Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,687Posts
    • 80,627Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 17
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 22nd Jun 19, 10:49 AM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    I have been smashing it this week. Def lost some, but I do think my weigh in was bloated a bit as time of the month and I always carry excess water then. So I think I will have a good loss on Monday.

However I am off to London in an hour, have pointed up what I want to eat so been stuffing myself with yoghurt and fruit to try to stop going over. Although I do have a lot of weeklies left. I had a chocolate bar yesterday, but I got a multipack, and had one, pointed it (10p) and stopped!!! Amazing for me, normally I would get a huge bar, eat the lot and feel sick. This time I savoured it and enjoyed it.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 22nd Jun 19, 12:48 PM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 22,093 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    STS this week. No surprise as I ate out twice! We were supposed to be going to the cinema but we ate out instead. The first time I made a pig of myself and had garlic bread and pizza but the second time I had tomato pasta and no starter.

Quite lucky to stay the same really!

I will weigh myself again on Monday to see if I manage to lose even one pound.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 22nd Jun 19, 5:34 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    Sts this week, but i've eaten pizzas n all sorts of crap.Just been trying holiday clothes on, n noticed that i'm literally covered in bruises, thanks to Bonnie's pointy little feet
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 22nd Jun 19, 11:20 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Well, I fell of the wagon when in London. I had a huge doughnut. It was lush. My stomach is not happy now though!

Fab time wi my daughter in the West end, and lots of walking so may be OK yet.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 23rd Jun 19, 5:42 AM
    • 11,687 Posts
    • 80,627 Thanks
    lessonlearned

Glad you enjoyed your day though.

Me too. What are we like..

Some friends dropped by and we ended up going out for a meal. I enjoyed myself and had a great time.

No regrets. Today is another day. .

Ouch to the bruises, ,Candy.

I am still stiff and sore.......going to have a nice soak in the bath to try and loosen up and kickstart my day. A bit of pampering and TLC.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 23-06-2019 at 5:45 AM.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 23rd Jun 19, 10:24 AM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 22,093 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Just been trying holiday clothes on, n noticed that i'm literally covered in bruises, thanks to Bonnie's pointy little feet
    Originally posted by candygirl
    I'm the same with my Jack Russell. I had to sit in the front seat of the car with my Chihuahua instead of being in the back seat with her as I keep getting really bruised!
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 23rd Jun 19, 10:48 AM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Thanks LL, we had a wonderful time, staying low point today, and weight in tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed your meal out, just occasionally it's nice to say yes! Although my issue is then I can't go back to saying no and then it's a cycle of dispair!

But feeling incredible atm, finding it so easy while at home anyway.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 23rd Jun 19, 4:25 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    I'm the same with my Jack Russell. I had to sit in the front seat of the car with my Chihuahua instead of being in the back seat with her as I keep getting really bruised!
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    Little monkeys aren't they ? Btw I love JRTs

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 24th Jun 19, 6:35 AM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 22,093 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I did manage to lose 1 pound in the end last week. Better than nothing, I suppose as I did eat out twice.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 24th Jun 19, 7:06 AM
    • 32,880 Posts
    • 65,300 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Hi, LL, do you mind if I join your thread?

I've started logging my points using WW online. I have not done this for several months. I have also gained 5lb I don't want to put weight back on after having lost three stone, so I'm now back on track (no pun intended).

Wishing everyone a good week and hope you're all losers .

I hope none of you mind, but I tell no-one my starting weight, nor what I weigh now, even IRL. This is because I don't want any comments about it, even if they are good ones, it would impact negatively on me. But comment away about the amount I have lost!).
    Last edited by seven-day-weekend; 24-06-2019 at 7:11 AM.
    Member #10 of 2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 24th Jun 19, 7:22 AM
    • 32,880 Posts
    • 65,300 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    I have started doing yoga. 3 a class at my gym. I must say I like it better than the usual gym exercises (and work up more of a sweat!).. I think this is because there is someone at the front telling and showing me what to do and also other people doing the same thing. My husband and I are by far the oldest in the group, at 69 and 70. Our son and his partner come too, so it's a nice family outing

I surprised myself by being able to do most of the exercises (apart from some of the balancing ones, when I have been known to fall over!). Anyway, after last week's exercise, the yoga instructor told me well done and said I should be proud of myself. So I am

Am looking forward to my next class on Saturday.
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 24th Jun 19, 7:52 AM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 22,093 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I've had cereal for breakfast and I'm making a zero points soup for lunch.

