Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lamp
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies
    • 25th Mar 15, 7:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies 25th Mar 15 at 7:05 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under 5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Page 29
    • robpw2
    • By robpw2 15th Dec 17, 1:27 AM
    • 12,648 Posts
    • 26,387 Thanks
    robpw2
    just done this for 1.20

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
    • loubish
    • By loubish 20th Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    loubish
    Paid 1.02 this morning for 1 night UK travel insurance in March 2018. Meerkat Movies offer validated a couple of hours later. Currently sitting in cinema, saved 12 for my partners ticket. Definitely works and definitely worth persisting to get this deal, as incredible value, thanks MSE!
    • 1bellagio
    • By 1bellagio 20th Dec 17, 9:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    1bellagio
    Done for 1.17 and voucher code already activated within 5 minutes. Going to see Star Wars next week with my daughter. Thanks MSE. Will also get my wife to do this too.
    • Skybodblu
    • By Skybodblu 2nd Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Skybodblu
    Nice!
    Great tips thanks!
    Live long and Prosper
    • Trina90
    • By Trina90 2nd Jan 18, 5:43 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Trina90
    Just claimed for my second year of Meerkat Movies! 1.17.

Not only do I use the Meerkat Movies 2for1 but I also get my cinema tickets for only 6.50 each through my work's discount. This means a trip to the cinema costs my husband and I a measly 4.65 (booking fee included) each!
    Mortgage started 2015: 150,000
    2016: 130,000
    Currently: 116,000
    • carolehibbett
    • By carolehibbett 22nd Jan 18, 3:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    carolehibbett
    Meerkat Movies Offer It worked and for only 1.02!!!!
    Hi! Had been willing to try this for some time but never had the time to do it.... Went on the compare the market website Saturday morning and booked a single trip travel insurance for 1 day in the UK (from the Saturday to Sunday) cheapest was 1.02!!!!!! which I booked. No email came from Compare T M as regards the reward but as it was the weekend, thought maybe need to wait for Monday - it says on the website that it could take 48h. Nothing on Monday so went on the website and they tell you to log in and claim your rewards. Panic as I had not created an account but this was not a problem as when you ask for a quote you need to enter your email and date of birth, so created an account and the quotes they sent me were there, all I had to do was to confirm which quote I went for (they automatically load the cheapest) and enter your Policy number and that was all it required. I then clicked on claim my rewards and it was showing the 2 for 1 movie offer. You then download the app on your phone, enter your CTM login details and you get a voucher number to claim your 2 for 1. You can either do it on line - with Vue cinemas you must enter your code and press enter BEFORE you enter the number of seats if you book online or just show the code from your phone at the box office!
    Hope this will help someone it was super easy and I felt safe all day on Saturday with my travel insurance! Thanks Martin for the tip!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 31,606 Posts
    • 19,946 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi! Had been willing to try this for some time but never had the time to do it.... Went on the compare the market website Saturday morning and booked a single trip travel insurance for 1 day in the UK (from the Saturday to Sunday) cheapest was 1.02!!!!!! which I booked. No email came from Compare T M as regards the reward but as it was the weekend, thought maybe need to wait for Monday - it says on the website that it could take 48h. Nothing on Monday so went on the website and they tell you to log in and claim your rewards. Panic as I had not created an account but this was not a problem as when you ask for a quote you need to enter your email and date of birth, so created an account and the quotes they sent me were there, all I had to do was to confirm which quote I went for (they automatically load the cheapest) and enter your Policy number and that was all it required. I then clicked on claim my rewards and it was showing the 2 for 1 movie offer. You then download the app on your phone, enter your CTM login details and you get a voucher number to claim your 2 for 1. You can either do it on line - with Vue cinemas you must enter your code and press enter BEFORE you enter the number of seats if you book online or just show the code from your phone at the box office!
    Hope this will help someone it was super easy and I felt safe all day on Saturday with my travel insurance! Thanks Martin for the tip!
    Originally posted by carolehibbett
    Cool story.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 28th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    nic_c
    Just claimed for my second year of Meerkat Movies! 1.17.

Not only do I use the Meerkat Movies 2for1 but I also get my cinema tickets for only 6.50 each through my work's discount. This means a trip to the cinema costs my husband and I a measly 4.65 (booking fee included) each!
    Originally posted by Trina90
    My work does discounted tickets too - how do you get this with the 241 offer?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 28th Jan 18, 11:45 PM
    • 31,606 Posts
    • 19,946 Thanks
    DCFC79
    My work does discounted tickets too - how do you get this with the 241 offer?
    Originally posted by nic_c
    Take 1 ticket and show the member of staff the meerkat code.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Dalts77
    • By Dalts77 31st Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dalts77
    1.17 boom
    thanks so much or this tip - spent 1.17 on travel insurance as suggested - one happy girl
    • esbarnes
    • By esbarnes 18th Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    esbarnes
    This trick still works just purchased travel insurance for 1.17 and qualified for 2 for 1 cinema tickets just in time to use this week happy days !!!9786;
    • Danbev
    • By Danbev 20th Feb 18, 10:18 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danbev
    Could someone send me a 2-4-1 cinema code for today?

Id be very grateful

Thank you in advance :-)
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 22nd Mar 18, 9:09 AM
    • 338 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    Got travel insurance for 1.38 and qualified for 2 for 1 cinema tickets. I had 4.00 in survey money I cashed in so I technically didnt have to pay for the insurance.
    The 1000 emergency fund challenge #223
    Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys #17
    2018 Frugal Living Challenge #44
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2018~ 11 #40
    2 saver club
    • Looneylee
    • By Looneylee 6th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    Looneylee
    I've just done this for 1.17. Just activated it straight away by logging into my account and selecting which quote I'd taken. Dead easy. My question is, is there an age limit for this? I couldn't see anything in the Ts and Cs... I was wondering whether I could do it for my daughter too? She is 12.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 31,606 Posts
    • 19,946 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I've just done this for 1.17. Just activated it straight away by logging into my account and selecting which quote I'd taken. Dead easy. My question is, is there an age limit for this? I couldn't see anything in the Ts and Cs... I was wondering whether I could do it for my daughter too? She is 12.
    Originally posted by Looneylee
    Give it a try
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 7th May 18, 10:39 AM
    • 7,369 Posts
    • 10,615 Thanks
    KxMx
    Just renewed at 1.17.

Verified near instantly.
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 15th May 18, 3:05 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    atlantis187
    Anyone got a meerkat code for today please need it urgently. In exchange I can give u Wuntu 5 dominos free pizza codes for tomorrow.

Thanks
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th May 18, 6:12 PM
    • 31,606 Posts
    • 19,946 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Anyone got a meerkat code for today please need it urgently. In exchange I can give u Wuntu 5 dominos free pizza codes for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Originally posted by atlantis187
    There's a whole thread over on hukd for just what your after.
    • MIckK
    • By MIckK 16th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MIckK
    Mick
    Hi Guys
    I have just taken out insurance for one day in England and it worked, a years 2 for 1 tickets for just 1.02. Brilliant, thank you
    M
    • Grame
    • By Grame 17th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Grame
    Saw this evening, opened account and took out 1 day travel insurance for 1.02. Entered policy number into account rewards and received code for 2for1 cinema tickets for next Tuesday and Wednesday, immediately. Looks like the teenagers will have to fend for themselves as wife and I will be going out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

3,815Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin