Tax credits and maintenance payments

Hi can someone please help me with this my ex-wife has said that the tax credits that she and her new husband get would affect his maintenance payments if one of the children came to live with me and I claim tax credits for them is that correct many thanks Eddie

Comments

• Yes thats correct. Does it worry you? It wouldn't worry me.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • It doesn't bother me all I wanted to do was get one of my kids to live with me so I can get the boiler fixed
  • I sincerely hope you haven't told your child that
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • All of my kids know that the heating is not working and they have said can one of them say that they live with me I have no secrets from my kids at all
  • missmontana
    missmontana Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They can't just say that they live with you... seriously?

Are you in rented accommodation? if so, landlord should be fixing your boiler.
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
  • Yes it will because they include Child Tax Credits as income, but thst will probably just even it out to the same as less CTC but one less child to feed.

So if your child is not living with you but you make a claim that she is, what will happen with the £64 CTC approx and 20.70 CB each week?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure