Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barnaclebill
    • By barnaclebill 13th Feb 18, 1:57 PM
    • 252Posts
    • 132Thanks
    barnaclebill
    Car insurance renewal
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:57 PM
    Car insurance renewal 13th Feb 18 at 1:57 PM
    Just had my renewal quote from Aviva, started using them two years ago when they were 200 cheaper than comparison sites, last year they only increased by 50 so I renewed, this year the increase is 120 but I did have a no fault accident last year but they are still 125 cheaper than the comparison sites.
    So much for having to change every year to get the best price
Page 1
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 13th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Reardoa
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    Car insurance is going up at the moment. You will have had a couple of IPT increases since your last renewal plus due to Ogden premiums are on the rise. Its still always worth checking round to make sure you are getting the best deal.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 26,936 Posts
    • 10,845 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    I was expecting to pay more this year, but it actually went down.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • bigisi
    • By bigisi 14th Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    bigisi
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    So much for having to change every year to get the best price
    Originally posted by barnaclebill
    Nobody says you have to change every year, we are advised to shop around. Big difference and may sometimes mean your existing insurer is the cheapest. I'm into my second year with Direct Line as they were the cheapest on renewal after doing all the comparisons. I spent four years with my motorbike insurer because they were consistently cheaper with their price match offer every year.
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 14th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    I've been with same insurer for 2 cars for the last 3 or 4 years.
    Every year I do a quick check on the comparison sites and if I get a cheaper price I let my current insurer know and they match it.
    They have always been there or thereabouts.
    • AstroTurtle
    • By AstroTurtle 14th Feb 18, 5:25 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    AstroTurtle
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:25 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:25 PM
    Some you win, some you lose.

Congratulations on a win!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin