Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Awful week this week..... only 29 miles. Stress, weather and other stuff getting in the way! Decided that today will be a 'reset' day as such, scoff myself silly with icecream and start again tomorrow....

Total so far, 1016.7
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reporting in at the end of the 23rd week 11 June 2017:

As of midnight Sunday night, I have walked 1399.68 miles putting me 504.46 miles ahead of schedule.

Temperature is really cranking up now. It was 47 degrees (yes that is centigrade!) yesterday lunchtime. However, evenings are OK, and I will be back in the UK for 2 weeks from the weekend.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options
    wow..... that's 40c higher than I would be comfortable with lol!

I seem to have got my walking hat back on! So far 20.3 miles this week already. Concentrating on getting my mileage up and back into a routine, then will worry about my eating habits later.... although saying that it seems to be falling mostly back into place by itself now a number of stresses have lifted off my shoulders!
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    I'm struggling when it gets to 20, I can never see myself acclimatising to that! You'll be the guy back in the Uk with a scarf and overcoat on, complaining about the 'cold'....

Pretty much stayed on track so far. I'll do a mileage total at the end of the month.

Just come back from a nice weekend away near Skipton, walking was around the required daily total, but any health benefits were outweighed by the restaurant and Betty's tearooms. Well, you can't go to Harrogate and not eat at Bettys, it would be a sin!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Sig updated with totals.
    I am still averaging over 9 miles a day so I am well ahead of the target for the year.

My Rambling group does not want dogs on the weekend walks so I am not going either, I am not losing out on any miles as I cover the ground with the dog anyway.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just 26.2 miiles this week, which is quite apt considering the reason it is so low is due to tapering for a marathon next sat. 944.5 for the year so far.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options
    a nice healthy 48.4 miles this week for me! Although would have been more if it wasn't for this silly weather. Managed 6 miles this morning but should have been more but the heat was unbearable!

Total 1065.1

And now need another set of walking shoes/boots. The ones I have now are starting to show their age and starting to hurt my feat.... the next set will be my 5th this year!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    And now need another set of walking shoes/boots. The ones I have now are starting to show their age and starting to hurt my feat.... the next set will be my 5th this year!

I just picked up a cheap pair this morning in Aldi £14.99, they should see me through the rest of the summer and save wear & tear on my good boots :)
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    I've definitley slumped a bit in this heat. The dogs don't want to walk too much either, so my buffer might be slipping.

I've still got the pair of Merrills I got around Xmas times and another pair that I picked up from Sports Direct £34.99, both seem to be doing fine. Gfplux suggested not wearing the same pair of shoes every day, so I took note!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    Total 1065.1

You must be doing something really savage to your shoes, for them to only last 200 miles.

Even my off road running shoes manage over 500 miles! My walking boots have easily done that and more too.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport