PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm ok now Lainey. Thank you. :)

The snow added fun to my life but then it dawned on me I had to get eldest home which meant the school double decker up the hill and DH home down the hill at teatime. I had seen traffic struggling all day so I was beside myself. They all managed and once I'd calmed down with put the Christmas tree up with snow falling outside and the fire on. It ended nicely.

Yesterday the walk to school was very fun. Eldest school was closed (planned for teacher training) so we were altogether. Eldest and I went into Durham on the bus and went to the Christmas market. We looked at everything, praised talented crafter's but then hit the charity shops because we didn't need anything and the prices were too high. I managed to get a smaller sized jumper for myself. It was non branded and reduced to £1.75. It looked like it held it's shape well and wasn't at all bobbled. I looked at the label to find it cashmere, wool and silk. My first 'lost weight' purchase of decent quality and I'm very happy about it. :D
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You jammy beggar! Which shop did you get that in?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    The Salvation Army opposite the bus station :D
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Evening all. Finally caught up with most of my chores I think. Been a busy week. I was supposed to have a weeks holiday but a crisis at work put paid to that so I've worked all week. I'll now have 4 days to take before Christmas but it's far too busy to take them together so will need to split it out and see what I can manage. I'd been so looking forward to it so I suspect I was a bit of a crab this week:o

A friend called in earlier with a gift - she has knitted the most beautiful Christmas decoration for me. It's a pair of elf boots - dark green wool edged with delicate red crochet and adorned with tiny little bells. They really are stunning and so delicate. I'm thrilled. I love to have decorations which mean something or remind me of someone/somewhere. They will take pride of place on my tree - which I will put up around 15th or so, no sooner.

I'm still working my way through the freezer mountain so no cooking this weekend which was good and let me do other things. I did make pumpkin bundt cake with toffee drizzle for tonight's dinner though. Left it at my parents as there are always plenty of visitors who will eat up the rest of it.

But milder here today but damp. I'd much rather have the sharp cold as it keeps the bugs away. I've suddenly developed dreadfully dry lips though and I'm going through lots of lip salve. My skin is dry in general though and I'm a bit lazy about applying moisturiser to places like legs and elbows. I must try better!

Believe it or not I'm still eating tomatoes which we grew in the greenhouse. We emptied it about 3 weeks ago and brought the last of the fruit inside to ripen on the window sills. It has done so nicely and we will finish them this week. I'm quite pleased to have been able to enjoy them right through to December.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello! back from our travels to look at yet more houses and we've viewed a beauty in a small country town, we have a dilemma in that the house itself is exactly what we want and it has 1/5th of an acre of gardens BUT they are all slopes, very big hedges and funny shapes. They wrap round the house on all sides and I can't convince myself that I'd cope with them if there was ever only me. No new properties on the market because it's Christmas time so we'll hope for new ones after the 26th. Cookie dog has gone to live with Grandma and keep her company so my routine is gone but I'm taking ME for a walk now with the secateurs to get some sprigs of berried holly and greenery to put a couple of vases of 'seasonal' round the house to cheer it up. My friend Sue and Charlie retriever have finally moved into their new home down in Cornwall, I'm so happy for them it can't have been fun spending since September in a small 4 birth touring caravan, no matter how nice the campsite they used, I wish them SO very happy!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well, so much for community sharing! for the second year running some kind soul has taken off every sprig of berries from the holly tree that everyone used to gather a few branches from to decorate at Christmas. They must have used a flat bed lorry because it's been cut right up to the crown which is at least 15 feet and there isn't a berry left in sight! So I walked down on to the footpath where all the crab apples etc. are because there are a couple of holly bushes there too and the same thing had happened every visible sprig of berries gone but I looked inside the bushes low down and found 3 nicely berried branches that they'd missed and got some ivy, some young catkins from the hazel bushes and some bay from my tree in the garden and I now have a nice festive vase in the lounge. How selfish some people are, it's VERY sad!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A great sadness last night, a neighbour called to say that another neighbour who lives across the road has been taken in to the Hospice that afternoon. Such a sadness and she's a very brave woman who I knew had cancer in the summer but lived her life to the absolute limit since then travelling not only to the USA on the Queen Mary 2 and touring the country to visit friends and an ex husband but also managed a visit to the Galapagos Islands, fulfilling a lifelong ambition. She didn't tell us that in July she was given just 6 months to live! Each time I saw her she was bright, smiling and doing something bless her, I hope her dying is kind and know she's going to be looked after properly. We have also sadly lost two more friends over the past two weeks, one completely unexpected and one after a long bout of debilitating problems, all three lovely people and they will all be much missed.
  • Southern-Girl
    Options
    The 'T' is for TOUGH and there have been many incarnations of the tougher thread, latest is the GARDEN FENCE thread. This thread is a spin off from when there were a few problems on the tougher threads and started as an alternative just 'chatting amongst friends' thread and has stayed as gentle and friendly amongst us as the day it started, it's a lovely place to be!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I thought the "T" stood for Tesco :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A great sadness last night, a neighbour called to say that another neighbour who lives across the road has been taken in to the Hospice that afternoon. Such a sadness and she's a very brave woman who I knew had cancer in the summer but lived her life to the absolute limit since then travelling not only to the USA on the Queen Mary 2 and touring the country to visit friends and an ex husband but also managed a visit to the Galapagos Islands, fulfilling a lifelong ambition. She didn't tell us that in July she was given just 6 months to live! Each time I saw her she was bright, smiling and doing something bless her, I hope her dying is kind and know she's going to be looked after properly. We have also sadly lost two more friends over the past two weeks, one completely unexpected and one after a long bout of debilitating problems, all three lovely people and they will all be much missed.

Oh Lyn, how sad but wonderful as well that your neighbour has really lived her life to the last, blessings to her for an easy passing. I'm sorry that you have already lost two pals so close together, hope you are ok and sending love x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We're fine Lainey, thank you for your continued love and support in sad times, it helps to know someone else is there for me! I know that death is the ultimate end for each of us and that one life should be lived as well as it can be but she's so young to be ending her journey and had a gusto for life that she lived to the full it's sadness that she won't have the twilight years to carry on enjoying herself. Maybe next time round eh? xxx

Bless you, you make life a better place xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure