IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Do not appeal a UKPC Windscreen PCN (UKPC ARE BANNED BY THE DVLA - April/May 2018)

Comments

• torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Maybe I'm just being cynical when I think the DVLA has gone into Lets Do Something mode after February's HoC debate and the mild kicking it was subjected to.

Yeah: cynical. That's me.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Half_way wrote: »
    I've long held the belief that anyone/companny who has access to personal/private data should have some sort of check (CRB/DBS)
    And if that person has any criminal or other conviction such as Fraud/violence/theft/fraud/dishonesty etc etc then they and their organisation should be prohibited form having access to personal data

100% agree with you but whilst the likes of UKPC have
    money to be BPA members, doubt the BPA would care
    even if they were Jack the Ripper.

Money money money is the BPA's desire, not to mention
    that other bunch of scam cronies the IPC
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    Maybe I'm just being cynical when I think the DVLA has gone into Lets Do Something mode after February's HoC debate and the mild kicking it was subjected to.

Yeah: cynical. That's me.

Whilst the DVLA are collecting this money, they don't
    give a damn.
    Shame they don't put it towards fixing our roads and the
    potholes that crop up daily
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 June 2018 at 11:34PM
    Half_way wrote: »
    I've long held the belief that anyone/company who has access to personal/private data should have some sort of check (CRB/DBS).

And if that person has any criminal or other conviction such as Fraud/violence/theft/fraud/dishonesty etc etc then they and their organisation should be prohibited form having access to personal data

I wholeheartedly agree.

Makes me sick to think who is processing ordinary people's name & address data. People with a background of dishonesty & fraud; people with a background of violence, even sex offenders.

I am NOT just talking about parking firms.

IMHO, criminals should not be allowed to work in or run customer-facing, data holding companies.

Of course, Martin Lewis also advises people to check reviews before using any company.

You can look up any firm (PPC or other) and find what people are saying, e.g. by using Trust Pilot:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.parkingeye.co.uk

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Here are two replies to reviews I found when browsing Trust Pilot about one of those companies:
    Reply from Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    Published 31 May 2018
    This review, and the conduct of the author, is the subject of criminal proceedings This is the class of person allowed to blatantly lie about businesses on Trustpilot..
    'Criminal'?
    Reply from Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    Published 01 May 2018
    This person was not our customer, and has not supplied any evidence of being so. Private Parking Appeals does not accept third party applications as per our terms and conditions.

To be clear, the fraud here is the person claiming to have been our customer, when the parking ticket was in a completely different name. Perhaps rather than ranting, wrongly on here, and opening herself to legal proceedings, Miss Money should have read our terms and conditions.
    'Fraud'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I asked the DVLA about this issue a while ago. Their response was as long as the BPA were happy to have someone as a member then they would provide the data.

Given the convictions some parking company bosses have got it did rather surprise me. They were more than happy to provide data to a convicted racist who made threats of rape.
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    I asked the DVLA about this issue a while ago. Their response was as long as the BPA were happy to have someone as a member then they would provide the data.

Given the convictions some parking company bosses have got it did rather surprise me. They were more than happy to provide data to a convicted racist who made threats of rape.

Remember the famous interview by BBC Watchdog in 2014
    where Patrick Troy, CEO of the BPA and David Evans of
    the DVLA were grilled by Anne Robinson ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQnuBQQi1M
    Watch this video and the one that follows

I thought at the time, here we have two very dodgy
    bods and we were not disappointed with the lack of
    interest from David Evans of the DVLA and upskirt
    Patrick Troy of the BPA who by the skin of his teeth
    missed going to prison

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/police-tried-ban-former-parking-association-boss-sitting-opposite/

When you watch Evans and Troy they are both like
    a fish trying to wriggle off the hook.

Couple this to the latest Watchdog 2 weeks ago, you will
    see Andrew Pester the new CEO wriggling just like Troy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIaKMkO3YVM

NOTHING HAS CHANGED and the BPA are still bosom
    BUDDIES with the DVLA. It is no wonder therefore that
    motorists are being fobbed off by the DVLA and the BPA
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »

What will SCS law do ????
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    What will SCS law do ????

go thru 5 yrs and 11 mths of unpayed tickets with glee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors