Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ToxicWomble
    • By ToxicWomble 22nd May 19, 6:58 AM
    • 45Posts
    • 66Thanks
    ToxicWomble
    Why is it always....
    • 22nd May 19, 6:58 AM
    Why is it always.... 22nd May 19 at 6:58 AM
    Someone else’s fault/problem

More and more I see this.

“I bought this and now can’t afford that”
    “ I did this and now can’t afford that”
    “ I was late and got a ticket, but it’s not my fault”
    “ I was going too fast and got caught,but it’s not my fault”

etc etc etc

Why can’t people nowadays just take and accept responsibility for their own actions instead of immediately blaming someone/something else and looking at ways to get out of it

Page 2
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 27th May 19, 5:16 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 3,319 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    I forsee a day where people are too afraid to interact in any way with others for fear of being "attacked" for something they said or did.
    Originally posted by JamoLew
    You need to read Ben Elton too!!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • ToxicWomble
    • By ToxicWomble 27th May 19, 6:22 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    ToxicWomble
    Some really interesting responses so far, thanks all.
    Glad I am not alone
    Some good suggestions for reading material as well thanks
    • Pennywise
    • By Pennywise 27th May 19, 6:48 PM
    • 11,665 Posts
    • 22,535 Thanks
    Pennywise
    People aren't taught enough about "cause and effect" and "actions have consequences". Youngsters get away with small things, so when they are out in the real world, they think they can just make big things go away too. What we need is a lot more "tough love" at younger ages so people learn when the consequences aren't quite so great and take more care in later years when the consequences are a lot more serious.

I also think that there's a lot more casual dishonesty these days. People think they can get away with lies to get them out of a sticky situation and then take offence when those lies come back to haunt them. In other cultures, you abided by laws and honesty because it was the done thing - nowadays, there's a tendency to ignore laws that you think you'll get away with. We seem to have a distorted moral compass.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,173Posts Today

7,522Users online

Martin's Twitter