Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smiffy12
    • By smiffy12 13th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 6Thanks
    smiffy12
    Lifetime ISA
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    Lifetime ISA 13th Feb 18 at 10:50 AM
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before but quick question regarding the bonus payments for FTB, below is what I plan to do having opened the LISA this morning, please could someone advise me if my understanding of the product is correct.

13th Feb-18: pay in 4k.
    5th Apr-18: Pay in 4k
    5th Apr-19: Pay in 4k

Would this mean that my bonus amount would be 3k in May-19 (roughly when I plan to purchase), or would it only be 2k?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Feb 18, 12:30 PM
    • 7,096 Posts
    • 7,522 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:30 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:30 PM
    You need to pay in on 6th April (first day of tax years) not the 5th, but apart from that, yes, you can earn a total of 3K in bonuses, the last 1K of which would be payable in late May (or maybe early June) 2019.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin