IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LIDL/Athena Civil Parking Charge Notice

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    2007bc wrote: »
    Email was sent to - 'Ronny.Gottschlich@lidl.co.uk'

Good Morning Ronny,

Upon arriving at work this morning I was handed a parking charge (Notice nr 0 002 121 933 / 30-10-15) by my manager as the company car I drive had exceeded the ‘free stay’ at your Barnsley store by 22mins. On the 30th October, the day the ‘charge’ is dated, I had a meeting in the area, so after that was completed I proceeded to park up in your store car park and do some shopping in my lunch break. The Barnsley store seemed a lot busier than the Holmfirth store and the low number of till operators vs the high number of customers meant my queue alone took over 10 minutes. In order to be a courteous shopper, I then packed my shopping bags behind the till rather than causing further delays to other patrons waiting behind me – displaying such kindness to my fellow patrons further added to my delay in leaving the store. The car was in the car park just 32 minutes in total.

Mr Gottschich, I have visited the Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert forum and it is awash with complaints by legitimate LIDL customers who have had similar treatment to myself.

Are you aware that contracting athena-parking.com, you have contracted a company that are no longer in the BPA and no longer offer a fair appeals system (POPLA) so are you therefore aware that all your customers will now have no fair appeal that it would be possible to win?

Whilst I apologise for stopping in your car park longer than I should have; I feel as though I have been punished for taking time with my shopping, and spending money at your store – I will certainly re-consider visiting your stores if this charge is not cancelled.

I will also be contacting Athena directly, however would appreciate an urgent response to this matter.

Regards

:T A thing of beauty!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It beggars belief that the period of parking for any supermarket should be just 10 minutes.
  • Is it one of those where if you are longer than 10 minutes you have to enter your VRN into a keypad inside the store?
  • Nnenne1
    Nnenne1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I overstayed by 1 hour on one ticket and 30mins on anther( on 2 conservative days) asked the CEO for a Christmas goodwill gesture and within a day, got email saying in this occasion, it was cancelled. Thanks Lidl!!!!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 December 2015 at 7:50PM
    Nnenne1 wrote: »
    I overstayed by 1 hour on one ticket and 30mins on anther( on 2 conservative days) asked the CEO for a Christmas goodwill gesture and within a day, got email saying in this occasion, it was cancelled. Thanks Lidl!!!!

It is very interesting to see that Lidl are playing a more active part in the cancellation of tickets.
    The email to Ronny Gottschlich from 2007bc, is very good and hopefully Lidl will realise that by using Athena who have now defected to the IPC, THEY ARE , exposing their customers to a scam.

I think that the new year will bring some interesting fun with these cowboys and my MP has told me that the Governments proposed course of action will be released in due course. It's being worked on right now. Clearly they are fully aware of the "cowboy" scam

Well done, if everyone did this the cowboys would vanish, just like the parking clampers. A lot is going to be down to, how professional the BPA becomes as right now they need to sharpen up their axe
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Nnenne1 wrote: »

Well done on getting this cancelled. But 'thanks Lidl' - are you serious? Why are you thanking someone who put you in a position of aggravation, upset and stress. And for what - spending your money with them?

Please don't lose sight of the fact that it was Lidl who put Athena in place to press these charges on you, and in fact Lidl take a significant rake-off from the penalties collected from motorists who are too traumatised to complain - they pay up as they feel they are 'in trouble' and want to get it out of their life.

Thank them? Nah, in your position I'd be writing to them to tell them that, in view of the unwarranted stress this has caused you, while they continue to have a PPC on their premises, neither you nor your family will ever shop there again.

I expect you won't do it, but that's the way to bang some sense into businesses who have such blatant disregard for their customers. Staggering complacency, customers regarded as nothing but profit fodder.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • web_ferret
    web_ferret Posts: 252 Forumite
    My wife was stung by Athena in Lidi. I appealed to Athena and the charge was cancelled.

Ronnie CEO of Lidi never responded to my email.

So it possible to appeal and Lidi really don't care as they get a cut.

Keep your recepits folks if you use any car park with cameras. If the cowboy cameras malfuction you need proof.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    web_ferret wrote: »
    My wife was stung by Athena in Lidi. I appealed to Athena and the charge was cancelled.

Ronnie CEO of Lidi never responded to my email.

So it possible to appeal and Lidi really don't care as they get a cut.

Keep your recepits folks if you use any car park with cameras. If the cowboy cameras malfuction you need proof.

Brilliant, something to tell all your friends about

Ronnie the CEO does seem to be a very rude chap, going to a school of good manners may help him
  • web_ferret
    web_ferret Posts: 252 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2016 at 9:32PM
    Any CEO has others that can access emails and respond about trivials such as parking.
    Yet in my case Lidl didn't as clearly I'm unimportant today.
  • Hello, does it make any difference appealing if you've used the car park but not shopped at Lidl? I'm looking at appealing on compassionate grounds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure