Do easyjet ever run out of space for suitcases

Hi. I booked an easyjet flight for a peak time. I didn't yet buy a suitcase, because I don't want it to come off my credit card any earlier than neccesary... 2 questions:

1. Does the price for suitcases go up (like the ticket price)

2. Do they ever run out of space for suitcases if I wait too near the flight? (Its peak time, the flight gets overbooked).

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tryin wrote: »
    Hi. I booked an easyjet flight for a peak time. I didn't yet buy a suitcase, because I don't want it to come off my credit card any earlier than neccesary... 2 questions:

1. Does the price for suitcases go up (like the ticket price)

2. Do they ever run out of space for suitcases if I wait too near the flight? (Its peak time, the flight gets overbooked).

Do you mean the price to purchase a new suitcase? Who knows,try Debenhams and whatch the prices,might have a sale.

Th e aircraft always has room in the hold for all the luggage carried by its customers
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Yes the price of suitcases goes up.....booked flights first thing on Thursday morning suitcase was £48 its now £60
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    You mean in one day it went up? You being serious or cynical?
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    Do you mean you want to add luggage in the hold with your booking or buy a physical suit case? The luggage hold price stays the same, and I've never seen an airplane refuse luggage as it's full.
  • tryin
    I meant the price for luggage on the plane, obviously. (I thought the first persom who replied was trying to be funny...)
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    The Easyjet flight we are booked on for a week on Monday gives us an allowance of one piece of carry-on luggage each, which can be stowed in the overhead lockers or (as per a previous occasion) fitted under the seat in front of you. However we are informed that there is a limited amount of overhead capacity, and any surplus bags will have to be put in the hold, presumably at the going rate which is £29 per item for our flight.

Not sure if this answers your question, please clarify what you actually want to know.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    I meant the price for luggage on the plane, obviously. (I thought the first persom who replied was trying to be funny...)

No, not obviously as the first posters mentioned.
  • tryin
    edited 22 September 2019 at 5:26PM
    I meant the price for adding hold luggage

I just found this Reply number 26 says the price for his luggage went up.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Your question wasn't very clear, but yes, adding luggage at a later date nearer the day will see an increase in cost, even more so if you do it on the day at the airport.

I have been on an easyjet flight (last year to Bodrum) were they had to take luggage off due to a balance (but not space) issue.
  • tryin wrote: »

It's not that obvious though. If you want clear replies so you don't have to post snippy comments to the very people trying to help you, perhaps make your query clear with no room for ambiguity.

The people replying are volunteering their time to help YOU, so you have no right to nip at people because your opening post wasn't clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure