Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 March 2015 at 7:53PM
    Checked accounts and needed to transfer £9 back out of holiday account to balance it. Perhaps I was a bit optimistic earlier in the week, can't say I haven't tried though! :rotfl:

Stuck to meal plan, two loads of washing done ready to be hung out before work tomorrow and house is reasonably tidy so things not too bad as we approach hump day.

Listed a couple of items on eBay this week but very little interest so far, if they don't sell they can go In the car boot sale pile which is starting to take over the bedroom. Aiming to do one at the end of the month ao still lots of time to find more tat to sell! Really need to organise our kitchen items, there is so much we could get rid of which would free up a whole cupboard.

Eaten healthily today, drunk little coffee and had a quick run so fingers crossed I sleep better tonight. Got lots done in work today that was playing on my mind so hopefully I can switch off mentally.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • CathT
    Forumite
    No money left the day before payday so have made plans for using up tomorrow's pay effectively.

Be quite a spendy few days as need to pay for half a term swimming £110 :eek: and tax DH car. I was going to opt for monthly payments but as have decided to use work expenses as car fund money there should be enough this month to buy 6 months tax.

Also need to pay professional subscriptions which isn't a small amount of money! That will have to come out of the leftover nursery money which is a shame as I wanted that to come off the cc. Everything has come at once this month unfortunately.

However, cupboards are fairly full so don't anticipate a big food shop so that will offset some of it. Need to use up some of the veg box as the broccoli is going a bit yellow, might make a broccoli cheese to hide it!! I refuse to throw anything away. :D
  • CathT
    Forumite
    DH been paid but wage a lot lower than expected as there has been an issue with holidays :mad: however, we will manage and if it gets sorted it's a bonus.

Necessary payday transfers made, no spare money to pay off cc but did send a 44p Tilly tidy. Transferred money from holiday account to cc to pay for that.

This weekend I need to:

1) tax DH car (decide whether pay monthly or use work expenses)
    2) pay professional subscriptions
    3) pay big cc
    4) pay for swimming lessons

Also took advantage of N3xt sale last night and got some much needed shoes and boots for me. Children's choices were terrible but the way my children get wear out of clothes I will use Mr S or Mr A. DS has gone through the knee in another pair of thick quality jogging pants. How? Does he slide on his knees when I am not looking!?!

DH doing food shop and if he sticks to this list should be under budget! We shall see ;)

Have a good day everyone, it's Friday! :beer:
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,895
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Oh dear,I hope you get the pay sorted cath.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Thanks Newgirly. dH going to speak to HR on Monday, he is more annoyed than me which is a rare thing!

I however am fuming with a certain cc company! I did a balance transfer offer for 0% and have just realised I have been paying interest! Rang up to enquire and was told I had selected the 16.9% promotional offer? I don't think so! Who in their right mind would do that and why would such a 'promotional offer' exist!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They have now put me on 0% but no refund of charges so have complained online. Hope I get somewhere as it's about £500 and I wish I had noticed sooner. I assumed I had miscalculated all the mini repayments I make.

In other news, following this phone call I ran 8.5km!! :j:j:j
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Mortgage statement through as well and those figures DO match up!!
  • Hi Cath, coming out of lurkdom to say that my DS is the same with trousers. I turn his into shorts, even joggers as they never need stitching as they just curl up and don't frey, he wears them In the garden or if we go down to the beach. Chinos make really smart shorts, just turn them up twice where you have cut them, iron the creases with a hot iron so the creases are sharp and stay in and put a couple of stiches on the inside and outside seam of leg to keep the turn up in place.

Hope that's of some help, take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I had a month like that last month, gym membership x2, swim lessons, music exams and lessons and so on. It was painful.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Hi Cath, coming out of lurkdom to say that my DS is the same with trousers. I turn his into shorts, even joggers as they never need stitching as they just curl up and don't frey, he wears them In the garden or if we go down to the beach. Chinos make really smart shorts, just turn them up twice where you have cut them, iron the creases with a hot iron so the creases are sharp and stay in and put a couple of stiches on the inside and outside seam of leg to keep the turn up in place.

Hope that's of some help, take care.x.
    I had a month like that last month, gym membership x2, swim lessons, music exams and lessons and so on. It was painful.

Thanks PWPS, I am no seamstress but think even I should manage that! That's really helpful, thank you.

Cheque written today Helen, will be far more painful when it clears! :D

So, whilst I slept and then took the children swimming, DH went into work to do some overtime and has batch cooked lots of food. What a superstar!! :j:j

I was really hoping to go for a quick run today but my hip is feeling yesterdays efforts so a rest day is needed. Am disappointed not to be going as this exercise is getting rather addictive. A swim would be ideal but free passes not valid yet.

Have tried to phone TC as they have messed up. We were getting £29 towards childcare costs of £700 so I rang to reduce costs and have had a letter showing payment going up slightly. They haven't reduced my costs! :mad::mad: No wonder so many overpayments are made.

Things to do:
    [STRIKE]Sort out DH car tax[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay big cc[/STRIKE]
    Print holiday confimation
    Sort out raised bed
    Meal plan after DH cooking session!
  • CathT
    Forumite
    CathT wrote: »
    Thanks PWPS, I am no seamstress but think even I should manage that! That's really helpful, thank you.

Cheque written today Helen, will be far more painful when it clears! :D

So, whilst I slept and then took the children swimming, DH went into work to do some overtime and has batch cooked lots of food. What a superstar!! :j:j

I was really hoping to go for a quick run today but my hip is feeling yesterdays efforts so a rest day is needed. Am disappointed not to be going as this exercise is getting rather addictive. A swim would be ideal but free passes not valid yet.

Have tried to phone TC as they have messed up. We were getting £29 towards childcare costs of £700 so I rang to reduce costs and have had a letter showing payment going up slightly. They haven't reduced my costs! :mad::mad: No wonder so many overpayments are made.

Things to do:
    [STRIKE]Sort out DH car tax[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay big cc[/STRIKE]
    Print holiday confimation DONE
    Sort out raised bed DONE
    Meal plan after DH cooking session DONE !

Morning all, so my wages were in the bank about half an hour ago but some swift money switching means it has all gone! It's so depressing when one wage is used for bills!

I have however transferred the money for professional subscription renewal. Need to enquire whether I have standing order active for this? I also took the plunge and transferred enough money to increase SO for mortgage OP by £50. Will ring provider to amend (can't do online) and amend spreadsheet later.

Am not going to hit cc repayment target this month but it was incredibly ambitious and setting that target meant we paid off a lot more this month than we would have. :D

I get an incremental rise plus ?payrise next month so will soon catch up :)

Made 72p Tilly tidy.

Also need to ring TC later as it appears they do not work Sundays!

Have a good Monday all!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback