Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I ended up buying a clinique compact too, although in my case its a powder foundation. Hope you are having a lovely weekend in the sunshine?
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thanks guys for your comments. And I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Rimmel compact SA. Redo - my sister has used the Clinique powder foundation for ages and really likes it.

Worked late on Friday - was glad to see the back of the place! But I really enjoyed myself yesterday at my friend's where we watched the wedding and toasted the happy couple with bubbly. I took Prosecco, wine and chocolates. Most of the women ended up sitting in the garden in the sunshine (still imbibing!) afterwards while the guys watched the cup final. Got a taxi home about 9pm and went to bed not long afterwards!

Today I had brunch with my friend (sat outside again in the lovely sun), caught up with the housework and have had a relaxing time since then.

Oh - and I finally got my £25 Opinium cheque!:j. Have put this towards the Ad Hoc fund. Nothing on PA though.

This week I have the Tina Turner musical on Thursday evening and on Friday I'm off to have a look at DD and OH's new little house that they have just bought and will be using for hols - they're also going to rent it out for holiday lets next year before finally retiring there hopefully in a few years time. Only thing is I've blasted the budget on the flights there as it's a bank holiday weekend. :(. Still I'm really looking forward to seeing it. They're over the moon as they've been looking for the right place in the right area for ages.

All I need now is a nice, quiet week at work......:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I will admit I've prised out the empty Clinique powder and put in the Rimmel one. So I still have the compact. Will let you know about the quality, worth a try though.

Sounds like your DD has her head screwed on with the holiday home/retirement home. Hope you enjoy your time there :) We were thinking about doing this before Mr SA got ill. Best of luck to her anyway - she's doing the right thing.

Here's to a quiet week.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I will admit I've prised out the empty Clinique powder and put in the Rimmel one. So I still have the compact. Will let you know about the quality, worth a try though.

Sounds like your DD has her head screwed on with the holiday home/retirement home. Hope you enjoy your time there :) We were thinking about doing this before Mr SA got ill. Best of luck to her anyway - she's doing the right thing.

Here's to a quiet week.

What a good idea re the compact SA and that the Rimmel one fits!

Well work is still full on but today I thought s*d it and came home reasonably early! :D

I meant to say earlier that I finished the course of tablets for thinning hair but nothing seems to have improved. :(. Run out of ideas now so may start a wig fund on YNAB! I found a passport photo of 20 years ago - couldn't believe how thick my hair was then! DSis is now adamant that she is losing hers as well so at least I've got company in the family!
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have a great time at Tina Turner on Thursday. Also a great weekend with DD wherever her new holiday home is.

Enjoy the lovely weather , hope work is less busy and you get a early dart tomorrow.
  • What a good idea re the compact SA and that the Rimmel one fits!

Well work is still full on but today I thought s*d it and came home reasonably early! :D

I meant to say earlier that I finished the course of tablets for thinning hair but nothing seems to have improved. :(. Run out of ideas now so may start a wig fund on YNAB! I found a passport photo of 20 years ago - couldn't believe how thick my hair was then! DSis is now adamant that she is losing hers as well so at least I've got company in the family!

Sorry about your hair SSG :(. I know it's not very nice. It's surprisingly common though. Is it mainly the male baldness pattern type thinning or is it all over? Mine is quite thick at the back but much thinner on either side of my parting. A lot seems to be falling out at the moment but I think it's because I'm stressed about the DC going abroad :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Hello SSG,

I thought I ought to have a catch up and say hi after my time away! Your afternoon post-royal wedding sounded lovely!!

-JW
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Seasidegal58
    Have a great time at Tina Turner on Thursday. Also a great weekend with DD wherever her new holiday home is.

Enjoy the lovely weather , hope work is less busy and you get a early dart tomorrow.
    Sorry about your hair SSG :(. I know it's not very nice. It's surprisingly common though. Is it mainly the male baldness pattern type thinning or is it all over? Mine is quite thick at the back but much thinner on either side of my parting. A lot seems to be falling out at the moment but I think it's because I'm stressed about the DC going abroad :(.
    JWPopps wrote: »
    Hello SSG,

I thought I ought to have a catch up and say hi after my time away! Your afternoon post-royal wedding sounded lovely!!

-JW

Hi guys. Thanks for your posts and good to hear from you JW.

Im really not sure now about the thinning Hairy. It started out thinning from the front but has certainly spread to the rest of my head especially near my parting - I've given up entirely on having a fringe now!:(

The Tina Turner trip ended up a disaster. I'd arranged to meet DSIs after work to have a quick bite before the show. I had a couple of deadlines to get in by Friday bout as I was travelling up to DD's new house that day was rushing to get it all finished by Thursday evening. That lunchtime DSis rang me distraught (she was sitting in the hairdressers with foils in her hair!). Apparently she had got the time wrong on the performance and had booked it for the matinee rather than the evening. As it was nearly 1pm there was no way she could get up to London in time plus I wouldn't have hit my deadlines if I had attended the matinee. So no musical! And we'd both been really looking forward to it! And I felt so sorry for her as the tickets weren't cheap.:(

Anyway at least I didn't have any trouble with my flight on Friday. Landed at Inverness dead on time where DD and OH we're there to meet me. It's remote where they are but wild and beautiful. Lots of sheep and little lambs gambolling outside! And ten minutes drive from a gorgeous beach. We've not long been back from a long drive and a great boat trip out to the Summer Isles (always makes me think of "The Wicker Man':D). The weather up here is glorious at the moment. Out again soon for dinner - where we have stayed for New Year in the past - looking forward to it.

Will catch up with diaries later and hope everyone has a good evening.
    🌟
  • Your Scotland trip sounds brilliant SSG. I'll be flying to Inverness Airport in July, it's a lovely approach isn't it?

Sorry about Tina Turner though, what a shame.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • sounds like a lovely place. enjoy the break
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback