How to set time for tablet to cut from wifi

Comments

• I've not played with Tasker in years.. but I've still got it installed and it was really simple to create a profile, then a task, to do this wifi switching
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    They have the app factory now, that lets you create "children" .. as stand alone apps (APK's)

So you can create utils for other people :)
  • I suspect it is to stop a child using the internet after a certain time, but the OP hasn't confirmed their reasoning so we're just wildly guessing until they do.
    Let me Google that for you...
  • were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    Cant you just ban the mac/ip address, on the router? A bit manual but I know I have this on my router?

Cheats way is to change the router wifi key in the eve, but also a manual process.

You could also not tell them rhat wifi password and set up yout own hotspot for them to connect to using this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_hotspot_starter.html

If you generally want to see who is on your wifi try this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Holiday Haggler
    edited 19 April 2017 at 1:56PM
    I suspect it is to stop a child using the internet after a certain time, but the OP hasn't confirmed their reasoning so we're just wildly guessing until they do.

And that is most people's problem on here - expanding on someone's question rather than just answering it

If you want the wifi to cut out at a certain time on an android there are plenty of apps to do it. No one mentioned parental controls.

edit: here's an app exactly for what OP wants - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    aayush wrote: »
    Hi what i am trying to do is have wifi cut at say 8.30 pm on my tablet thus go to sleep
    Look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mcmeel.WifiScheduler and see if it is what you want.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've noticed that this OP is almost always very brief with their posts, never adding detail or context, such that people have to interpret or guess what is actually being asked.

OP would help themself if they treated this as a forum not a message board and actually spent time composing proper questions.
  • aayush
    aayush Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    i wish to get my son off the tablet at a set time to aviod he playing with till late in the eveing and am looking what i can install on the tablet to get the
    wi fi to stop at a set time not to save money or power
  • I would suggest "Go and take the tablet off them" since there's plenty of things (e.g. games) that don't need internet access.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bare in mind that anything you try to do ON the tablet (other than physically removing it) your son will probably be able to circumvent. Therefore a router solution whereby you can block the IP address/MAC address on a defined schedule is the most-workable solution ... this might mean buying a new router. (And don't let him know the router admin login/password otherwise he'll simply disable the schedule). ;)

OR ... talk to your son. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport