Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Make the OP.
    Just think you only have 9 months to go now :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 March 2017 at 7:05PM
    Working on my appearance without spending money

I washed and cut my hair today. I used a new shampoo for an itchy scalp and my head feels so nice now

I tinted my eyebrows and plucked them

I cleansed with a muslim cloth, exfoliated, used a face pack and moisturised with a light oil and my skin looks so much better :)

I contacted the podiatrists where I get my feet pedicured. I have been going there for 2 years. I thought about not going back as it costs £90 (work reimburses me but even so…) and last time I was disappointed. I told the manager and the next one is complimentary so I have an appointment for the first week in April :T

Cost cutting for March and April

I am going to eat from the freezer until the end of April and until then I am setting a £20 a week budget for all food, household and toiletry expenses. I have a full freezer so food wise I only need fruit, veg and dairy.

I will have £20 a week pocket money

I have a small pay increase (and I mean small!:rotfl:) but it will go to offset my gym fees once I get my kit and finally join

I regularly mess up on Thursdays and it gets spendy with nothing to show. Not this week. I have prepped a delicious salad and a soup. I will take a flask. I have fruits. I have yoghurt, seeds and nuts for breakfast. I have £5 so I will allow myself a coffee and a single chocolate in Ner0.

If I can cost cut for the rest of March and April and make an OP I will be able to leapfrog from the mid 12,000s over the £11,000’s and arrive in the £10,000’s. Wouldn’t that be nice :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    The 10's sound just fab :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Thanks for the encouragement beanielou. Being in the 10s would be just wonderful :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • While being in the 10s would be great, I'd favour even a small emergency fund.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Thanks INOD. You have a point. I am going to find a way to do both. That is the plan anyway…

Today I concentrated on getting a new deal on my electricity and gas. It took me ages to understand the units to be able to make comparisons. Now I am in a deal that saves me 4.5% until December. I am not locked in so I can look again when this deal ends. :)

I used the silver in my money box to pay for my fares to work

I returned some shoes I purchased on impulse. They were a great buy purchased when I got my boots. £20 from £85, but I did not need them so I took them back.

I wrote a letter to my mortgage company as my statement says I am in arrears again. They have already paid me £200 for sending these letters out and I want it sorted once and for all or I am off to the ombudsman

I picked up some bits in MnS. I spent £9.00 but lots of bargains and no junk so I am pleased with that shop

I took in my food and snacks to work and kept to my plan of coffee and a single chocolate :)

I paid for 2 prescriptions.

A good MSE day for me today. I hope for you too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Your mortgage company sounds dire.
    Hopefully more pennies your way though ;)

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    What a nightmare - I'd be seriously anxious about constantly seeing 'in arrears' in statements. I hope they get it sorted once and for all and stop with all the negativity!

Well done on all the MSE-ness of your day! Energy bill sounds promising - I managed to get ours reduced from £133p/m for duel fuel to £83 per month (just got confirmation today) by going fixed for 12 months...just before SSE put their prices up by 15% (my old provider). I wouldn't have even thought about doing that if i wasn't on MSE. Three cheers for MSE! haha

Hope you have a lovely day :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    JoJoC wrote: »
    I managed to get ours reduced from £133p/m for duel fuel to £83 per month (just got confirmation today) by going fixed for 12 months...just before SSE put their prices up by 15% (my old provider). I wouldn't have even thought about doing that if i wasn't on MSE. Three cheers for MSE! haha
    Thanks JoJo. My old provider was SSE too so I faced increases too. Well done us for getting new deals :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    beanielou wrote: »
    Your mortgage company sounds dire.
    Hopefully more pennies your way though ;)
    Worse than dire. It's got to the stage where I don't even want compensation. I just want it sorted for peace of mind, but I should be shot of them forever soon :T

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills