PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Nice to see you LilySue. You are among friends here. We all count the pennies and I have a 16 year-old autistic grandson, so your challenges are very familiar.
    Welcome.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I love you lot.
    I'm (almost) sorry I et your elephant now. I won't eat any more. ;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Mar I didn't think there was any hefferlump left...;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Welcome LilySue. You have the name of my mam and my grandma. You kinda knocked me off guard there! :D

Not only are the people here really supportive there's nothing they don't know. I'm always asking them odds and suds of information and I encourage you to do the same. Haha. :D
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Tried to send you all a virtual bouquet but it wouldn't work - never mind, its the thought that counts lol!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • I do so love this thread..
    When I've had a carpy day and things look/feel bleak (eeyore mode appears) a few minutes reading posts and the world feels lighter & not so lonely again!:o
    It's wonderfully supportive and positive, lots of tips and ideas and often a problem solved with real care and concern.. Thanks everyone :smileyhea
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:12PM
    ' evening All !
    Minus 4 °C this morning. De-icing the car involved much scraping, sitting in it with engine running, then ringing DH (I park in a side road opposite our house, no garage :(). DH came and did final scrape! I had to ring my first client to say I'd be 15 mins late.

Anyway, the sun came out, my clients were lovely and one wanted to go shopping to Waitrose so not so much hard graft today!

The day got better, too. I treated myself and my auntie to bunches of tulips on my way home and then found that DH had got the tea on without being asked and he'd done mash & 3 veg to go with the leftover lamb :j

A good day all round.

Hope everyone is staying warm.

ETA - thanks for the virtual bouquet, Silva, it's lovely!! ((0))
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    -4? We had a chat with my son who is dog watching for us. His starter in his truck froze and it!!!8217;s in the shop. He!!!8217;s using my Escape. It was -31, so his truck is in the mechanics (it!!!8217;s a 1989model,) and he walks over to our house to get it out of the garage.

Dog is batching it with his boy/man. When we FaceTimed them, there was an empty pizza box and two beer cans on the table. We were quickly told that WonderCollie hadn!!!8217;t taken up drinking!

A dog needs to enjoy his holiday!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MMF007 wrote: »
    '

The day got better, too. I treated myself and my auntie to bunches of tulips on my way home

ETA - thanks for the virtual bouquet, Silva, it's lovely!! ((0))

I love tulips. The last I bought were those to place in the park where my Father died very suddenly many years ago. I always think of him when I see tulips :)

Fuddle :) x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • LilySue
    LilySue Posts: 343 Forumite
    fuddle wrote: »
    Welcome LilySue. You have the name of my mam and my grandma. You kinda knocked me off guard there! :D

Not only are the people here really supportive there's nothing they don't know. I'm always asking them odds and suds of information and I encourage you to do the same. Haha. :D

Sorry about that Fuddle. I was christened Susan, as my Mum didn't think that the vicar would permit Sue, she's always called me Sue though :D Lily is what one of my American friends calls me, she said l just wasn't a Sue , and it kind of stuck , so not being very imaginative with online names l just combined my nickname and real name together !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback