My 5 year plan

Options

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Storm89 wrote: »
    Ah I only saw your reply after mine had posted. It sounds amazing actually being so close to a beach up there!
    I live just outside Glasgow and the contrast of being by the beach while "at work" is unbelievable. It's wild at the moment though, blowing a gale!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• fatrab
    Options
    Storm89 wrote: »
    So glad you've done another :) I was wondering about the rent and mortgage on the soa too ? Good luck on being debt and mortgage free in 4 years 11 months lol.
    4 years, 11 months and 1 day but hey, who's counting hahaha :)

• fatrab
    Options
    February's Plan:

Continue with the eating plan (Savvy Shopper Cookbook). No takeaways, no alcohol. 18 NSD's. Lose 4lbs. Allow the credit card billing cycle to complete and then cancel the card, DD is set to pay the balance in full anyway.

Need to start budgeting for days out with the little one, he's just turned 5 months but Mrs fatrab is becoming increasingly demented staying at home!

January's spending stats:
    Fuel - 41%
    Shopping - 34%
    Eating out - 12%
    Pub - 11%
    Travel - 2%

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    I love that you know the statistics, is that from the app? I know how Mrs fatrab feels ! Can't wait to go out this weekend.
    I bet its lovely even when it's windy. We've always looked at going up to Scotland and doing a little road trip , you always see such beautiful photos on Instagram I don't know why more people don't consider visiting. Would love to go when I'm free of Debt.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy new shiny diary, hope you've welded this one to the floor?

Your goals look great.

Totally sympathise with Mrs Rab, thankfully mine are much older now xx
  • fatrab
    Options
    Yes the app breaks it down into pie or bar graph. It's much handier than a notepad!

There's some beautiful places up here, especially the north and west coasts. If you ever get the chance, drive the NC500. Stunning scenery.

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    North coast 500 was on our bucket list pre children & I'd still love to do it. Happy New diary again anyway :)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Glad you started a new diary.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi FR

Sorry you have had to start another diary.

I lived in Peterhead for four years back in the early 90s. Not an attractive place in itself but there were some fantastic places to visit very close by. I had never met horizontal snow before. We arrived in August and the foghorn went continually for forty days and forty nights! Then suddenly the weather broke and we had a lovely Indian summer.

I know that's the opposite side to you but I do like Scotland and have many happy memories.

Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • enjoyyourshoes
    Options
    Fantastic for setting your stall out clearly and objectively over longer time frame.

HMRC are always best to put up as number 1, and well done for paying it off sop quickly !

Excellent for accruing monthly to pay of insurances annually, smart move.

Why both rent and mortgage on SOA?

I assume mob bill was pre cancelling the 3 contracts?

Good luck and excellent start
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family