Back in debt but not out

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done for getting your 2017 goals sorted. I definitely need to think about mine!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 October 2016 at 5:37AM
    Thanks, I think I really need something to focus on or I'll get nowhere.

Busy trying to think of which of my spare accounts I have, should be used for what. One thing is definite, I need to build up DH's ISA. He doesn't quite have a pension, so he's unlikely to retire, so I want to think of some way of trickling money in to it once the debt is low enough, by which time I'm hoping the other budget accounts and emergency fund has improved. I don't plan on telling DH about it until it's at a reasonable amount.

DH has taken DS to the ATC introductory night, DH said it brings back memories especially as he was an instructor himself and one of his old mates is still instructing 20 odd years later :rotfl:
  • Love your 2017 goals PMO2 :) it's great to have a focus and you've got a really good mix there, good luck with them :D keeping everything crossed for you as you look for a permanent job.

Jumblerina xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello PM02

Sorry not to have been onto your diary recently. Especially as you have been so kind on mine.

I'm also sorry to hear how you have been feeling so stressed. I recognise the feelings you mention & think it's a commonality among self employed/freelance/contractor folk.

I think the advice given by Thistledown is spot on. No matter what happens you will cope. You have coped before and will again. It's a reassuring mantra isn't it.

Great goals for 2017.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 October 2016 at 12:38PM
    Morning,

Thanks everyone, it means a lot :)

So I have been thinking about the Savings accounts and I have come to the following conclusion.

It is going to take me a while to build them up...but I like a challenge so it gives me something else to work on next year lol.

High interest one (pots account) - this one is going to be used for the Emergency Fund and anything car related
    My SA (1) - Gas and Electric
    My SA (2) - Home Insurance/Water Rates
    My SA (3) - Christmas and Birthdays
    DH SA (4) - Council Tax

Just need to work out now, how much I think I need to save to build them up.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Loving your 2017 goals PMO2, you're so organised!!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • lcc86 wrote: »
    you're so organised!!

First time for everything :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    I think the advice given by Thistledown is spot on. No matter what happens you will cope. You have coped before and will again. It's a reassuring mantra isn't it

Thanks, it is. You're right x
  • Jumblerina wrote: »
    Love your 2017 goals PMO2 :) it's great to have a focus and you've got a really good mix there, good luck with them :D keeping everything crossed for you as you look for a permanent job.

Jumblerina xxx

Thank you x
  • Right, yes I'm worried about the work situation but mainly because of the time of year. DC work is usually plentiful like most construction jobs, so I know there's something out there.

Soooooo, enough of my wallowing and thank you for the support :happylove:

I need to focus on the here and now and shine on site, so they want to, need to, must keep me :rotfl:

Tomorrow is a new day, so I'll say goodnight. Free hugs galore to share too xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure