Consumer rights - Disneyworld tivkets

Comments

• Wildsurf
    Wildsurf Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    meer53 wrote: »
    Consequently, if you book and pay in full

OP you said you paid a deposit ? So you didn't pay in full at the time of booking ? Are the tickets exactly the same ? There are numerous variations on Disney Tickets.

I did pay a deposit and as per my other post the T&C's contradict what they told me on phone. Never believe a salesperson! Interestingly though they are not relying on their T&C's when I speak to them, but saying the offer I want to match with is below their cost and therefore it is impossible to match.

They are also telling me all travel products are exempt from 14 day cooling off period.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2017 at 7:41AM
    Wildsurf wrote: »
    I did pay a deposit and as per my other post the T&C's contradict what they told me on phone. Never believe a salesperson! Interestingly though they are not relying on their T&C's when I speak to them, but saying the offer I want to match with is below their cost and therefore it is impossible to match.

They are also telling me all travel products are exempt from 14 day cooling off period.

You could try asking on livechat about a pretend enquiry and see what they say about the price match but it's likely they'll send you a link to the t& cs
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2017 at 10:07AM
    Just read that myself. Not what they told me over phone, they clearly said that if there was a cheaper offer on their website or a competitors they would adjust our booking price if we could evidence it. I note though they exclude special offers and promotions which gives them another get out :(

Most price match promises state products have to be like for like and that promotions and offers are excluded. Always read the t & c's BEFORE booking. I've never paid a deposit for tickets before, i've always paid in full at the time of booking as i usually book them as near to the time of the holiday as possible. I shop around until the last minute. Lesson learned i think ?
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

As others have said this is not true. (Only some travel products are exempt i.e. those on specified dates.)

How did you pay e.g. credit card, debit card etc?
  • Wildsurf
    Wildsurf Posts: 111 Forumite
    naedanger wrote: »
    As others have said this is not true. (Only some travel products are exempt i.e. those on specified dates.)

How did you pay e.g. credit card, debit card etc?

Credit card
  • naedanger
    Credit card

Then I suggest you make a section 75 claim against your credit card provider:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Then I suggest you make a section 75 claim against your credit card provider:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Claim for what ?
  • naedanger
    meer53 wrote: »
    Claim for what ?

The right to cancel and return of deposit.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,198 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The right to cancel and return of deposit.

The link above though doesn't cover change of mind refunds in non eligible situations.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • naedanger
    soolin wrote: »
    The link above though doest cover change of mind refunds in non eligible situations.

But it seems to me it is an eligible situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure