Woolwich PPI

My wife had a mortgage with The Woolwich between 1998 & 2004. She would like to claim mis-sold PPI for that period but unfortunately The Woolwich are no longer around. How does she proceed if the mortgage lender is no longer around?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Woolwich did a lot of mortgages via brokers. Was your wife's directly arranged with them or did she use a broker/adviser? - this will decide where the complaint is sent.

Most MPPI complaints fail as not being missold. Why does she think she was missold?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I think Barclays are now the purveyor for Woolwich
  • dunstonh
    Fumbledore wrote: »
    I think Barclays are now the purveyor for Woolwich

They are I repeat the question in post 2 as Barclays would not be the one to complain to in that scenario.

The OP has not returned to the site since making that post.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thank you for your replies!!

My wife dealt with a Woolwich mortgage advisor inside the branch & at the time of applying for the mortgage the PPI was part of the mortgage ie you couldn't have the mortgage without the PPI.
  • dunstonh
    My wife dealt with a Woolwich mortgage advisor inside the branch & at the time of applying for the mortgage the PPI was part of the mortgage ie you couldn't have the mortgage without the PPI.

Some mortgages in the 90s did need MPPI to get the deal. If yours was one of those it was not missold.

If yours was not one of those, then provide your evidence to Barclays and you have a strong case. If you have no evidence, its a weak complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure