Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 16th Sep 16, 3:46 PM
    • 4,276Posts
    • 8,844Thanks
    TallGirl
    The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor
    • 16th Sep 16, 3:46 PM
    The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor 16th Sep 16 at 3:46 PM
    Dear all
    I've been around a long time on this MFW for a long time and I love it. Keeps me on track and helped me pay off my mortgage 9 years early. I'm on the verge on starting something new so I thought I would start a new diary and focus it more on money saving and less on personal stuff. My life was quite steady and stable until April 2015 when I left my husband and took a one year job in London all made easier and more ore possible because I was mortgage free.

My job ended in July 2016 and I had hoped to stay within the organisation in a new job but I didn't get it and they didn't recruit anyone else. I am a great believer in that things will happen for the right reason and good things come to good people. Whilst on holiday and on my birthday I was told my ex had died and as we were still married I now owned the whole house plus his pensions and share in the small family business.

I applied for a new job whilst on holiday and I start that Monday its 28 hours a week with Friday's off and it's obviously on less month than my previous full time one.

I have been busy in the last two months sorting the house out so I can rent I out from October which will give me an income as well.

I have been trying to get his affairs in order so I can apply for probate and I'm getting there. So good folks if you want to read about the following kinds of topics then please feel free to read and or comment:
    • How to be an accidental landlord
    • How to go about getting probate and IHT sorted
    • How to invest an inheritance
    • How to keep accounts as a landlord
    • How to save money on everyday things whilst living in London

There will be more and I often stray into personal totally unrelated money stuff so just gloss over that if you find it boring.

So here we are start of something new so a quick update on where we are with the above topics.

1. Property should be ready after 27/9 as carpets going down then. Estate agent doesn't want to market it before it's completely ready. Once painter is done need to arrange final clean and my old cleaner to hang curtains.

2. My accountant friend has suggested the valuation of the family business is ok to use and my new IFA confirmed the two pensions are outside inheritance tax so I should be able to more forward on this very soon.

3. Meeting the IFA 30/9 potential inheritance will be around 190k will need to pay funeral expenses but want to invest most of it.

4. I need to read up on how to keep accounts as a landlord not sure I need an accountant but as I'm now a part business owner I might have too. Will definitely register with Inland Revenue but as house isn't rent out yet nothing has changed.

5. Finally I love saving money from getting the best deal to using coupons and tokens. I'm very good but can also be very bad. It's expensive to live in London but I'm a property guardian so my rent is so so cheap so I should really save lots of money. I promise I'll do a budget once I get my new wages, I would rather live on this than have to use my income from my property but might be difficult .

Ok I will end there and try and keep on the straight and narrow in terms of sticking with money saving stuff.
    Last edited by TallGirl; 17-06-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Page 23
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 13th Feb 18, 8:05 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    It is freezing indeed but today has been a fab day actually. Sorted my stats out which had a very short deadline and got praise from the boss so really good. My team are mostly on leave so quiet in the office which helps.

Got off the train decided to go to next bus stop as a while until bus they were handing out Timeout but this time you got s bag with a full size tub of the new magnum with the chocolate cover you crack. Never been given such a nice freebie sadly cannot eat it don!!!8217;t want to ruin the diet and we have been off sugar so long it really spikes if I eat it now. Still it!!!8217;s in the freezer.

Got home did 12 min abs together in the front room as per PT sheet given at camp felt good and will do again maybe even after run or a bit longer next time. Free no gym.

Bath done, lunch prepped for tomorrow and snack and dinner sorted so quick to cook when we get in. Chilling on the bed dg in the bath. She!!!8217;s got an interview for a job really near my work with a firm we work with now that would be nice.

In money news chased RateSetter for my 100 bonus which is due now and claimed the 100 refer a friend from nationwide as my switch has been done. Dg gets 100 too which is nice should pay out soon must log into nationwide so I can see my account.

That!!!8217;s it I think
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 15th Feb 18, 8:44 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    No running today or yesterday needed break I think will do tomorrow. Dg had job interview near me it was really short but they liked her, we would be working a mile from each other. It!!!8217;s the area of law she wants to get out of kind of but it!!!8217;s more money and they do do other things so a major interest I got now. The job she went for at the end of November still hasn!!!8217;t come back to her as they were interviewing more people but now the agent has gone quiet so rubbish when you have been for an interview. I think this one will suit her better as I kind of know them through work plus it would actually help me.

