Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chagoi
    • By chagoi 4th Jun 19, 5:19 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    chagoi
    Tax back on Standard Variable rate repayments other than ppi
    • 4th Jun 19, 5:19 PM
    Tax back on Standard Variable rate repayments other than ppi 4th Jun 19 at 5:19 PM
    Hi, just read that these payments are sent to me and taxed at source. I have one i will pursue , but i had a repayment from abbey when there were problems concerning Standard variable rates on mortgages where you were put onto them after your deal ended. I had a payment from them can i fill out the form on HMRC for this as well....thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    • 22,950 Posts
    • 25,353 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    • 4th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    Was there a statutory interest element and was it taxed?
    • chagoi
    • By chagoi 4th Jun 19, 6:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chagoi
    • 4th Jun 19, 6:30 PM
    not sure what you mean
    • 4th Jun 19, 6:30 PM
    Had a repayment and good will 600 as we were put onto svr which was then automatic soon to be changed in law...So as it is a one off reclaim can i do the same as the other article martin shows as to claim the tax back
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

4,191Users online

Martin's Twitter