Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,710Posts
    • 80,784Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 1
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 3rd Apr 19, 12:28 PM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    • 3rd Apr 19, 12:28 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 12:28 PM
    Right here I go.....

I noticed there are a few lurkers, but no contributors yet. Please feel to join in, tips, advice, moans, be my diet buddy.....whatever.

Ok the back story.

This time last year I was my heaviest ever, 13st 9lbs. I managed to lose roughly a stone and a bit by myself but then plateaued. So 4 weeks ago I decided to join a slimming club. WW hold their meetings within easy walking distance so I plumped for them.

Tbh I have tried SW in the past but for some reason I struggled to get my head round it all and wasnt very successful.

Anyhow I've lost 5 lbs since joining. Now just under the 12 stone barrier Not a huge loss, just a steady average of 1lb per week. If I can keep going at that rate I will be happy.

I haven't set myself an end target yet. I'll see how it goes.

I have set myself an interim goal of losing a further 1 stone by July 6tn, my birthday. Then I will review it.

I'm feeling psyched and raring to go.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 03-04-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 3rd Apr 19, 12:52 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 22,184 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    • 3rd Apr 19, 12:52 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 12:52 PM
    I will join in.

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I had zero energy. I could barely walk half a mile and I went up to 16 stone!

I had no idea I even weighed that much until I was weighed at the doctor's surgery as I didn't even have the energy or motivation to get on the scales at home! I used to rely on takeaways too much as I was too tired to cook.

I lost a stone very quickly after that as I was quite shocked (!) and I cut back on the takeaways.

I then started getting a lot better quality sleep and relaxing with mindfulness and visualisation exercises. I then started working on my nutrition.

I got a lot of my energy back and last year I started walking for at least an hour a day. I was 14 stone in December and doing WW at home and I am down to 12 and a half stone now and back to a size 14 dress size.

I was saying this on another thread (The Frump to Fab one) but I carry my weight quite well because of my frame.

I would be happy even if I lost another stone so my goal is to be 11 and half stone. I am a size 12/14 at that weight.

Another thing spurring me on is that my wedding and engagement rings haven't fit me for years. When I get to 11 and a half stone they will fit again.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a thesis.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 3rd Apr 19, 1:01 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 22,184 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    • 3rd Apr 19, 1:01 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 1:01 PM
    Today I have had a berry, banana and chia seed smoothie and then half a tin of baked beans on two slices of granary toast.

Cup of green tea and sparkling water to drink.

I'm making leek and potato soup later and making enough for the next few days.

I walked for over an hour as well, in the rain too!
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 3rd Apr 19, 2:00 PM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    • 3rd Apr 19, 2:00 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 2:00 PM
    Hi Wednesday.....thanks for joining me. Nice to have some company on my weight loss journey.

Loved the essay.

Seriously though you have done really well so far, especially when battling ill health. It's not easy when you have health issues.

There was a lady on another thread who said that losing weight was a bit like having a part time job, in that it was time consuming and took commitment and dedication. I think she was spot on.

I think we have to be just a little bit "selfish" for want of a better word, and put our weight loss journey and our health needs near the top of our agenda.....or at least until we know what we are doing and can just go on auto pilot.

So for me, for once in my life, I am trying to get my head round meal planning and shopping with lists etc instead of just winging it and then stuffing myself with anything I can get my hands on.

I've been for my walk, only 30 minutes because I'm still nursing my knee but I might do another short one later. Now that the lighter evenings are with us I'm aiming to go for a walk after my evening meal.

We can do it, all we have to do is stick with it.
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 3rd Apr 19, 2:46 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    • 3rd Apr 19, 2:46 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 2:46 PM
    Oh here you are! If I could lose one pound a week I would be delirious! Never tried WW, done slimming world twice and very successfully but it was years ago and want to do something different. It will have to be online - no, still haven't joined but I WILL, got to get rid of this belly.

When I was weighed at the doctors I discovered I had lost over a stone since this time last year, so I CAN do it! You once said, LL, that we gained the weight slowly - it's insidious how it creeps up on us, isn't it? We should lose it at the same rate.

So tomorrow I will be back on here as a fully paid up member of the FWWG (Fabbers Weight Watchers Group) and seek your support and inspiration............I'm sure I used to have hip bones............
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 3rd Apr 19, 3:05 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 22,184 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    • 3rd Apr 19, 3:05 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 3:05 PM
    I realised I have to reduce the amount of points I'm on as I've lost more weight recently. I was on 28, then 27. I'm on 26 points a day now. The walking helps as it means I do more activity.

I should say that what I said I ate today is not all I will eat, that isn't enough points obviously.

I actually went to try on my rings after I posted on here and they do fit. That was a nice surprise.

We didn't have a lot of money when we got married as we were paying off our debts so I bought a vintage gold band on ebay. I think once I get down to 11 and a half stone I will buy myself a brand new wedding band as a reward.

Seriously though you have done really well so far, especially when battling ill health. It's not easy when you have health issues.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    Yes, I think we have both done very well.

When I was weighed at the doctors I discovered I had lost over a stone since this time last year, so I CAN do it! You once said, LL, that we gained the weight slowly - it's insidious how it creeps up on us, isn't it? We should lose it at the same rate.

So tomorrow I will be back on here as a fully paid up member of the FWWG (Fabbers Weight Watchers Group) and seek your support and inspiration............I'm sure I used to have hip bones............
    Originally posted by Dorothy60
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 3rd Apr 19, 4:23 PM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    • 3rd Apr 19, 4:23 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 4:23 PM
    How can one little miserable sausage be 6 points. it's only a couple of bites.......

Good job I weighed them and checked, I was going to have 2.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 3rd Apr 19, 5:01 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,579 Thanks
    candygirl
    • 3rd Apr 19, 5:01 PM
    • 3rd Apr 19, 5:01 PM
    You two are doing so well.
    I'm going to join in, when my head's a bit straighter IYSWIM
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • chanie
    • By chanie 3rd Apr 19, 7:59 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 12,609 Thanks
    chanie
    I’m going to join. I lost weight with WW years ago and need to get back in the wagon. I will report back when I have a bit more time (today has been a loonnngg day at work)
    2019 savings on purchases £3543.55
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 4th Apr 19, 6:37 AM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Glad you are joining us Chanie.

Dorothy hope to "see" you later today.

Candy.....when you're ready......I do think it's easier if you get your head in the right place. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Your holiday will be the perfect motivation to get a fab "Beach Bod".

My daily point allowance is 23. I am going out for a slap up meal at my favourite restaurant on Sunday and don't want to spoil it by fretting about what I can and can't eat. So I'm saving 4 points each day this week, plus my weekly allowance. So hopefully I'll have banked enough points to give me plenty of leeway.

Going to try and start doing some tummy crunches and waist whittling exercises today, as well as a bit of yoga and a couple of short walks.
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 4th Apr 19, 6:55 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    Right, I'VE DONE IT!! Pushed the button, or rather poked the screen of my ipad and am now a fully paid up member of this lovely elite group!

So my daily allowance is 23 and weekly 28 so just need to get my head round all this and make sure I don't unintentionally sabotage my efforts - this is where you WW pals will come in I hope.

So signed up for 9 months as it is the most cost effective option - and we all met on MSE so I know you will all get that. A tenner a month is worth it, so happy with my choice.

Need to download the app which is totally beyond me so just waiting for one of my lovely, patient much younger colleagues to come into work and set me up.

Before I start work for the day lets get the stats out of the way eh? I am 5 ft 4 and last year was 11 st 10 - now 10 st 11. Would like to see how I look at 10 st - which should take max 10 weeks, hopefully less

Will check in later - have a great day
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 4th Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 22,184 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    to the new people on here.

I haven't lost any more weight this week and it's Thursday! That sometimes happens that I lose weight in the first part of the week and sometimes in the second half.

I think I might up my exercise and use my trampoline today.

I'm on another forum and all the women on the health section have Fitbits to track their activity. I wonder if they are worth the money. Hmm.

I had beans on 2 toast for breakfast. I will have the leek and potato soup for lunch. It'a amazing how tasty that soup is with only three ingredients.
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 4th Apr 19, 1:18 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    How can one little miserable sausage be 6 points. it's only a couple of bites.......

Good job I weighed them and checked, I was going to have 2.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned

Have you tried Heck sausages, LL? 2 for 1 point! The chicken Italia ones are lush and often on offer at T at 10 for £2 cheap as chips.

So today I have had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and salmon salad sandwich for lunch - was shocked that the seeded farmhouse bread is 4 points a slice, but I've still got 15 points left. Going for a wetherspoons curry tonight, chicken jalfrezi is one of lowest point options but will go over with the side and a pint of Carlsberg lol, but I will take it out of my weekly surplus.

So got the app downloaded, still have to figure out how to use it - want to add in my exercise for extra points and don't know how to do it yet - sigh.

Need some more free food during the day, fruit etc - will sort that tonight

So half way through my first day and feeling good.

Last night I found a box of chocs that one of the kids got me for mothers day and forgot to give me - but don't worry, I only ate several and will ration the rest
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 4th Apr 19, 2:36 PM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Thanks Dorothy, I will look out for those sausages.

Well my day is scuppered......a bit of a fibro flare up. I think its weather related because it's awful here, cold, wet and miserable with an icy wind that could cut you in half. I managed to walk to the library but I won't be going out again. I'll just hunker down and keep warm.

I haven't had a mAssage for a while so I've booked one for next Tuesday. In the meantime I'll try the acupressure mat and try and do a bit of yoga.

I still haven't got the app sorted yet, so I just manage with my shopping guide to find out point values. It's quite straightforward.

Dorothy it took me a few days to get my head round it all but now I know what I'm doing I am finding it quite easy.

Definitely fill up on free foods. If you can make at least one meal a day "free" it will help. Luckily there are over 200 free foods so plenty to go at.

I am eating so much food now, mainly because I usually have 2 free or very low point meals. I think my weight loss stalled before because I wasn't eating enough. Maybe I have kickstarted my metabolism.

I have upped my fruit and veg intake. I eat around 10 portions a day now.
    • SnoozySuzy
    • By SnoozySuzy 4th Apr 19, 9:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    SnoozySuzy
    Hello! Not brand new to MSE but itís been a while and I canít for the life of me remember my password and login. So I thought Iíd have a nice fresh start.

Is it ok if I join you? I much prefer posting on forums and everything seems to be geared to social media apps these days (showing my age, I guess...)

Iím Sue, currently very tired (hence the username) and Iíve been on WW since last Saturday (after a couple of false starts the 2 days before that). It all seems to be going ok so far but I guess Iíll know more when I weigh in on Saturday!

23 daily points, 42(?) weeklies (not sure now Iíve used lots of them!) and a way to go, weight-wise. I was 15st 5.8lbs (that 0.8 is so much better than rounding up, LOL) on Saturday so hereís hoping Iíve made a little dent with my efforts this week. Iíll soon find out! But even if it hasnít made much difference itís changed what Iíve eaten this week to much healthier stuff so thatís a big plus. I donít always look after myself too well after being widowed in 2016. But Iím going to be 50 in December and Iím toying with the idea of going on a great holiday to celebrate - nothing planned yet. And I want to be Fab at Fifty, not the other word beginning with F.

Looking forward to seeing how we all get on.
    Last edited by SnoozySuzy; 04-04-2019 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Typos
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 4th Apr 19, 9:33 PM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hi Suzy.....welcome to our little gang. Sorry to hear that you lost your husband. I'm a widow too, it sucks doesn't it.

Anyway, well done for grasping the nettle. Stick with it and You'll be Fab at Fifty ........
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 5th Apr 19, 7:22 AM
    • 11,710 Posts
    • 80,784 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning.....

I have a new target.

9th June - my grandsons christening.

10lbs In 10 weeks. .

Watch this space......
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 5th Apr 19, 7:49 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    Hi Ss, glad you’ve joined us. Sorry to hear of your loss. What fantastic goals you and LL have. Day 2 for me and not working today so don’t have my usual structure and don’t want to eat in to my weekend extra points. Will keep busy and not keep reaching for the biscuit tin. Going to have brunch later with my fab heck sausages, a point for two then the rest is free if cooked appropriately. Really glad I joined up now. Want to be a size 12 while I’m still 60. There. That’s my goal.
    • SnoozySuzy
    • By SnoozySuzy 5th Apr 19, 8:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    SnoozySuzy
    Hello again Thanks for the welcome xx

Yes, it certainly does suck being a widow. I’m so sorry you’re in the same boat LL.

10lbs in 10 weeks sounds absolutely doable!

Hope you managed to avoid the biscuit tin, D.

It’s day 7 so that means it’s weigh day tomorrow. Hope I’ve lost something. I know I said earlier that it doesn’t matter but I think we all know that it does. Still - it’s been a successful week. I’ve stuck to my points, still have a few weeklies left.

I guess I’ll know soon enough!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,011Posts Today

7,828Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin