Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 20th Apr 14, 11:12 PM
    • 6,074Posts
    • 14,126Thanks
    mellymoo74
    talk me down please
    • 20th Apr 14, 11:12 PM
    talk me down please 20th Apr 14 at 11:12 PM
    Ok 10 years ago me and OH took MIL and Aunty away the plan was during this break we would invite em to the wedding.
    Before we could they stormed off and refused to answer any of my OHs calls.
    OH tried to get them to talk didn't happen and the wedding went ahead.
    Eventually OH and MIL are reconciled 2 years on another argument is provoked eventually reconciled then a big bust up about her not being at our wedding then reconciled rinse and repeat.
    MIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer we have been ensuring she has company food etc (regular visits) I went to her appointment with her last Fri then last Sat OH goes around to see her and the wedding row was provoked again she went in for an op Mon telling OHs sister the auntie nephews etc to not tell my OH she was in or the ward or when the op was.
    OH is upset so I get the hospital info so at least we can find out how she is.
    We went to see her at the hospital on Fri aft and discovered shed been discharged in the morning.
    Still not called OH no contact nothing.
    I am livid my OH has been beside themselves and deeply upset (which is the intention) she can't even allow people to say she is ok.
    So how do I keep my OH on a nice even keel and stop myself from telling her off?
Page 188
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 20th Jun 19, 10:48 AM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    https://youtu.be/CASzHTzy1XE
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 20th Jun 19, 5:07 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Gp upped my dose of fluxetine
    Tired
    Feel sick
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 20th Jun 19, 7:10 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I've just been watching the mogs venturing further outdoors. They look very settled into their new patch.

If that's your bungalow it looks really nice and in a lovely green area.

It's never pleasant to adjust to a med increase but hopefully it will help you . It's really hot here at the moment so make sure you drink plenty of water and cold drinks .

Belated thanks to Elsian for the pic of Gitdog camping. He does love his home comforts. I'm wondering if he still has a thing about beanbags. I remember you mending them after he'd wrecked them.

Look after you Melly I hope you feel better soon.
    pollyx
    • elsien
    • By elsien 20th Jun 19, 7:53 PM
    • 19,392 Posts
    • 49,206 Thanks
    elsien
    Gp upped my dose of fluxetine
    Tired
    Feel sick
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Is that one of the side effects? I can remember seroxat making me feel nauseous to start with then it wore off after a couple of weeks.
    Is your work schedule any better now?

Polly - Gitdog started off in a crate in the porch bit but I couldn't put up with his complaining that he was cold - and more to the point my camping neighbours weren't overly impressed either.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 21st Jun 19, 12:09 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    I have been struggling for the last couple of weeks so my attendance has been patchy.

Hopefully the side effects won't last long, OH reminded me that I couldn't go up before as I struggled.

Cats and dogs love it Pol, is quite green.
    Had an old neighbour pop round today, was lovely
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Jun 19, 8:26 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I've watched youngest struggle with med increases but mostly it's been worthwhile once the body adjusts. I hope things settle soon.

You sound so happy where you are now . It's lovely to hear an old neighbour popped round to see you. Best thing you ever did and well worth the effort.
    pollyx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 21st Jun 19, 11:02 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    He thought the running of adrenaline I have been doing probably masked the fact the dose was too low.

It was, it did nearly finish me off I think and I am concerned that I may have wrecked my job by basically falling apart but OH is interacting with people.

I have new friends, the grand children of a neighbour were playing with me and the dogs in the garden this afternoon
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Jun 19, 11:41 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Running on adrenaline does take it's toll Melly. Concentrate on the good things , new friends and old , your husband interacting and a better life for you all.

Sleep tight love
    pollyx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 24th Jun 19, 8:45 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2mwe3wo.jpg

As you can see
    Cats are happy lol
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 24th Jun 19, 8:55 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    The bin king! Are you feeling any better Melly? I don't know if you're back at work or not . If you're still off work try not to worry.As long as you stay in touch and send in the fit notes I would think things will be ok. You were ill with the migraines and tias and under a lot of stress too with the move so not the end of the world - just life.
    pollyx
    • elsien
    • By elsien 24th Jun 19, 9:04 PM
    • 19,392 Posts
    • 49,206 Thanks
    elsien
    That cat is definitely smiling.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 25th Jun 19, 12:28 AM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    I'm not back, doc signed me off for a month cos he thinks I need to rest and let the fluxetine kick in.

I didn't tell you all before, I have been having some problems with someone at work. Shifts being changed last minute, told I would be better off getting rid of my animals cos I would have more time.
    Told i baby OH and should just let him get on with it.
    Changing how things re done
    Expected to do all the cleaning of the office
    Etc.

I have raised it a lot with the bosses, problem is how close the person is to the ceo.......
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 27th Jun 19, 10:13 AM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    K
    Gotta interview do I go and potentially leave current job
    Or
    Try and fix current job for the first time in my life
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 27th Jun 19, 10:20 AM
    • 1,316 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Archergirl
    No harm in going to the interview, you may or may not get the job. Even if you do get offered it you can still decline it. (If you give in your notice, they may try to keep you where you are) Just don't rush into anything, How do you manage to attract such !!!!***es?lol
    Some people just like to make others unhappy
    I am glad that you are happy in your new home, don't let this upset you xx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 27th Jun 19, 10:34 AM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    I don't know lol

Just lucky I guess.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 27th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    If you feel the job would be a good fit for you it's worth having an interview to see how you feel.
    I remember you mentioning that woman at the beginning of May. She sounds downright toxic . Your husband , pets and your life is none of her business.

I got the feeling she may be a recent employee so no idea where her attitude is coming from . Unless she's in the position to hire and fire it would be easier to ignore her. However if your raising the issue with management isn't working her connection to the CEO is probably a factor.

You're working hard to improve your physical and mental health now your husband is making progress and your lives are happier and much more settled . I think it's worth seeing what the job entails . You don't need toxic in your life .

Meanwhile are Pickles and Smiler still an item or has Kevin seen him off?
    pollyx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 27th Jun 19, 5:59 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    I shall get some pics uploaded

It started in Jan Pol, I just couldn't stand it any more once the move happened
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 27th Jun 19, 7:24 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    That's a long time to put up with her no wonder you've been so low . Your decision if you want to try for the other job and see how things go. I can never understand how people can be so nasty. Years ago a "friend" told me I'd be better putting youngest away somewhere and getting on with my life! I walked away and never spoke to her again. I swear some people are on another planet.
    pollyx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 28th Jun 19, 1:57 PM
    • 6,074 Posts
    • 14,126 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Guess who hasn't been paid
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 28th Jun 19, 2:28 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I'm not at home at the moment so a quick post. Assuming you have a contract have you checked your paid sick leave allowance to see if you are within the period agreed?

I don't know if it's a case it hasn't gone into the bank or work has told you no pay is due now so unable to advise until the situation is clearer. I'll catch up later . Try not to worry love.
    pollyx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,048Posts Today

6,445Users online

Martin's Twitter