Halifax switch offer up to £125

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My wife is thinking of switching her current account to the Halifax. She was a Halifax customer some years ago but she cannot remember if it was before/after the cut off date. Does the application process check for cash back eligibility?
  • Kim_13 wrote: »
    The terms exclude Bank of Scotland accounts, a TSB account is fine to qualify for the offer.

Hi I have a similar Question,

Are you eligible for the £125 switch if you switch a Lloyds current account?

I've heard RBS, Halifax & Lloyds are part of the same group.

Thanks
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    HowardJ wrote: »

Thanks

Do the T&Cs exclude switching from a Lloyds account? You can find them here.

https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts/reward-current-account/#collapse4-1499459832070
  • I had to pop in to my local branch with ID as I have very recently moved home.

In branch I was told I would need to order a debit card (I don't have one) for my Santander account I was switching from before I could complete the switch. However I phoned Halifax when I got home and they said you do not have to have a debit card in order to switch.

Looking forward to my free £125 shortly.:j
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hengus wrote: »
    My wife is thinking of switching her current account to the Halifax. She was a Halifax customer some years ago but she cannot remember if it was before/after the cut off date.
    The more pertinent question is whether she received an incentive payment or not. Did she?
    Does the application process check for cash back eligibility?
    If you qualify you get it. If you don't you don't. They don't tell you during the application.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    HowardJ wrote: »

Thanks

RBS is Royal Bank of Scotland, of which Natwest is part of the same group.

BOS (Bank of Scotland), Halifax and Lloyds are all part of the same group. The terms of the offer however only exclude Bank of Scotland current accounts, so you can get the incentive with a Lloyds current account.

I assume the reason for the exclusion of BOS is that BOS and Halifax are under the same banking licence. Lloyds, though under the same group, has its own licence.
  • In what way? How are you measuring this?
    I get 2 monthly credit reports from Noddle and Moneysavingexpert and my credit score on both had gone down since I completed the switches to Yorkshire Bank and NatWest with everything else unchanged.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Applied for the account on the 7th of February it is now the 10th and my £125 incentive has been paid into the account

My switch hasn't even completed yet that is not due until the 15th!
  • I get 2 monthly credit reports from Noddle and Moneysavingexpert and my credit score on both had gone down since I completed the switches to Yorkshire Bank and NatWest with everything else unchanged.

So you're measuring it by the meaningless number. Ignore it. The 'drop' is not a reflection of your credit worthiness in the slightest.
  • I've opened an account for £125 but will keep it for the £36/ year with 2 DD's AND 2.5% regular saver. I've pretty much completed the set now of switches available over the last few months.
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport