xbox GP

stinky_daddy
stinky_daddy Posts: 449 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
edited 18 November 2019 at 1:38PM in Gaming MoneySaving
Hi All

Doing this on my phone, so please forgive any typos!!!!

Have just bought my son his first xbox and have 1 months free trial of both gold and games pass.

I know about the Ultimate tip already (thanks to people on here), however, I thought you had access to about 100 games, but when he looks, he can't see that many?

He has been looking in the free games section, as the other sections only seem to have trailers for games - is this correct?

Is it just a case of watching the trailers and then deciding you quite like the look of it (I assumed that you could play the game(s) and then decide if you liked it enough to buy it)?

TIA

s_d
Sometimes I wonder...
"why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
...and then it hits me
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comments

• Bump! for the all helpful people out there
    Sometimes I wonder...
    ...and then it hits me
    Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Theyre two separate subscription services.

You need xbox live for online gaming (and they give away a couple of free games every month).

Xbox game pass is the service that offers access to 100+ games. You get full access to the game, so it will need to be downloaded which can take a few hours (probably dont but ensure you dont have data limits and if you do, check the file sizes.).

Youll nee to have signed up to trials for both of the services and assuming youve only done it for the one. The game pass is usually something like £1 for 3 months although i think they do freebies occasionally.

If you look for a game called 'Gears 5' if it gives you and option of downloading/playing without paying youve signed up to the game pass, if not, you havent.
  • spadoosh wrote: »
    Theyre two separate subscription services.

You need xbox live for online gaming (and they give away a couple of free games every month).

Xbox game pass is the service that offers access to 100+ games. You get full access to the game, so it will need to be downloaded which can take a few hours (probably dont but ensure you dont have data limits and if you do, check the file sizes.).

Youll nee to have signed up to trials for both of the services and assuming youve only done it for the one.

If you look for a game called 'Gears 5' if it gives you and option of downloading/playing without paying youve signed up to the game pass, if not, you havent.

Have put in the codes for both Gold and GP.

He was looking (and so was I), but apart from the free section, it all seems to be trailers for games - will look for Gears 5 and go from there - thankyou

s_d
    Sometimes I wonder...
    ...and then it hits me
  • It may simply be you are looking in the wrong section if you have redeemed the codes.

When the Xbox is on, press the Xbox button on the controller and go to the 'My Games and Apps' section.

On the left hand side you will see some sub-headings with titles like: Games, Apps, Groups etc. If you look down this list you should see a sub-heading titled Game Pass. Select this and it should take you to the library of games available.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Have put in the codes for both Gold and GP.

He was looking (and so was I), but apart from the free section, it all seems to be trailers for games - will look for Gears 5 and go from there - thankyou

s_d

When you open a game in the store you'll normally see the trailer for it first, you need to then press down and it will show the main game details and give you the install option if it's a game pass game or one you own. It will also give you the option to purchase the game with a slight discount if you want to keep the game after your game pass expires.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport