Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 20th May 19, 7:26 AM
    • 186Posts
    • 28Thanks
    SeeMe
    Bowel Camera- sedation or not?
    • 20th May 19, 7:26 AM
    Bowel Camera- sedation or not? 20th May 19 at 7:26 AM
    Having this done soon up the nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Anyone had this procedure

Did you have sedation, gas/oxygen, or nothing at all?
Page 2
    • choille
    • By choille 22nd May 19, 4:35 PM
    • 6,802 Posts
    • 32,064 Thanks
    choille
    I've had three & took nothing the last time as they said I wouldn't need it but I will take mild sedation the next time as I found it pretty uncomfortable.

They do like you to have someone come & pick you up if you are having sedation. because I had arranged just to phone my partner once I was done & meet him outside - that's why I went without so I could do that.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 25th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Just got my letter and its in 2 weeks time at 8 30am, it says if you don't have sedation then entonox (gas & air ) may be offered to suitable patients. I have no major health problems so hope i am suitable for this, as this is what i prefer rather than sedation.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Jun 19, 3:09 PM
    • 9,615 Posts
    • 32,439 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Fingers crossed for you that all has gone well!
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 16th Jun 19, 2:01 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Fingers crossed for you that all has gone well!
    Originally posted by DigForVictory

Yes all done now, the movieprep caused me more problems on the morning of the procedure than the camera itself. I had the gas & air, and the only times i felt pain was through a very fast build up of wind in which the nurse said just let it out and don't be shy its what we expect, so this happened 3 times and i blame the moviprep which also never emptied me 100%.

I loved watching the monitor as something was removed with a wire loop and then foreceps which caused a bit of blood, but was compleatly painless.But again i must say i did let a few rip during the half hour procedure but could not help it and no one batted an eyelid.
    Last edited by SeeMe; 16-06-2019 at 2:03 PM.
    • magicman62
    • By magicman62 18th Jun 19, 1:13 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    magicman62
    I have had several of these myself the first was with sedation seemed to have little effect tbut was probably more of a relaxent he rest where with gas and air a few quick puffs when he went round the bends was all i needed , besides it was very interesting see my insides on the screen ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,285Posts Today

7,729Users online

Martin's Twitter