Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 4th Jul 18, 10:57 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 8Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    McDonald's sign photo
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:57 AM
    McDonald's sign photo 4th Jul 18 at 10:57 AM
    Hi, I'm currently getting together my popla appeal against MET parking services for the driver overstaying by 89 minutes at a McDonald's car park.
    I have been to the sight to look at the signage (as I was not the driver) and have taken pictures.
    I'm not sure if the signs comply with standards or not. Is it worth submitting pictures to poplar anyway or may I be shooting myself in the foot?
    Would it be detrimental for me to post it here for people to see?
    I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
Page 3
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Jul 18, 1:20 PM
    • 23,273 Posts
    • 29,660 Thanks
    Redx
    1) they say that they complied with POFA2012, wording and timescales ? have they ? if not then you will say that they have failed POFA2012

they also state they have not identified the keeper as the driver, so if they failed pofa 2012 then you state they failed to transfer liability from driver to keeper

check their signage and plan is correct and the signs are illuminated at night etc, point out any errors, including if its not the correct car park location which you seem to infer

check the contract , is it redacted ? , is it signaged and dated ? , has it expired ? if its heavily redacted and/or isnt in date, not been signed by the landowner or their legal agent etc , they fail, so find those errors (if any)

once you have checked their docs, do a short rebuttal in under 2000 characters, I would suggest you find other recent rebuttals and adapt one of those as its only a short section

you cannot post images on here , only live (or dead links) to other sites
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 28th Jul 18, 1:26 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    Hopefully this works. I had to take screenshots.

• mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 28th Jul 18, 1:35 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    From all I can see they have complied with POFA2012 so im unsure what to say to make a point.

They contract is heavily redacted but has all signatures.
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 30th Jul 18, 6:50 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    Can anyone tell me if i can still rebutt my appeal point that MET parking have not shown the individual they are pursuing as the driver if their NTK complies with pofa 2012?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,782Posts Today

5,620Users online

Martin's Twitter