Cunning Co-operative Bank?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Dunstonh, I feel you are being a little rude and dismissive.

Not at all. I am telling you that you are creating more work than is necessary. The simple thing to do is to ask them.
    and as I was not informed of insurance whilst signing the loan agreement that would indicate mis-selling....

Which is one of the weakest complaint reasons going. Not many complaints get upheld on that particular point. What evidence would you have to support that allegation?
    think zx81's suggestion of a Subject Access Request might be the best course of action to take.
    £10 vs a quick local rate phone call.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm not sure PPI was still being retailed in November 2010 unless it was a standalone policy paid monthly and paid separately.

Phone and ask, it's cheaper than a SAR to start with. If they have no details on the phone, THEN do the SAR.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nearlyold wrote: »
    Have you asked the bank when they ceased selling PPI I think it was possibly in 2009?
    I think you're correct.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sorry for the bump, but the co-op's cut off for PPI sales was November 2009.

there's nothing in the T&C's of the CCAs that would indicate mis-sale of PPI - look on the CCA for the separate entry for insurance premium or your opening statement of the loan (as it's listed on its own).

as mentioned earlier, a quick call in will tell you (but if it was 2010, i'd save your time as you won't have it)
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • katiepyke
    katiepyke Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    brettcta wrote: »
    sorry for the bump, but the co-op's cut off for PPI sales was November 2009.

I had a loan from Co-op bank in June 2010 and they tried to sell me PPi on that, so the cut of point is most definitely NOT November 2009
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    katiepyke wrote: »
    I had a loan from Co-op bank in June 2010 and they tried to sell me PPi on that, so the cut of point is most definitely NOT November 2009
    Are you certain that it was PPI they were pushing? It seems unlikely that they'd officially announce that they were ceasing to sell PPI in November 2009 and then (allegedly) continue to sell it in 2010!

Could it be that you were offered some other form of insurance? One thing is for certain, if you didn't purchase any cover, you (and we) will never know for sure.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It is, I assure you
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Whilst they couldn't have sold you PPI in 2010, it wasn't the only product they have had available. Are you perhaps mixing it up with something else. Perhaps life assurance?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Are you certain that it was PPI they were pushing? It seems unlikely that they'd officially announce that they were ceasing to sell PPI in November 2009 and then (allegedly) continue to sell it in 2010!

Could it be that you were offered some other form of insurance? One thing is for certain, if you didn't purchase any cover, you (and we) will never know for sure.
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Whilst they couldn't have sold you PPI in 2010, it wasn't the only product they have had available. Are you perhaps mixing it up with something else. Perhaps life assurance?

It was 100% PPI, even after refusing it on the phone they still sent the loan forms out with the PPI included, I called them when the forms arrived and complained and they sent out fresh forms for the loan without the PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    katiepyke wrote: »
    It was 100% PPI
    Do you still have these forms? If you have, I'd expect then to show another insurance policy. If not, as I said already, we'll never know for certain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure