Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 16th Feb 16, 6:20 PM
    • 286Posts
    • 79Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up?
    • 16th Feb 16, 6:20 PM
    MSE News: More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up? 16th Feb 16 at 6:20 PM
    More collective switches have been launched. But how do they stack up and compare with MSE's own Big Switch Event 4?...
    Read the full story:
    'More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up?'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 16-02-2016 at 6:34 PM.
Page 3
    • phillw
    • By phillw 25th Jan 17, 9:31 AM
    • 2,381 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    phillw
    Dont knock it: it might persuade some of the 70% who have never switched to take some action. More savvy switchers will run their own comparisons to see which is the best deal for them on the market based on postcode and usage.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Those 70%!believe there isn't any point in going through the hassle because it's just a con and you can't really save money on your energy bills. That abysmal collective deal has just confirmed it to them.

I can't even get my dad to buy energy from the same supplier.
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 25th Jan 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1,715 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    Those 70%!believe there isn't any point in going through the hassle because it's just a con and you can't really save money on your energy bills. That abysmal collective deal has just confirmed it to them.

I can't even get my dad to buy energy from the same supplier.
    Originally posted by phillw
    Obviously the savings, if any depends on useage and location.

For me the "abysmal " collective deal from People for Places ( strange name for an energy supplier) is £166 cheaper than the best deal from E-On my current supplier via a collective till March.

Also it is £25 cheaper than Iresa which comes out best on all the comparison sites I have tried.

At the moment I am tempted to switch to Iresa, but as I have time before my cheap deal ends I may just wait to see what happens with MSE next week. I have previously switched via them with good deals and no switching problems.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 25th Jan 17, 10:57 AM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    People for Places ( strange name for an energy supplier)
    Originally posted by FOREVER21
    It's Places for People. Which is a little less odd.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • martyp
    • By martyp 25th Jan 17, 9:03 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    martyp
    I had an e-mail 2 days ago saying that I would be told of the Places for People tariff yesterday but never heard anything...
    I just went on the website and did a comparison and with their amazing collective switch deal I could save a massive -£74.59 over my current switch to Iresa for electric and Zog for gas...
    Don't think I'll be rushing to switch to that one...
    Roll on MSE collective switch
    Last edited by martyp; 25-01-2017 at 9:21 PM.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 26th Jan 17, 5:44 AM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 1,661 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Hi all

A quick update on MSE's collective plans. Our Cheap Energy Club mailbox has been swamped with questions on this (especially from those whose current collective deal's up soon).

We're trying really hard but with energy prices rising rapidly, it's tough to get providers to play ball. By next week's email we'll either have a deal, or if not, tell you the best thing to do.

I hope that helps.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Roll on MSE collective switch
    Originally posted by martyp

I personally wouldn't pin all your hopes on a CEC collective? With energy prices rising, it looks like they are having a tough time of it, too? They said similar, last time.

You can always switch / cancel a switch and switch, again.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

630Posts Today

5,778Users online

Martin's Twitter