Bought two mats to do gym work on 28 and some salad stuff so we could have a wrap tonight and one for lunch tomorrow. I!!!8217;ve got my hair cut tomorrow and then it!!!8217;s definitely run time. Chilling out before bed maybe some telly in a bit.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 16th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Weekend is here had my hair cut 57 and that was with 25% off but I like it and it!!!8217;s worth it. No highlights needed at the moment.

Dg has already got a previsional job offer from the interview yesterday. I!!!8217;m pleased but it!!!8217;s only 1K more than she!!!8217;s on now and we don!!!8217;t have a lot of detail. I think she needs to negotiate more and think if she really wants it. Of course it would work well in my favour if she got it and we could do lunch together which would be fab actually. Let!!!8217;s see what happens if it!!!8217;s min holiday she needs more money for sure.

Went for a run when I got back and had healthy small dinner. We like cauliflower rice but it!!!8217;s a faff to make and cauliflower goes off quickly. Tried Iceland!!!8217;s frozen cauliflower rice they are great 50p a bag covers two of us so good for convenience.

Had hot chocolate and also ate a chocolate at the hair dressers plus two biscuits. Worst I!!!8217;ve been since bootcamp. Had to wear a belt today wish I hadn!!!8217;t put all my smaller trousers in the loft at my other house will be a while before I get them out.

Opened my next First Direct regular savers account 5% but of course not 300 a month but still good. So easy doing it online like it.

I must log into Nationwide and get that looked at should be fine but needs to chase estate agent that he!!!8217;s had my change of bank details.

Dg is on the phone to her mum I!!!8217;m really tired. Night night soon I think.
    • Tahlullah
    • By Tahlullah 17th Feb 18, 10:40 AM
    • 871 Posts
    • 4,876 Thanks
    Tahlullah
    Congratulations to DG on the job offer!!

Tx
    Striving to be mortgage free.
    2018 MFW #135

600 of 2000
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 18th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Thank you she!!!8217;s about to provisionally accept it If she can keep her holiday entitlement and get a bit more in wages. We shall see if they take it.

Lovely weekend Golf yesterday and today and played 18 which was so good my game is coming together I can play with the ladies again if only dg had a handicap.

Made bolognaise sauce boxed up so there is enough for lunch next day we still keep portions small but prefer hot lunches at the moment.

Pictures tomorrow so no running which isn!!!8217;t ideal but it!!!8217;s our third anniversary and we!!!8217;re seeing 50 shades it!!!8217;s a tradition obviously can!!!8217;t used two for one which is a pain but it!!!8217;s a one off and better to go on the actual day.

Going to sort my new Nationwide bank account out and open the regular saver needs to be done and shouldn!!!8217;t be too bad I hope got everything I think.

Dg made some smoothie really nice better than the Diet Pepsi she used to drink.
    • vandanfc
    • By vandanfc 18th Feb 18, 8:33 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 5,222 Thanks
    vandanfc
    Congrats. to DG on her job offer,I hope it all works out for her.
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 22nd Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 6,153 Posts
    • 29,606 Thanks
    bugslet
    Congrats to DG, I hope she can negotiate an improved package!
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 22nd Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Congrats to DG, I hope she can negotiate an improved package!
    Originally posted by bugslet
    Thanks she did negotiate it 1k higher but that was only 2k more than her current salery and she would loose 10 days leave which wasn't worth it. The real clincher was that they weren't really offering the private side she wanted it was all legal aid which is what she wants to leave so not a good jump. It has boosted her confidence to get the offer and she's a bit happier at her current job so now the grass isn't so much greener on the other side. The right job will be out there for her I know and she wasn't to set up self employed when were back down south.

Work is a bit strange at the moment I'm being asked to so stuff I know suits my skills and I enjoy doing but it'not my job. CEO still hasn't handed over the stuff I should be doing so a chat is needed. I enjoy the other stuff but it's what I did three years ago and won't help my cv to be honest.

Diet still going well exercise not so great should have run tonight but dg had hair cut and Monday we went to the pictures but did run Tues and will tomorrow as well.

Bath now then bed thank god it's Friday tomorrow.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 27th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Gosh time flies it's Tuesday but that is good two days work left before Gambia. Been going ok cold and travel a pain but ok. Had my one to one today and I'm going to get more of my project handed back to me which is a good thing if a little late.

I'm doing other stuff which is good and I can learn from those but it's things I've done before and only reason I'm doing them is because person who should be doing them are incompetent and had been since they joined ten years ago and never been challenged on this so crazy.

DG is starting to plan her self employment and we are now slowly starting to see a picture emerge of us back where I used to live. We need to move back to my house (which I love) but exDH bless is soul was found dead there so DG not too keen on staying there. I would like a bigger place but I love the location more when I say location I mean within the same four roads but it's perfect next door to the golf club and 20 min drive to main line station plus easy access to major motorways. So DG is happy to move back in for day 6 months then sell up and buy something slightly bigger spending approx 100k which I can do from my inheritance which means no mortgage and house stays mine not DG and mortgage free. She can live there for free which will help her new self employment. Her and I might then look to invest in buy to let so she gets on the property ladder herself. I don't have to worry about being employed when we make the move or if I want to I can go part time or even low paid. Suits me nicely actually. Play more golf for sure.

My business premises which I inherited which aren't really mine at the moment (can of worms if I did) would make the perfect base for DGs new business so all good potentially. Anyway nice dreams which can become a reality all very much because I am mortgage free for sure and also because I want my future back down south rather than super expensive London.

But for now my contract ends Aug 19 so nothing will happen before end of this year and DG has to persuade her employers to let her be a consultant instead of her wages. It is nice to have plans actually although you also have to live for the here and now.

Tomorrow I've got a work do to go to migth be quite late I just hope the trans stay ok today was a bit dodgy. Should really pack but cannot be asked don't actually need that much is a pure beach holiday.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 11th Mar 18, 7:50 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Had a fab time in Gambia lovely and hot with a slight breeze so not too hot and the sea refreshing to go in. Ate a lot of portion sizes moderate did drink a lot of beer but didn't get drunk once. Spent 500 from the joint kitty and 100 of my own money but I did have 3 1.5 hour massages and bought two made to measure kaftans so quite good as we were breakfast only.

Back home late Friday so Golf lesson yesterday and practiced today. My game is almost there dg not quite. I need to get back to playing with the ladies saw them all today they are so nice.

No exercise which is bad but running tomorrow and squats and also cutting food portions slightly. Lunch prepped for tomorrow and pretty much sorted the week out did Lidl and Asda shops yesterday.

Sorted my financial update out slightly early for the end of the quarter but seeing IFA Saturday so needs doing. Currently I hold 35% in cash incl premium bonds, 21% in stocks and shares incl ISA and 44% in pensions. Need to talk to him about plan to buy property with no mortgage once I sell mine.

My property made 10000 profit before tax so happy with that. Tenant emailed looks like I need a new sliding door as they took the barrel out but it's 25 years old so it's not a big loss. Annoying none the less.

Tenant wants to stay up to two years so that's good but I'll just go for one year but as my contract ends Aug 19 it's one and a half really. While we were away got a linked in message from dream job and job that was up 6 months ago was back but it closed friday so when I said I couldn't get CV back within 24 hours he lost interest. Wasn't meant to be again obviously wrong timing but they did have loads of jobs up.

Dread a little bit going into work but my team is so good and my ceo just run a lot of my job still so I'm sure it will all be fine.

We didn't celebrate Mother's Day as it's my mums birthday on the 3/3 but I spoke to her on her birthday and sent her flowers. She was quite snowed in so had to cancel her brunch. We're going over in April for the hotel stay. Hope everyone has had a nice Mother's Day and sorry to those who don't have a mother anymore. Seeing DGs mother on Friday but she's working that weekend so will be quite brief.
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 12th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    • 6,153 Posts
    • 29,606 Thanks
    bugslet
    Gosh time flies it's Tuesday but that is good two days work left before Gambia. Been going ok cold and travel a pain but ok. Had my one to one today and I'm going to get more of my project handed back to me which is a good thing if a little late.

I'm doing other stuff which is good and I can learn from those but it's things I've done before and only reason I'm doing them is because person who should be doing them are incompetent and had been since they joined ten years ago and never been challenged on this so crazy.

DG is starting to plan her self employment and we are now slowly starting to see a picture emerge of us back where I used to live. We need to move back to my house (which I love) but exDH bless is soul was found dead there so DG not too keen on staying there. I would like a bigger place but I love the location more when I say location I mean within the same four roads but it's perfect next door to the golf club and 20 min drive to main line station plus easy access to major motorways. So DG is happy to move back in for day 6 months then sell up and buy something slightly bigger spending approx 100k which I can do from my inheritance which means no mortgage and house stays mine not DG and mortgage free. She can live there for free which will help her new self employment. Her and I might then look to invest in buy to let so she gets on the property ladder herself. I don't have to worry about being employed when we make the move or if I want to I can go part time or even low paid. Suits me nicely actually. Play more golf for sure.

My business premises which I inherited which aren't really mine at the moment (can of worms if I did) would make the perfect base for DGs new business so all good potentially. Anyway nice dreams which can become a reality all very much because I am mortgage free for sure and also because I want my future back down south rather than super expensive London.

But for now my contract ends Aug 19 so nothing will happen before end of this year and DG has to persuade her employers to let her be a consultant instead of her wages. It is nice to have plans actually although you also have to live for the here and now.

Tomorrow I've got a work do to go to migth be quite late I just hope the trans stay ok today was a bit dodgy. Should really pack but cannot be asked don't actually need that much is a pure beach holiday.
    Originally posted by TallGirl
    A move back sounds good - and hopefully your garden hasn't suffered whilst you have been away. London is fun, but sooo expensive.

Really sounds as if things are coming together for you both and from experience, it makes sense to keep things in your name.

I hope DG gets the consulting gig, that would great for you both.

Had a fab time in Gambia lovely and hot with a slight breeze so not too hot and the sea refreshing to go in. Ate a lot of portion sizes moderate did drink a lot of beer but didn't get drunk once. Spent 500 from the joint kitty and 100 of my own money but I did have 3 1.5 hour massages and bought two made to measure kaftans so quite good as we were breakfast only.

Back home late Friday so Golf lesson yesterday and practiced today. My game is almost there dg not quite. I need to get back to playing with the ladies saw them all today they are so nice.

No exercise which is bad but running tomorrow and squats and also cutting food portions slightly. Lunch prepped for tomorrow and pretty much sorted the week out did Lidl and Asda shops yesterday.

Sorted my financial update out slightly early for the end of the quarter but seeing IFA Saturday so needs doing. Currently I hold 35% in cash incl premium bonds, 21% in stocks and shares incl ISA and 44% in pensions. Need to talk to him about plan to buy property with no mortgage once I sell mine.

My property made 10000 profit before tax so happy with that. Tenant emailed looks like I need a new sliding door as they took the barrel out but it's 25 years old so it's not a big loss. Annoying none the less.

Tenant wants to stay up to two years so that's good but I'll just go for one year but as my contract ends Aug 19 it's one and a half really. While we were away got a linked in message from dream job and job that was up 6 months ago was back but it closed friday so when I said I couldn't get CV back within 24 hours he lost interest. Wasn't meant to be again obviously wrong timing but they did have loads of jobs up.

Dread a little bit going into work but my team is so good and my ceo just run a lot of my job still so I'm sure it will all be fine.

We didn't celebrate Mother's Day as it's my mums birthday on the 3/3 but I spoke to her on her birthday and sent her flowers. She was quite snowed in so had to cancel her brunch. We're going over in April for the hotel stay. Hope everyone has had a nice Mother's Day and sorry to those who don't have a mother anymore. Seeing DGs mother on Friday but she's working that weekend so will be quite brief.
    Originally posted by TallGirl
    Holidays and diets do not go together! Well done though on managing so well. Bet you were glad to miss the worst of the snow.

Good luck with the IFA - it sounds a good spread, but that is what s/he is for, to give advice and move things round a bit if possible.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 13th Mar 18, 7:41 AM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Thanks Bugslet really appreciate your comments yes London is ok but I do miss home going down this weekend will be so nice but struggling to decide how many friends we want to catch up with maybe jut stay to Saturday not sure yet.

Did go for a run yesterday felt really good taken 11 weeks to get to week 7 of the podcast but I don't mind can now run for 25 min and sprint the last 1 min happy with that. Did run in Gambia once along the beach so so nice compared to a park in London.

Door will cost 900 quite a lot but that's just one quote I can get another one. Need to think about my next move with the agent they tried to fix it without letting me know so took the barrel out and I had the key all the time just seems an odd thing to do.

Going into work late today as I'm covering an outreach quite nice to have a lie in even if alarm off at normal time. Work ok if a tad busy due to one member being off sick.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 15th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Busy day today at work but good my team is finally coming together and I can see my role slightly more clearly if it's still muddled with ceo. One member is off sick hopefully she'll be back Monday she's amazing and I miss her input.

Dg with her mum down south we're all meeting tomorrow flat empty without her. Read the meters in debit with both but it's because we only set it up in Oct so all winter payments. Need to organise MOT don't need service and book flights.

Dg had a result on holiday we didn't have any hot water then someone else asked if we had problems so dg lodged it with the rep who fobbed us off basically. A notice then went up in reception that there was a problem and by Tuesday it was sorted so four days but really only two days. She did email company after rep fobbed us of its a small local company but anyway when we got home they followed up their inital reply with giving up 80 back 10 a day each for the inconvenience really nice bonus. Will travel with them again.

House issues carries on now leak with pump and my British Gas doesn't cover it. Local plumber who fitted pump is going out Monday tenant arranged it. Fingers crossed it's fine.

As for door saga wrote a complaint to agent got dg to put the solicitor spin on it and also saying I was thinking of leaving them if they didn't get any better. They are going to see if the previous company who basically they took over from will pay something towards it. Quite a good result I think but we shall see old agent was great but those people didn't come over to new company it's all a bit off really. Anyway will know next week hopefully.

Not going to bother tenant though no need.

Think I need my bed slightly later start tomorrow as I'm on a course and a bit of networking I want to keep my hand in this area as it's connected to dream job and it's a field I really enjoy so want to keep my skills up.

IFA on Saturday will do some updating after that and set new financial goals. Kind of lost my way replacing the 10k I wasted while I was off but recon I have saved about 5k since. No gambling for 7 months so pleased with that though.

Any way Night night all.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 18th Mar 18, 5:47 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Fab weekend and some very good MSE results Friday.

Email from agent previous agent will pay 600 towards the door which will be 1055 so good result as it's old and would have needed to be replaced at some point. Not going to claim on insurance as it would put premium up and also excess.

Got down south after a three hours drive but got off early as course finished at 3pm and it was really really good. Enjoyed the networking as well. One of the speakers was from dream job he's leaving in two weeks bet it was his job they were advertising.

Friday nice saw DGs mum briefly then we went to the pub and walked back to place we were staying and had take away kebabs. That's how all out Friday's were before we became a couple when we used to go out with ex friend. That night we had one bottle of wine in the pub, two large beers from off license and then one glass each of another bottle. In our hey days we had three bottles of wine in the pub, several double vodka and cokes before heading home via Asda to buy a bottle of vodka which would be drunk as well. How things have changed for the better. Still had kebab I know but didn't eat the pita break lol.

Saturday saw IFA really good everything is staying the same so will do a post on my goals for the next year basically save like hell so I can keep those repayments up as my savings dwindle. I am a dynamic profile so not scared of risk so he is certain I can do well with the investments. My pension has increased by 3.4% but stock market did crash a bit and I have obviously got the 20% from HMRC on top so done well.

He's not super keen on my P2P venture I think I'll rain it in a bit too much in RateSetter and their rates are quite low at 3% now.

After IFA saw DGs aunt then Makro to buy loo roll bulk and then off to Lidl so much easier than here less people. Got everything but had lunch in town so parked in Tesco and got the rest there. Now fully stocked up for sure.

Then went to friend who has my old cats. Only saw one he's not well but as I've just renewed the insurance they can now take him to the specialist vet I used to use so hopefully sort him out. Their dog had just had ligament operation but covered by insurance. Didn't see Thomas my sweetie pie he turned up 30min after we left. Shame but lovely to see human friends too obviously. He's being made redundant he thought they would keep him in a different role but thy didn't so he's got two weeks left. He's quite down but I've been there myself and he was ace with me so I'll do what I can to support him. He was in the same field as me but he's change slightly he's a manager too they always go first. Anyway hopefully stay in touch a bit more.

Saturday we then drove back it snowed a bit but nothing like it looked when we woke up wow a lot here for London.

Today not been outside other than to empty car off loo rolls but done lots of cooking. Koftas ready to cook in freezer, jelly for the week, red cabbage salad, boiled eggs for snacks, smoothie for dg, Bircher muslie for us both and prepped pomegranate for toppings. Cooked a butter nut for dinner tomorrow tonight it's koftas.

Done 18 min routine from bootcamp ondoors feel unfit so good to get back into it. Dg not well so hasn't run but I did manage two runs this week. My friend was doing C25K as well.

Going to cook the koftas then watch the Wonderwoman movie we started watching last night.

To Do:
    Ring pet insurance and change address
    Do some calculations and work out savings goal for this year. Post in diary re goals
    Book MOT
    Book flights to Denmark
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 19th Mar 18, 5:44 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 4,828 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    Hi Tall Girl,
    Thanks for looking at my diary. I've always enjoyed reading your diary, I'm glad to catch up
    Mortgage restart June 2018 119950
    zero personal cc
    6x166 for sofas ending November 2018
    2500 on DD1s car cc
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 19th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Thanks for popping in Moneyfordreams much appreciated

Just a quick post and sorry to bore you again but agent rang re dream job it's the same one they contact me about six months ago just as I had accepted this one. The person didn't fit in the team so that's why they are recruiting again. Well we spoke and he likes my CV and thinks I'll get an interview so I said yes put me forward. Job It pays 15K more so significant payrise but I'm not getting excited I like my current job and they may very well not interview me so it's put firmly to the back of my mind although if it happens it will be this week or next week.

Work super busy as team member still of sick and the other one on leave next week so I'll be holding the fort on my own with the two job sharers.

Door at old house is being fixed but none of my list has been done.
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 19th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 3,831 Posts
    • 4,046 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    Hi TG

Fingers crossed for the dream job.

I missed what happened to the door. Why was it partly the agent's fault?
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 20th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Hi TG

Fingers crossed for the dream job.

I missed what happened to the door. Why was it partly the agent's fault?
    Originally posted by SuzieSue
    Hiya SuzieSue the agent changed just as I was getting new tenants without telling me a new company with one of the same people suddenly took over no explanations. The prev tenant suffered a relationship breakdown and didn't pay rent on time so glad when he gave notice. Prev agent found current tenant but then new one took over and planned change over on the same day so even though I paid for an inventory it couldn't be done properly as he hadn't moved his stuff out and new tenant found leeks and the cooker not working something prev tenant never reported, anyway he didn't leave a key so I offered to send one to current tenant but it didnt arrive. I didn't know this so kept chasing if it was sorted and to cut a long story short the agent got someone in to try to change the lock but couldn't so the door became unusable even with the right key. Of course the never told me any of this until the tenant sent me a picture. She's really nice sorted a small leak out by calling the plumbers in who installed the pump as my British Gas plumbing cover didn't cover. Go figure but never mind hopefully soon be quiet on that front.

Interesting day at work today a steering group meeting I have been promised I'll take over held today CEO arranged only one person turned up so I should be able to beat that when I get my hands on it eventually.

Bulb gone in uplighter found two on amazon for 3.99 free delivery happy days hate top light being on.

Been for a run dg didn't make it not in right mood but did week 8 first run of 28min was hard but did it.

So tired now won't be long out of bed for sure. Feels like a long long week already and it's only Tuesday.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 20th Mar 18, 9:00 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Ok update timeM

To Do:
    Ring pet insurance and change address done
    Do some calculations and work out savings goal for this year. Post in diary re goals
    Book MOT done going in tomorrow
    Book flights to Denmark done 170 for two
    Ring British Gas find out what the plumbing cover actually covers if not the shower pump

So two left to do not bad also got my fringe cut for free and done a run this evening that's two runs and two 20min sessions happy with that.

Agent re job sent email saying they hadn't had any feedback so I emailed back saying I'd seen job advertised on portal so assumed it would be a while now. No reply so that's fine I assume they didn't find anyone and need more before they interview but I should hopefully still be in the running for interviews.

Going for a shower now then homemade wraps with tuna and coleslaw plus avocado for dinner plus two for tomorrow.

Friday tomorrow then two four day weeks and next week I'm on a course for two days.
    Last edited by TallGirl; 22-03-2018 at 7:43 PM.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 24th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 8,844 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Stood on the scales lost 1 kilo now reached my goal so happy but still need to tone up. Did manage two runs and two 20 squat session so that's good. Food still going well aka what we learnt at bootcamp but th odd donut (Greggs triple chocolate) snuck in and we shared a bottle of wine last night.

Need to collect car this morning and an Argos order for some weights. Dg still snoring away so won't be just yet. A bit of golf practise then playing tomorrow hopefully.

Still not done British Gas or looked at my savings goal but nothing else needs doing as far as I know right now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

430Posts Today

4,676Users online

Martin's Twitter