IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Claim AM Parking Services Ltd

Options

Comments

• JimmyChan
    JimmyChan Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I have recieved the PPC Direction Questionnaire (I am just about to send mine off). But they have requested hearing the case "on the papers" and included an N159 form. I know I am to say no to this, but do I have to say no now, or wait until the court has asked me?

Should I just add a note to my covering letter that I don't want to?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Covered on loads of threads, such as:

infernouk (yesterday!)

Jack Basta

backtobasix

Gin and Milk

...read their threads because this has been covered in detail lots of times and can give you a chance to ask a Judge to strike the claim out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JimmyChan
    Options
    Ok thanks, just going to reply to the Court's Direction Questionnaire.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes but you will miss a trick if you don't enclose a covering letter to the Judge.
  • JimmyChan
    Options
    Yes but you will miss a trick if you don't enclose a covering letter to the Judge.

What trick is that? I have already asked for the claim to be struck out in my preliminary matters I sent with my defence and counterclaim
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Same sort of thing - see backtobasix thread. And the others.
  • JimmyChan
    Options
    Ok will do it tomorrow and paste it in here for a look over from you lovely people before I send it off.
  • JimmyChan
    Options
    Here is my covering letter to the court (should I have bolded my two requests like this?):

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir/Madame,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please find enclosed my completed N180 Directions Questionnaire form.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have also received the Claimants’ N180 form and understand that they have lodged a Request for Special Direction by asking for the claim to be heard “on the papers.” I would like to lodge my formal objection to this Request for Special Direction.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As an unrepresented defendant, I require a hearing at my local Court because the Claimant’s legal representatives have followed their usual path of ‘roboclaims’ by:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]No clear and concise Particulars of Claim. The Claimant’s legal representatives are known to withhold any contract/facts until the last minute (often ambushing Defendants late with paperwork never shown earlier). This potentially causes me at an extreme disadvantage if this cases is heard 'on papers' because based on the routinely sparse information provided to me so far, it has been almost impossible to put together a detailed defence. I respectfully request that, in the event that the claim is not struck out due to the reasons in this letter, the court exercises its discretion to allow a more detailed defence to be submitted without cost, should Claimants finally produce late evidence.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The particulars of claim do not meet the requirements of Practice Direction 16 7.5 as there is nothing which specifies how the terms were breached. Indeed, the particulars of the claim are not clear and concise as is required by CPR 16.4 1(a). The Claimant’s legal representatives are known to be a serial issuer of generic claims similar to this one. HM Courts Service have identified over 1000 similar sparse claims. I believe the term for such behaviour is ‘roboclaims’ and as such is against the public interest.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Practice Direction 3A which references Civil Procedure Rule 3.4 illustrates this point:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    1.4 The following are examples of cases where the court may conclude that particulars of claim (whether contained in a claim form or filed separately) fall within rule 3.4(2)(a):
    (1) those which set out no facts indicating what the claim is about, for example ‘Money owed £5000’,
    (2) those which are incoherent and make no sense,
    (3) those which contain a coherent set of facts but those facts, even if true, do not disclose any legally recognisable claim against the defendant[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Claimant has not complied with the pre-court protocol:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]a) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When requested for concise details of the claim (in line with Para 6(a) Para 6(c)), such as a specific location, a contract with the land owner and how the claimed amount had been arrived at, the Claimant either ignored the request or stated it would only be provided in their witness statement if the matter went to court.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]b) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When requested that we consider using ADR, as Para 8 suggests, by using the Claimant’s own Trade Association’s recommended ADR (Parking on Private Land Appeals) it was dismissed with no satisfactory answer. Due to the above the Defendant would refer the court to Para 11 & 14(c) on the unreasonableness of dismissing ADR.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]c) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Defendant would refer the court to Para 4 on non-compliance and sanction, and also point out that there can be no reasonable excuse for the Claimant's failure to follow the Pre-action Conduct process as this claim was issued by the Claimants legal representative so they clearly had legal advice before issuing proceedings.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On the basis of the above, and for similar reasons cited by DJ Cross of St Albans County on 20/09/16 where a similar claim was struck out without hearing, due to Claimaint’s legal representatives’ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]particulars of claim being “incoherent”, failing to comply with CPR. 16.4, “providing no facts that could give rise to any apparent claim in law.” Also on 27/07/16 DJ Anson of Preston County Court ordered the Claimaint’s legal representatives’ file new particulars of claim due to them being deficient, which they failed to do and the claim was stuck out. Due to the above I request that the court strike out the claim for want of a cause of action. Please note that if the Claim is struck out I still wish to continue with the Counterclaim.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely,
    [FONT=&quot]JimmyChan[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Here is my covering letter to the court (should I have bolded my two requests like this?)

Yes, looks fine and clear. Might have the desired effect, if not, it does not harm.

Change Madame to 'Madam'
  • JimmyChan
    Options
    Change Madame to 'Madam'
    Haha thanks!

When it comes to the covering letter for Gladstones, can I just send the Directions Questionnaire with a covering letter which says "Please find enclosed my N180" or do I have to send them what I am sending to the court?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure