Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry that Mr SA is poorly again but good to hear you got some well deserved sleep. At least the scales have stayed the same and not gone up!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Friday :)

Mr SA still not well. Not stopped him eating his evening meal though.

Went to spinning at lunchtime, was good, still aching a bit from circuits.

Work was manic, only two of us in today on our team.

Hairdressers tomorrow - 8am appointment - what on earth made me think that was a good idea on a Saturday!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good that he is eating ok. You can cheer him up with your new glamorous hair! :D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Just catching up, sorry to hear Mr SA has been poorly. Was going to say he sounded depressed, but the addition of sickness and the runs makes me think otherwise. Hope he's a little better today.

Happy new hair!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope Mr Sa is on the mend.
    Happy new hair indeed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Remind me never to book such an early hair appointment again at the weekend (yawn). It was horrendous getting up at 6am on a Saturday and having to get ready to go out.

Mr SA a lot better now thankfully. He was eating curry last night so must be ok.

This weekend has flown by and I don't seem to have got that much done We packed away the garden furniture today. Mr SA has been reluctant to do this job as I'm sure he thinks summer will come back. There are so many jobs that he could chip away at during the week and save me doing them but he won't do anything without someone prompting him which is really annoying. Even if I write it on his whiteboard he ignores it. This is where I miss the carer coming in as he used to motivate him to do things. Even the online shop has to be delivered when I'm there now as he says it hurts his back bringing it in and putting it away.

Had a quick sort of finances today, everything looking ok, credit card has rolled over, still need to have a look at if I'm on track to clear it on payday, will do this later. VSP now holds £679.24.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Bought a Breville health fryer from Argos which arrived today. Cooked Mr SA some chips in it and he loved them. I've pointed out to him that it's not just for his chips! Not really had much time to look at what it does properly yet but it looks good so far.

Gym this lunchtime and an alcohol free day so no doubt no sleep for me through Mr SA's snoring tonight.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have heard fab reports on health/air fryers.
    Lucky you.
    A wee bit too pricy for me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So glad Mr SA is feeling better SA. Not heard of these health fryers before... must have a look at them x
    Mummytogirls x

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    When relative lived with us he got us an Actifry, it's fab, I agree they are pricey.

DH managed to set light to our first one!! Relative brought a 2nd one and DH is not allowed to touch it!!

I like the fact there is no fatty smell hanging about although our one is a nightmare to clean.

I love chips done in it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport