CHECK YOUR NHS Exemption Card

If you have an exemption card please check the date it is valid from and to.

I'm self employed as is my partner. In our third year our profits pushed us up into another bracket for benefits.:j Just.
In many ways we were pleased the business is now allowing us to stand on our own feet without a support net. But with all the changes happening at the moment we're getting caught out left right and centre.

Up until recently the Exemption Card ran from April to April. This has changed through the fact that many are reporting higher returns mid year. There is no warning the card expires, or needs renewing. Yes I am aware that I need to keep track of these things. There are SO many things to keep track of though aren't there?

If you have an NHS Exemption Card be sure it's still valid. The fees incured aren't worth it.

(In our case it would take us back down to the lower tax bracket :rotfl:)
Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Theres a clear expiry date on the card , mine runs for 5 years.
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are SO many things to keep track of though aren't there?

We all really need to start using our mobile phones and tablets more. There are free and simple apps for deadlines/reminders if your device doesn't come with something pre-loaded.

The days of getting paper reminders in the post are over, so it's time to use our devices for something useful.

Just takes a few seconds to add in a new reminder/deadline - probably less time to post a social media update.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    All very well if you use smartphones or tablets. Many people, particularly those of more mature years, don't have either.
    I'm not exactly in my dotage, but I only got a smartphone a couple of years ago and my missus got hers a few months ago. Neither of us really need, or want, the functionality of smartphones. All we want to do is make calls and the odd bit of texting. The major driver to get smartphones is that it's easier to text on them.
  • borkid
    borkid Posts: 2,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    All very well if you use smartphones or tablets. Many people, particularly those of more mature years, don't have either.
    I'm not exactly in my dotage, but I only got a smartphone a couple of years ago and my missus got hers a few months ago. Neither of us really need, or want, the functionality of smartphones. All we want to do is make calls and the odd bit of texting. The major driver to get smartphones is that it's easier to text on them.
    The idea is still the same though make a note of it. I write such notes on my wall calendar. It's a case of being really organised. If it is for next year then I make a note at the end of the calendar to update when I make the new one.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Thank goodness we aren't the only ones. My phone is very basic and only used for emergency calls or to ask someone to collect me from an appointment. My husband uses his only slightly more (I call him from home so he has no mobile cost) and he doesn't use the smart parts of his company phone, either.

If we keep on passing tasks on to technology the brains of our species will soon deteriorate from lack of use and judging by recent media footage some don't have much brain, even now.
  • Stoodles
    Stoodles Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It is worth being aware that even if you qualify for free prescriptions by reason of being on life time medication the card itself still expires after five years.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    teddysmum wrote: »
    If we keep on passing tasks on to technology the brains of our species will soon deteriorate from lack of use and judging by recent media footage some don't have much brain, even now.

Just look around you when walking around town for confirmation of the above! I've lost count of the number of times people have walked into me because they have their head down texting whilst walking. To be honest I'm surprised some of them have sufficient brain cells to to both at once:D
    At one time I used to step out of their way, but not any more.
  • teddysmum
    Just look around you when walking around town for confirmation of the above! I've lost count of the number of times people have walked into me because they have their head down texting whilst walking. To be honest I'm surprised some of them have sufficient brain cells to to both at once:D
    At one time I used to step out of their way, but not any more.

Some don't.

Yesterday, the man who did my boiler service, said that he had been to Manchester, last week and was shocked to see, in the flesh, the drug zombies featured in the papers and on tv, recently.
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    teddysmum wrote: »

I can totally understand this.....:rotfl:

One of my almost 16 yr olds attempted to cut his fingernails but was having tremendous problems actually holding the scissors whilst at the same time texting on one mobile and responding to something else on his other mobile. He looked astonished when I told him to put the phones down!

Life can be oh so difficult being a teenager smilie_frech_065.gif
  • teddysmum
    NYM wrote: »
    I can totally understand this.....:rotfl:

One of my almost 16 yr olds attempted to cut his fingernails but was having tremendous problems actually holding the scissors whilst at the same time texting on one mobile and responding to something else on his other mobile. He looked astonished when I told him to put the phones down!

Life can be oh so difficult being a teenager smilie_frech_065.gif

Ah but you forget that it's females who can multitask.

Same with dogs. I had a girlie (site won't let you use the proper term) who would cram toys I her mouth, holding the last by just one tooth and a couple of boys who would hold one toy and cry because they couldn't work out how to pick up another, without dropping something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure