Ice

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Not needed them in the last few years, used it on cars and vans windscreens with no problems. Why not try it ;)

How hot is hot?
    I'd think that may make a difference.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Hot tap for me. Never once had a problem with it, even on glass with pre-existing bullseyes and cracks.

Warms the glass, as well as melts the ice, so removes mist from the inside, too.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Hot tap for me. Never once had a problem with it, even on glass with pre-existing bullseyes and cracks.

Warms the glass, as well as melts the ice, so removes mist from the inside, too.

I'd imagine water from the cold tap will suffice, me? I do have electric heated screen and the car is garaged .
    I do remember years back a guy put some hot kettle water on his windscreen of an allegro, the screen cracked! Modern screens may have improved but I'd still not suggest very hot water.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I normally park in the garage so it rarely freezes, I also have a heated driveway, if I park outside I pour water over it from the cold tap which averages at 17 celcius, so quite warm really. It is warm enough to melt the ice on the outside and stops the condensation turning into ice.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Boil a full kettle. Clears the ice perfectly. Don't usually use it all so with whatever's left I'll just use it to top up the brake fluid
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Boil a full kettle. Clears the ice perfectly. Don't usually use it all so with whatever's left I'll just use it to top up the brake fluid
    *Blinker* fluid, you clown.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Frost and ice free garage
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,149 Forumite
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    With the cold weather what's everyone using for scraping the frost off of their windscreens? I'm having problems getting mine clear. I used my Halfords discount card but it only got 20% off.

Haha,i think it went over everyone,s head:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga wrote: »
    Haha,i think it went over everyone,s head:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Not the ten who thanked his post :p
  • 306chris
    306chris Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just press the buttons for the two heated screens.

Easy peasy.

Just make sure the door seals are in good nick and treated with gummi pflege and I don't tend to have any issues.
    Bedroom Tax / Spare room subsidy / Housing Benefit Reduction - It's the same thing, get over it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure