PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just a quick one to send positive vibes to Fuds today . Wrap up warm if you've got this cold , strong wind today . I'm off to town so back later today .
    Glad the cold has broken Lyn .
    ps I love Cats . Just wait , when they grow thumbs they'll rule the world .
    Take care all , thanks for the lovely Lulu update .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing you well soon fuddle and Lyn xx

Lainey Lovely to hear about Lulu :)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I could have fought it off without Anton's Lyn. You've a strong immune system there. Just in time for the trip tomorrow.

I'm still home :D my heart rate is dropping and never got to the mountainous regions of when I was poorly, poorly. The pain is slowly subsiding. Slowly but the breathlessness means I've fallen out with the stairs again.

I had my chest x-ray. The results will be with the GP in 2 weeks. 2 weeks? That's helpful! But I have another GP appointment in the morning and it's with my favourite doctor so I'm going to have a good chat about the whole shebang.

MIL is helping me tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about seeing her for the first time but time is healing. I just don't think she knows how upset I've been and I think that in itself means that she didn't mean to be as nasty as I took it. I will move on but Jones' is long out my life.

I'm in bed being a good girl and being looked after. It's fab having older children sometimes :D

Edit: not Anton's (huh?) Antibiotics.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope you can feel comfortable with MIL again, it's much nicer to be on good terms than not and you'll feel better if you can mend the rift. Perhaps she does realise how hurt you were and will try to make things better pet. If not you can manage perfectly well without her except on those odd occasions when it's a family event and then you can see you're in opposite corners of whatever room you're in and have as little contact time as is possible. Look after your little self, take your medicine and mend your health and then keep on being careful through the colder weather as much as you can and stay well xxx

Think I like Anton's better xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Fuds I think your favourite GP will be able to shorten those results . Ours chases up such things so hopefully you may know the verdict by the end of the week .
    MIL will learn by observation that she, her son and grandchildren are very lucky to have you in their lives . Just take it slowly and if she says something triggering stay calm and ask her why she should think that. For everyone's sake it is better to avoid discord so handle it quietly and firmly .
    Candle has been lit for the last couple of hours so hopefully all will be well .

I've had a very long day . DD has been having a few good weeks without being sick and living in the loo after the MTX . She started a bad reaction on Sunday and was still being sick this morning .
    I had to phone the hospital today to rearrange that long awaited appointment with the main consultant .
    There is no way she can manage that long journey tomorrow morning .
    They've rearranged it for the last week in November so fingers crossed that will go ahead .
    I did a lone fast run around town this afternoon stocking up on fresh stuff , going to the bank and pharmacy . Perishables are away , everything else will have to wait to tomorrow morning .
    She's managed to keep a little Tomato and Basil soup down after days of not being able to eat . I'm hoping things will settle soon as she takes 13 different meds every day now some twice a day and she needs to eat before taking them and keep the meds down .

Hope everyone's ok . I'll be off to bed soon .
    Much love
    polly

PS Re Anton , why do you think the queen of the typos types ABs :D

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fuds my GP always reminds me to up my brown and blue inhalers whenever I have a cold/chest issue...maybe that might help with the stairs?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fuddle
    Options
    I have pneumonia. :( My chest is now clear according to the sounds but my heart rate indicates otherwise as does the pain and breathlessness that I still have. I'm deeply upset but I am still at home with the antibiotics that I normally have at hospital. I've had a blood test and polly you were right, nice GP is going to try and get that x-ray for Friday's appointment.

He gave me a lot of his time and looked over everything. He's getting me to see respiratory consultants and he has focused on my acid reflux issues. We're going to talk about it on Friday's appointment but there is a possibility that I could be breathing in stomach acid and that is his first plan of attack with me.

This is the first time I have gone through the GP for the pneumonia. The others times I've gone to the GP and told that my chest is clear, have some amoxicillin or naproxen for muscle pain only to end up being blue lighted days later. With this doctor I'm being taken seriously (i expect now because of the history) and also offered hope that we can investigate why it's happening deeper than blood results at the hospital.

He said I'm not to be cross about not getting the p jab earlier because I don't have a temperature indicating the cause is not bacterial. He's thinking it could be aspiration pneumonia.

Bummer friends. But I have a bit of hope that we might eventually get some sort if reason why.

MIL was fine but she goaded me into talking about it. She said that she wanted nothing to do with it and that we should be fine but is aware thst Jones' doesn't want to see me at family functions for fear of what she might say to me. What it is thst I have done that's made her some sort of victim I do not know but I took your advice polly and said that I didn't want any confrontation with anyone because it would effect my family and if she feels like that then 'my family' and I won't be at any functions she's at. Done. Let it go. Get on with trying to feel better. DH is mad because she brought it up right now when I'm ill but doesnt want to say anything because she's picking our youngest up fom school for the next few days. The fact im actualky talking about it gives it all some sort prevelance in my life. It's all irrelevant. I just wish I didnt need help rpfrom her right now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a hug! in fact have loads of hugs for many different reasons because you're worth it!

Look after yourself, thank goodness for a GP with common sense who listens to YOU and have a pat on the back for making him/her listen. MIL is between a rock and a hard place emotionally not wanting to let it hurt her daughter but if I sense right wanting to make it better again for you and OH? Let her help you when you need the help because you're poorly but make it VERY clear that you aren't aware of issues with 'Jones' that would explain her attitude and that you, even more than 'Jones' won't be at any family event where she is likely to be present because you won't tolerate any more of her venom. Make it right with MIL if you can because of OH and the girls but you really don't need 'Jones' and her family in your lives for any reason, you have better things to do and bigger fish to fry!!!

Keep yourself buoyant little one, get fixed and strong again and whatever you do or don't do keep talking to us because that old adage 'a problem shared is a problem halved' is true! xxx.
  • fuddle
    Options
    I can't believe I still have to bore you all with the P word though! I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere you poor poor people I just wish I cod give support not continually receive it! I'm going to owe Polly a small fortune in candles Lyn!

You're a sweet, sweet lady Lyn. Get yourself on that train and immerse yourself in your little ones. Xx
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    I echo everything Lyn has said . Thank goodness for good GPs , you may have a one in a million like ours . Your doctor seems to be like ours , he's never hurried and takes all the time needed to talk thing through .
    When you see him on Friday ask him if he is your "Nominated GP" I'm nor sure if he is already but if not he may agree to be so considering the recent health situation . Ours has a backup but we rarely see her although she's fine but not as pro active and fast moving as ours .
    As Lyn says keep talking here , don't bottle things up - apart from elderberries - talk and let go instead of dwelling on things . You're physically weakened at the moment but growing mentally stronger day by day . You know what and who is not healthy mentally to be in your life . By the time spring arrives I wouldn't like to be that man on the Lottie if he so much as raises an eyebrow in your direction .
    Rest all you can love .
    polly xxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport