Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Benight wrote: »
    The advance notice must specify the exact amount, date (and frequency where appropriate) of any collection to be made in the future.

With any other organisations I have direct debits set up they do just that.
  • Treewood
    Treewood Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I see on trustpilot there is a comment about direct debits being taken early. The stated date on my bill is 21st May - they took it on 14th. Not acceptable!
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Treewood wrote: »
    I see on trustpilot there is a comment about direct debits being taken early. The stated date on my bill is 21st May - they took it on 14th. Not acceptable!

My bill said 'due by 18th May but if you are set up for a DD this will be automated' which I took to mean on the monthly DD date rather than on the bill. I was led to believe the bill date was only if you weren't paying by DD.

They will probably take it on the 14th now every month for you as per the posts above about the T&Cs re: paying in advance.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Treewood
    Forumite
    Well this is a week earlier than my previous direct debits. But looking at it more carefully the only dates I have specified in my bills are the due dates - no other dates for the direct debits are mentioned. Note: I am expecting to pay a variable rate (depending upon consumption), paid for following receipt of bills.

You quite rightly point out the letter regarding change of terms and conditions, which does indeed mention a direct debit payment in mid May. However one has 21 working days (do they really mean "working days") before they can assume one accepts those terms. I am moving to another supplier - so I do not accept those terms.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Treewood wrote: »
    I am moving to another supplier - so I do not accept those terms.
    Have you found a cheaper supplier or is there another reason for your move?
  • Treewood
    Forumite
    Yes - Yorkshire Energy is marginally cheaper than my "February 19 v2" deal. I accept that Symbio have subsequently brought out other deals which are cheaper still - however I understand they will not let you change your deal.

But my main reason is to leave the ship before it sinks and confused and changing contract terms, so soon after having an agreement does not inspire confidence.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    @Treewood - Welcome to Yorkshire Energy - I joined them on the 24th May from Powershop.

I did consider Symbio but after having carried out some research on the company and directors, I decided to give them a miss.

Your concerns seem with to align my worries about the company.

I suspect you will not be the last person to decide to get out.

Good luck with your switch to YE. :)
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm staying put for now. 3rd June my next direct debit due out. I expect it to be taken then and not before. This was communicated to myself in the revised terms and conditions email
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fewkeste wrote: »
    @Treewood -
    I did consider Symbio but after having carried out some research on the company and directors, I decided to give them a miss.

ck with your switch to YE. :)

I'm not planning to invest my life savings in this company. The downside is minimal and I am staying put. They have made a few mistakes with my account but they were soon rectified and even gave me a goodwill payment.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm with you mable. Mimimal risk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business