Offers with auction listing?

I've had an offer for £1 selling fees, with the condition you accept 'offers' on your listings. They say this can be auction or buy it now.

I want to list auction but I can't find the offers button. I've looked into it and it says only some sellers have this. Otherwise it's just the BIN option with offers, which I don't really want to do.

Anyway what is the criteria to be able to have offers on auction listings? As my rating is good, above average and good feedback too.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you cut and paste the offer
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but that explains why so many auctions I have been looking at have a 'make offer' button.

Does anyone know if you place a bid if the 'make offer' button disappears?
  • sham63
    sham63 Posts: 1,066 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 May 2018 at 10:29PM
    I got the same offer and could not work out how to accept offers on an auction listing, so just used buy it now listings instead.
  • wishuponastar
    wishuponastar Posts: 779 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 May 2018 at 2:43PM
    hollydays wrote: »
    Can you cut and paste the offer

Thanks for trying to help, although there is no problem with the offer, I understand it. I can't copy and paste the bit I'm asking about i.e. criteria for being able to do auctions with offer, as it doesn't say what the criteria is. I have searched on the help pages on Ebay and nothing.

I just know the auction with offer is available to some sellers only. But doesn't say what the criteria is, so I wondered if anyone here knew?
  • Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but that explains why so many auctions I have been looking at have a 'make offer' button.

Does anyone know if you place a bid if the 'make offer' button disappears?

I've noticed that too on a lot of listings and thought it was a new feature which is a good one. Just a shame it doesn't apply to me (not sure why).

I don't know if it disappears to be honest, something I wondered too so good question.
  • sham63 wrote: »
    I got the same offer and could not work out how to accept offers on an auction listing, so just used buy it now listings instead.

Thanks, that is what I had to do in the end with a couple of my listings but I would have listed more using the auction feature with offer if I could have. I wish Ebay would say what criteria you need to meet to allow this feature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure