PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• That's the best news of the year Mar . I'm so happy and relieved for you both . I hope you're both tucked up fast asleep now with peaceful minds . xx

I've no idea how everyone is brain is still like jelly . I'd forgotten how horrible Pleurisy is but after missing most of Dec and this month I'm slowly beginning to feel the worst is over .

Sending hugs to those who need them , healing vibes to the poorlies .
    Karcher if you want to stand outside with me next time we get our coats you need to look after yourself and get well . x

MMF That sounds a perfect peaceful passing for your Dad . Spring will be a lovely time to remember him . I think we'll always remember his verbal gems and the G+T through a straw !

Stay warm all and hope any who were kept awake through last night get better sleep tonight . Iwas still awake at 5am this morning wondering if the roof would take off..

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Brilliant news mar :j

Hope all goes well tomorrow nursemaggie x

Get well soon chickens, pollyanna and everyone else who's ill!

Floss i hope you love your new job once you've settled in.

Not sure if i'll have time to come on here in the morning, so will say cheerio for now in case I don't. xx
  • Just had a brief look back . Hope all goes well tomorrow Ivyleaf and the weather isn't too bad .

Stay warm and rested Chickens glad you went to the Dr and hope the ABs do their job . Both youngest and I have had a real kicking from the Arthritis and Fibro while we've bee ill . The cold and damp really affects the joints and muscles . I have been using my trusty hot water bottle but we've both had the hot head and cold inside .

Hope the weather's ok tomorrow NM and the hospital trip goes well .
    Nice to see you WCS I bet you're glad you don't need to do that long drive now . I hope is well with you and the family .

The wind is howling again so I'm crossing everything it wont be another sleepless night .

Good to see you're ok burtha . Hopefully things will get sorted and you can make that new start x

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Ivy,hope tomorrow goes ok ,
    Mar , brill news
    Nursemaggie, fingers crossed hospital appointment goes ok

Snowy start to the day , with a few showers , but ok ish just slow traffic , youngest ds was up towing up last night , so off school , ... ok now . So had a gap between finished work and collecting dd , so ran through the snowy woods with the dogs , only about 1.5 mile but great fun , collected dd then chopped wood for 2 hours .... dd helped sort tea ,so I could get warmed up ... done b***er all since lol ....
    Fingers crossed we don't get all the snow that's forcast tonight ...to much on tomorrow ..
    Ttfn
    x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Mar, that is such good news! I'll bave a jelly baby on your behalf.

I was designated driver for our outing with friends today. THEY had cocktails and glasses of wine, I had pineapple juice and water :( After cocktails/mocktails watching the stunning sunset we had a lovely meal at an Indian restaurant, a very attractive setting, great service and our friends are good company. During the course of conversation it transpired than our friend has become part of an team of international scientists working on ground-breaking research, papers have been published, conferences have been presented to, and he has solved a pretty major technical problem. Two things of note transpired, i) he actually retired nearly 10 years ago and does this 'just to keep interested', ii) he refused to try and patent his invention because he feels it should be available to further other projects that will be of benefit in years to come.
    He is so self-effacing but sooooooo clever, it is humbling.

Burtha, you are a whirlwind and a half!!

NM, hope it goes well tomorrow and public transport is kind for once!

Polly and Karcher, feel better soon x
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Great news Mar you must be relieved
    Hugs to all the poorly people get well soon xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fantastic news mar, stay cosy.
    Thinking of you today ivyleaf & nursemaggie.

Our snow will probably be gone by this evening, it's raining. At least the car won't need scaping this morning.
  • You will be in my thoughts NM and Ivyleaf.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2018 at 7:53AM
    Good morning all. I didn't think that I was going to find you this morning. No matter how hard I searched I kept being told that I had landed on a page that didn't exist. I began to think that dementia had really set in and that you were all a delusion. Thank goodness, after going all round the houses you suddenly popped back into my life.

Ivyleaf. I hope you are coming down South under your own steam today. All trains have been disrupted, none at all between Portsmouth and Southampton and London because of fallen trees on the lines. Wear weights in your boots lovey, it's pretty windy.

Polly, so good to hear from you again, we've missed you. Hope that you soon start feeling better, you've had far more than your fair share of poorliness.

MMF bless your clever friend. People like that are jewels in the crown of humankind. Treasure him.

burtha, if you don't s l o w d o w n you are going to burn out. You can only keep all the balls in the air for so long. I do worry about you.

nm, thinking of you today. Hope your journey is straightforward and all is well.

Not sure what today holds here. For sure I'm not venturing out until the wind drops. I think it is due to get a bit calmer later this morning.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    monna Yes, we're coming by car, via Gatwick. What fun! :eek:

silvasava Realised that of course we won't be that far from you as well. Will wave to you, Lyn, monnagran and Islandmaid from Portsmouth!

((HUGS)) to everyone, "see" you on Sunday evening or Monday xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure