Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 6,423Posts
    • 23,795Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)
    • 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2) 29th Jan 18 at 7:31 PM
    Hi, for those following my previous diary ď Back, still in debt, probably depressed and not a lot going right Ē, Iím not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared overnight. Iíve reported it but read a lot of threads are disappearing.

So if youíre new to my diary.... hello!! If you read my previous diary welcome back and thank you for trying to find me.

So today, I was telling my boss about my health. I thought he was going to cry and he asked me to send him an email confirming what I told him.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Page 3
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 4th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Just told OH to go take a run and jump. Did the shopping at ALDI as usual (was feeling very pleased with myself as I got the weeks shop for £54), and got a nice roast, steak, pies, veggies etc and OH has just moaned that its all c@&p! That we would spend less on takeaways (once a week) if I bought decent branded food. I nearly threw the tin of beans I had in my hand at his head. Told him if he didnt want to eat it then fine starve, but he certainly seemed to like the porridge, fruit, bagels, lasagne etc etc we had last week. 10 minutes later I made bacon rolls and he said they were superb, told him he needs to watch what he says in front of LO or we will go through a battle like we had with SS (he moved out 2 years ago now and he went through a phase that he expected to be fed but nothing was good enough and he had put stuff in the bin that was perfectly good. He says now that was his Dads doing that he should have been leading by example and always asking me for recipes etc). He seems to forget who pays all the bills and yes I lent him the money, told him no more it doesnt grow on trees and his total he owes me is horrendous.
    Sorry just feeling a bit tired and upset. My throat is sore and trying not to think the worst, just wish theyd hurry up and give me an appointment.

Saved 35p on bags by being prepared.
    Last edited by Uniscots97; 04-02-2018 at 2:13 PM.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 55,051 Posts
    • 219,891 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry that today is not a good day.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 5th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Morning All, how is everyone?

Thanks Beanielou, feeling a bit better today. OH kept moaning last night about washing not put away and that he!!!8217;s got no storage, he!!!8217;s got double what I and LO have, and that he couldn!!!8217;t get into his wardrobe as there was a bag in front of it! Yet he couldn!!!8217;t move it to one side! Got some Christmas money for LO to get a dress/outfit which I may go get later.
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 5th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Sounds like you have two children.......
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 5th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    I think I have. Got my date for hospital through, March
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 6th Feb 18, 12:54 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    I have 2 more 5p!!!8217;s to add to my total. Nervous about the hospital appointment
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 6th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    Mnd
    He sounds a right pain, how is he getting on with doing the house up (from your first thread)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 55,051 Posts
    • 219,891 Thanks
    beanielou
    Natural to be nervous about your hospital appointment.
    TRy not to worry too much.
    EAsy for me to say I know.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 7th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Mnd the house still needs stuff done before I can sell it. It feels like I!!!8217;m spending money like water trying to pay 2 lots of bills. He keeps saying he!!!8217;ll do stuff then makes excuses or blames me for having !!!8216;stuff!!!8217; (he actually has more than me).
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 7th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Hi, Uniscot, is any of the work on the house stuff you can do? I know it will be tough with everything else and the LO, but you will at least be making a start on it, and you never know - Somebody might actually be shamed into doing something!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 7th Feb 18, 4:49 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    Mnd
    I've retired now so when I've finished my wife's list of jobs I will get the train up and help you with the jobs!
    You will have a long wait though, stuff gets added to my list every day.
    Seriously, good luck to you, you deserve some
    • Jox
    • By Jox 7th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 2,780 Thanks
    Jox
    Just had a quick read and wanted to let you know that I have a lump at the side of neck which is a cyst and one at the front of my throat which is a cyst on my thyroid, neither are ideal but they aren't life threatening and I hope yours is nothing to worry about too. Sorry about the moany husband (I have one too ) Good luck with everything.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 8th Feb 18, 6:19 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Just had a quick read and wanted to let you know that I have a lump at the side of neck which is a cyst and one at the front of my throat which is a cyst on my thyroid, neither are ideal but they aren't life threatening and I hope yours is nothing to worry about too. Sorry about the moany husband (I have one too ) Good luck with everything.
    Originally posted by Jox
    Thank you for replying, itís the waiting to find out thatís awful. Itís LOís birthday next weekend and Iím trying not to let health worries ruin it.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    • 55,051 Posts
    • 219,891 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thank you for replying, itís the waiting to find out thatís awful. Itís LOís birthday next weekend and Iím trying not to let health worries ruin it.
    Originally posted by Uniscots97
    I know it must be hard.
    When I was waiting for the results of my MRI scan I was a wreck.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 8th Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    How is everyone today? Not very money saving today I forgot my packed lunch so bought a chicken salad. Healthy? Yes, but not exactly cheap. Im trying to up my vitamins/minerals naturally as dentist said I could be low on calcium which is making my teeth brittle.

Ive been signed off my review at work, boss pleased with last lot of work. You could have knocked me down with a feather when he told me. I am pleased thats all over with. Yes got some challenges at work but proved last few days that we (the team I work in) are up for a challenge and can work really well together.

Making HM pizzas for our dinner so I will post more money stuff later (or pizzas will burn!).
    Last edited by Uniscots97; 08-02-2018 at 7:51 PM.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Feb 18, 9:27 PM
    • 55,051 Posts
    • 219,891 Thanks
    beanielou
    Enjoy your pizza!

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 9th Feb 18, 6:12 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Pizzas were lovely! Meant to post last night but ended up doing lots of little chores and then fell into bed. Get paid end of next week so money could be a little tight till then but not impossible if I am careful
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 32,045 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Great news about the review

Pizza sounds good, I keep meaning to practice making GF ones, but as the T&sco gf ones are fairly good when loaded with lots of yummy extras it has not made the top of the list yet

Have a good day.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 10th Feb 18, 10:12 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,795 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Im pleased about the review. Was up early expecting to go get my hair cut but hairdresser has cancelled as she had a night out last night and is not home and feeling hungover!!

My throats a bit puffy this morning, just want my hospital appointment to hurry up.

It was a lady from works' leaving do last night. I really should have shown up even if only for one soft drink but I really have to watch the pennies. Especially as its LOs birthday soon. I could have done without OH borrowing money off me this month, but everything is paid this month (bills for 2 houses), factors bill, dentist and LOs presents. Just need wrapping paper, ingredients for a cake and candles.

Im still trying to reuse bags where I can and made a large pot of chilli this morning for dinner (well its 4 nights dinners so I'll portion it up and freeze the rest
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Feb 18, 2:38 PM
    • 55,051 Posts
    • 219,891 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a good weekend

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,133Posts Today

6,162Users online

Martin's Twitter