Item missing from box

Options
I ordered a Nintendo switch for my kids’ Christmas present. I ordered it with two games and an accessory. I believed everything was delivered, as it arrived 3 days later in a box, which my girlfriend took. I had it in my room for a week and due to working only got the opportunity to open the box and get it ready for wrapping today.

Unfortunately, everything is in the box apart from the Nintendo Switch. I have contacted game to send out, however they have said it’s with their warehouse to investigate. Any advice? I’m so annoyed, as I was going to leave it until just before Christmas to wrap and that would have meant possibly no present for my kids.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 December 2019 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Was the box sealed before it was opened ?
  • Locornwall
    Options
    Looked sealed to me yes
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Locornwall wrote: »

Unfortunately, everything is in the box apart from the Nintendo Switch. I have contacted game to send out, however they have said it’s with their warehouse to investigate.
    You'll have to wait for them to investigate.
    Any refund or replacement will depend on the credibility of your complaint, but if you are not a serial returner to this firm the likelihood is that you will be fully reimbursed very soon.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there anything on the shipping label which would indicate the weight?
  • Locornwall
    Options
    Nothing to indicate the weight. My girlfriend took the parcel with no signature required, which I don’t get but that’s another thing.

I’m just shocked. To some it could look like we are trying to get a freebie but if you take it from my position it’s really annoying, as I want my kids to get it by Christmas.
  • Alfrescodave
    Options
    Is there actual space in the delivered box for where the Switch should have been? or is the box full ?

Keep all the packaging just in case.

Strange that no signature was required, perhaps this is significant when you have further discussions with the supplier
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sealed as in cut the seals to open ??
  • Locornwall
    Options
    Not knowing how big the box is I cannot confirm if the box was big enough. However, looking at the packaging, there is very little space left, as there are empty air bags to cushion the items.
  • Locornwall
    Options
    There was sellotape around the edge and a pull part of the cardboard. None seemed damaged. Personally, I just don’t think there was one put in the box.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Locornwall wrote: »
    Not knowing how big the box is I cannot confirm if the box was big enough. However, looking at the packaging, there is very little space left, as there are empty air bags to cushion the items.

But you said you opened the box...

I think the question really was.
    Not the actual outer box. But the box the switch should have been in. Was this a new boxed set? Or separate items.
    Life in the slow lane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport