Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,703Posts
    • 80,774Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 16
    • Dorothy60
    • By Dorothy60 17th Jun 19, 11:55 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Dorothy60
    VERY VERY VERY WELL SAID LL

I also am looking to lose and stabilize my weight more for health reasons than vanity, however I do look much better. When I used to moan about my weight, last year when I was at my heaviest ever, my adult kids used to say, 'Well, you're nearly 60 - you can't expect to be the same weight as you were at 30' No, maybe not, but what's the alternative - I was a size 16 - am I going to be a size 20 when I am 70? Don't think so.

Your recipes are so helpful to me, keep posting them please, and ideas for healthy wholesome food. I am a reasonable cook but don't have a clue about spices (I love the idea of port rather than red wine though - this is deffo on my shopping list)

My palate is changing - slowly, but I only seldom crave chocolate these days
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 17th Jun 19, 11:59 AM
    • 3,136 Posts
    • 22,180 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I had a toastie for breakfast and I just had an avocado salad with a lemon dressing for lunch.

I'm drinking three cups of green tea a day as it is meant to help with weightloss and it is also very good for your body as it contains lots of antioxidants.

It's actually quite warm here today!

I have my hygienist tomorrow and then we are going out on Wednesday to see a film. We will probably have pizza in a restaurant so I will have to be careful with what else I eat that day.

No wonder I became an emotional eater.

How often do we hear people say something along the lines of....

"I had a bad day so I binge watched TV with pizza, wine, chocolate, biscuits and a whole bag of Doritos.......I deserved it after the day I had"

really?? Is that all our bodies and minds are worth.....junk Tv and junk food. Surely we are worth more than that. No wonder we feel bad when we do it......we are treating ourselves with contempt and a complete lack of respect.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    I definitely comfort eat. When I was ill and my husband had cancer it was the one thing that cheered me up during the day.

I still do love my food, I'm just trying to eat better things, (a lot) fewer takeaways and more cooking.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 17th Jun 19, 1:15 PM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Just having a break....managed to mow the lawn, it desperately needed it. Having a cuppa then will go and tackle a few weeds.

Wednesday....I know what you mean, when my husband was sick food was the only thing that kept me going. And, oh the hours spent watching daytime TV with him in the nursing home, just keeping him company and trying to keep him amused and entertained.

Tbh it's a wonder I didn't end up even fatter than I did.

Dorothy I got to the stage when even a size 18 was getting tight.. That was my moment......

Re the banana pancakes. My recipe is dead simple. For one person, 1 banana to 1 egg. Mash up banana, add beaten egg, then whisk up to a batter consistency. Dead easy.

Since quitting "white carbs" such as pasta, white bread, potatoes my palate has changed and I no longer have sugar cravings. I do still indulge in a bit of good quality dark chocolate......it's good for you.

B1. Two speculoos biscuits.......4 Pts but my all time favourites so I nibbled them slowly and savoured every crumb instead of devouring half a packet like I used to.

B2. Ham and cheese omelette. 2 Pts
    L. A quick snack whilst gardening, so just raspberries and yoghurt 0 Pts

D. Chicken stir fry, loads of vegetables, no noodles or rice so just 0pts.

That leaves me plenty for a nice treat for supper. Cheese on toast, Another of my all time favourites.

As you might have guessed I am a bit of a foodie. I definitely enjoy my grub but I've learned the genteel art of balance and restraint.

I have gone from two large croissants, lashings of butter and jam every day for breakfast, followed by a mid morning snack of a Danish pastry, then a lunch of anything I could grab on the run and then dinner which was usually something quick I could just sling in the oven. Then in the evening I would be exhausted, starving and of course thoroughly miserable and unhappy because my husband was terminally ill. So out came the wine, the nibbles, the cheese and biscuits, the chocolate, you name it. It's a wonder I didn't follow him to my own grave. I was lucky in that I only hit 13st 12lb. It could have been much worse.

I'm not proud of what happened but I'm not going to beat myself up either. It happened and I've moved forward, embracing a healthier lifestyle and finally treating myself with as much TLC as I lavished on my husband.

I know this might sound selfish but it's my turn now. I have my kids and they are great and I know they love me to bits but it's not their responsibility to take care of me.....that's my job.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 17-06-2019 at 1:19 PM.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 17th Jun 19, 2:34 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,579 Thanks
    candygirl
    Brilliants posts always LL .Not sure why but the first one put tears in my eyes
    I got weighed last week, n had STS, but just weighed myself n 2lbs off, so a total of 35lbs since 9th April I could be more strict, but am adding in little treats to keep me going.We went
    to the veggie Indian place, again on Sat, n I had masala dosa again.omg it's to die for Counted it n used my weeklies on it
    Think i'm having an mushroom omelette n salad for tea
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 17th Jun 19, 6:18 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Thank you LL. I am definitely ready, I have had a really good look at my eatin habits this weekend. You are right in all you said, I am a dreadful emotional eater andas I am not a big drinker food is always what I turn to when feeling low. Although bizarrely this weekend I actually drank some cider. But didn't automatically reach for the snacks! Massive breakthrough for me. Yes I maybe shouldnt have drank, but we are not big drinkers at all, first lot of alcohol in the house since jan!

Most of my issues stem from my mum being morbidly obese. She has been all my life. She is 71, in shocking health and I am resigned to the fact that I don't think she will reach 80. It saddens me, but also makes both me and my sister very very twitchy about our own weight. We see where it can lead.

Anyway I think I am feeling good this week. I am 13st 6, and my goal is 10st 7. I am in for a long ride, I am a very streaky loser which never helps, 4Ib off followed by three weeks of sts.

Looking forward I have a day out in London on Saturday with my daughter. I will point a five guys burger and save some weeklies. The following week we have to travel north for a funeral (husbands grandmother, not a shock at all) so will be staying at a premier inn and will have to have tea out, breakfast and a buffet. Will make sensible choices.

This weekend I totally over did the carbs, and I felt awful for hours afterwards. Today I have used all my dailies and have not felt hungry at all. Coming in after the school run was still a struggle, it's my tired point. Ended up having a coffee, go ahead bar and a banana then forcing myself to mow the lawns. Felt better for it.

Anyway sorry for the essay, I am definitely ready, will be on here most days to try to keep myself on track.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 17th Jun 19, 8:12 PM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Drawingaline.....no need to apologise for your "essay" it was a lovely chatty post. And well done on thinking about how you will handle forthcoming outings and events. I think it helps to have some ideas of how you will handle eating out. I think it really helps To feel positive and in control.

Sorry to hear about your mum. That is so sad but at least your sister and yourself have the opportunity to make the necessary changes so that you will be healthier.

It was similar with my mum.......her unhealthy choices led to uncontrolled diabetes which caused a series of strokes, leading to disability and pain. It was heartbreaking to see the state she was in but it has made me determined not to follow a similar path.

All we can do is learn from their mistakes and resolve to do better, for ourselves and for our children. I want to set a good example to my kids as well being as healthy and as long lived as possible. And yes, I'm vain enough to want to look good too.

I'm determined to be a glamourous granny......I have a slight resemblance to Helen Mirren (well.....on a good day). My family joke that I could give her a run for her money, lol.

Not sure about that....ha ha, but I must admit that I am enjoying the compliments I am now starting to receive on my new and improved body.

Candy....wow 35lbs already. Go you.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 18th Jun 19, 6:53 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning.

Well despite my struggles this week I have managed to lose 1/2 lbs. that will do me.

Not decided on today’s menu yet. Need to check the fridge contents and see what needs using up.
    • hollowhead
    • By hollowhead 18th Jun 19, 8:38 AM
    • 453 Posts
    • 1,727 Thanks
    hollowhead
    Iíve been a bit absent recently as I lost the plot.

Went on holiday and put on 4 which isnít too bad for me!

Been back 10 days but only now decided to kick my butt !

Well done to all the losers
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 18th Jun 19, 6:35 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    So today I still have 7 points left this neer happens. Its because I had an egg salad for tea, so free except for 3p on mayo. I may carry a few across as I am out in London on sat, but going to have a biscuit and a coffee I think
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 18th Jun 19, 9:32 PM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Drawingaline.......well done. Great planning.

My meals were a bit haphazard today because the plumber was here so have gone over my points. Never mind I will deduct them from my new weekly allowance and then try and claw back a bit over the next few days,

Going to do a freezer and cupboard inventory tomorrow before I do my next food shop. Hopefully I will only really need f&v.

Spent a happy few hours gardening today - nice gentle exercise.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 18-06-2019 at 9:35 PM.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 18th Jun 19, 10:07 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,579 Thanks
    candygirl
    I've just made a massive lentil daahl, n chucked a few extra veggies in.Have just eaten a bowl , n feel really drowsy. Let's hoping I finally sleep tonight, cos have been awake till 5am recently
    For me, roasted chick peas are my saving grace.I get 12 tins for £2.50 from Morribobs
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 19th Jun 19, 5:37 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    I wish I liked chick peas a bit more. I can manage them now and again but only under sufferance. I have had a tin in the cupboard for weeks.

Going to have a bit of a cooking day. I have some bananas which are ripening too quickly.

I was reading on the WW app that you can make pancakes in advance and reheat them. You can even freeze them......so I think I will make a couple of batches today, some for today, some for tomorrow and some for the freezer.

Pancakes make a great zero point breakfast but I find I don't often have time to do them, so it would be great if I can make some in advance and I can use up the bananas before they go off.

I think I will make a shepherdless pie, some to eat today and some to freeze. I use butterbean mash instead of potatoes so it makes it a zero point meal.

So today's menu .....

B1 yogurt and raspberries Opts
    B2. Banana pancakes Opts
    L. Haddock fishcake and salad. 6pts
    D. Sheperdless pie, brocolli, sweet corn and peas Opts

I have also got a mango which needs to be eaten today.

That will use up the last of the fresh fruit and veg ready for a food shop tomorrow.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 19-06-2019 at 5:40 AM.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 19th Jun 19, 8:36 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Ended up with one point over yesterday and two today! Very impressed. Off to the hospital tomorrow so may use some weeklies on a nice coffee to help with the pain of the waiting around

Feeling very focused and hoping to get through the weekend without going mad.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 20th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Drawingaline.,,,well done on saving some points....it will help towards the next time you need to go over your allowance. I managed to roll over 3 yesterday.

I really love the WW plan, it's so flexible and nothing is banned as long as you track it and point it. If you fancy a couple of biscuits or some chocolate you can just point it. And if you make use of the zero heroes you need never feel hungry.

I have decided not to cancel my membership, it works out at less than £5 a week. I think I will keep it going for another couple of months until I get nearer to goal.

Does it become free if you reach goal. I'll need to find out.

Not sure of today's menu yet.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Jun 19, 8:36 AM
    • 8,210 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Any ideas of what to have when finishing work at 8:30pm. Live alone and got no room to do batch cooking. Max 8sp
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 20th Jun 19, 9:07 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hi Scarlett.

I guess it Depends on what kind of foods you like and how ravenous you are when you get in, how quickly you need to eat.

I think most chicken, fish or egg based dishes can be both low in points and cooked quite quickly.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 20th Jun 19, 12:03 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    LL yes free at goal. You need to stay within 5lbs either side of goal weight then you pay.

Had a Costa coffee at the hospital, 8 points! Not worth that, glad I know now, won't do it again.

And the appointment was on time lol!

Just had lunch, off to a sports day, think I may get wet......

Wont be under my points today, have a ready meal (Thursdays are pizza day in our house and I normally have no time to cook) which is 10p.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Jun 19, 3:24 PM
    • 8,210 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    WW don't do a listing for restaurant chain Pho. I had rice paper rolls with prawns, veg and vermicelli noodles. Followed by spicy chicken pho with rice ribbon noodles. Any ideas of SP value?
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 21st Jun 19, 6:33 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Sorry no idea.

Good morning everyone.

Well yesterday I blew my diet out of the water, with a salted caramel chocolate milkshake and cream confection.....yummy. Then dinner was a readymeal of paella. Lol.

No idea how many points. I'm just going to assume that's all my weeklies used up. Although I did walk quite a bit yesterday so hopefully not too much damage.

Today it's back on plan.

The weather looks pretty good too so hopefully a bit of walking this weekend. Need to really start exercising more.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 22nd Jun 19, 7:17 AM
    • 11,703 Posts
    • 80,774 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning.....

You're all very quiet.....

STS. today. Bit disappointing but given that I have been off piste quite a bit this last couple of weeks I think I'm probably lucky not to have regained.

Anyhoo.....will just keep on keeping on.

Persistence Pays Off. .
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 22-06-2019 at 8:21 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

1,914Users online

Martin's Twitter