I'm having it with a Marmite sandwich as someone on another thread made me get a craving for one.

I'm making veggie and lentil pasta for dinner and will probably have fresh fruit and some yoghurt as snacks.

I hope none of you mind, but I tell no-one my starting weight, nor what I weigh now, even IRL. This is because I don't want any comments about it, even if they are good ones, it would impact negatively on me. But comment away about the amount I have lost!).
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend
    No, we don't mind at all.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 24th Jun 19, 8:00 AM
    • 11,687 Posts
    • 80,627 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

SDW. Of course you are welcome. You'll soon nip that 5lb gain in the bud.

Well I have had a great weekend. And despite my little blips during the week, if my scales are telling the truth then I have only got 1.9lbs to go uNtil I reach my birthday target.

Official WW WI tonight.

Not quite sure of my menu today but I think I will probably have shepherdless pie for dinner. 0pts.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 24th Jun 19, 8:21 AM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    I lost 51/2lbs! Who is fab, but I am a lb off going under the stone bracket. This is what I efo though have a fab weight loss, then plateau for two weeks then lose a load more. Which I find hard to keep at. Also this week, trip up north fo a funeral. Going to be super good until Thurs, then be sensible. And claw it back at the weekend. That's the plan anyway.

Sdw, I used to do yoga, always loved it. Should get back to it really.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 24th Jun 19, 12:06 PM
    • 11,687 Posts
    • 80,627 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Me too, definitely need to some yoga or Pilates.....stretch my poor aching muscles.

Drawingaline. wow. Well done!!! Must be the "whoosh effect". Maybe that's just the way it works for you, plateau and then loss. It's still on a downward trajectory..

Just taking a break from gardening whilst it rains for a while, it's brown bin day on Wednesday and I'm having to share my neighbours at the moment. Long story. I noticed it's only half full so I'm on a mission to clean up some of the weeds and hopefully mow the lawn tomorrow. In between time I'm still sorting and decluttering, usually when it's raining.

Gardening and deep cleaning counts as exercise in my book.

Today's menu.

B. cheese and ham omelette 2 Pts
    L. Garlicky creamed mushrooms on a small warmed flat bread 3pts
    D. Shepherdless pie, cauliflower, carrots and peas 0pts

For cream I use half fat creme fraiche.

Am experimenting adding a few more carbs, hopefully to improve my energy levels. Need to be careful though because of blood sugar levels, but the odd bit of bread shouldn't make too much of an impact.

Might try a bit of pasta soon. ....I could murder a macaroni cheese. Can't remember the last time I had some.

Still it will be worth it.

Need to spend some time with the recipe books. Need some fresh ideas.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 24-06-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 24th Jun 19, 3:34 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    LL, macaroni cheese is my absolute favourite thing ever.

In fact cheese is quite probably my favourite food. Definitely not very diet friendly!
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 24th Jun 19, 6:32 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    DAL 5.5lbs off is amazing!Well done everyone who is still losing

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 25th Jun 19, 6:40 AM
    • 32,880 Posts
    • 65,300 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    LL, macaroni cheese is my absolute favourite thing ever.

In fact cheese is quite probably my favourite food. Definitely not very diet friendly!
    Originally posted by Drawingaline
    I love macaroni cheese. I do a low-fat version with half-fat cheese and skimmed milk, for ten points. Yum!
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 25th Jun 19, 7:26 AM
    • 11,687 Posts
    • 80,627 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    I might treat myself to a low fat version one of these days.

Didn't go to WI couldn't be bothered but according to my scales I have lost 2lbs. . I think they are pretty accurate so I'm happy. Anyhoo I can tell by my clothes that I'm still losing steadily.

Off outmthis evening. I'm driving so a perfect excuse to avoid alcohol.

B. Banana fritters 1pt
    L. Some sort of salad, probably ham. 2pts
    D. Salmon. Opts

Have ordered a waffle maker. My pancakes always taste good but sometimes they do stick to the pan and look very messy so I thought I'd make waffles instead.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 25-06-2019 at 7:32 AM.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 25th Jun 19, 7:53 AM
    • 704 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    I have a waffle maker and a pancake maker. Well worth the spend. I am lazy and get mix from Costco. The kids often have them for tea on a Friday. I copied a waflle mix from the app, someone had posted it on the connect bit, they bake them in the oven using a silicone mould from amazon. It's in my wish list atm.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,926Posts Today

7,748Users online

Martin's Twitter