Item received after refund and now they want money or item back

I redeemed a code from Wowcher for a jewellery advent calendar from Fakurma on 28/10/17. Wowcher stated delivery by 03/11/2017, then this moved onto 14/11/2017. Once that date had passed and the item had not been received, I contacted Fakurma on numerous occasions with no reply, same with wowcher, until I contacted them privately on Twitter. Wowcher emailed Fakurma to give me an update and copied me into emails. They had to chase Fakurma as did I. Finally we had a reply stating "We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order. We can confirm that your order has been processed and dispatched. Most of our customers are receiving their order on time but if your order does not arrive within the expected date then please allow up to 10 working days before requesting a replacement or refund since it is a busy Christmas period and it can take longer for the orders to arrive than the normal expected period. Unfortunately, we have no control over postal services and we apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this matter further if your items are not arrived within the Royal mail estimated delivery time frame. One again we would like to apologise for the inconvenience." This was received on 24/11/2017 after chasing again as I did not receive a response after 72 hours like they promised. I requested the date that the item was dispatched so I could work out the extra 10 working days but no response. Wowcher then offered a refund to close the case and I accepted. I received the refund and then the item arrived on 30/11/2017. BUT it had Royal mail 48 on the front, which proves it wasn't dispatched when I received the email from Fakurma stating it had been dispatched and had actually been dispatched once I advised I was going to complain and contact trading standards (I'm not the only person with this problem, there are lots!). They have now sent me this email today "Dear Wowcher, We have a response from escalation team that order has now been delivered. Therefore, we request you to advise the customer to return the item back to us or make the payment of the goods." Where do I stand with this? Do I have to re-pay for the item/send it back even though they have lied to me and only sent it after I advised I would complain? I'd appreciate any advice as I have told them I'm not willing to do that due to the stress and hassle it has caused me with their incompetence and lies

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yes, of course you either have to pay or send the item back, I have no idea why you think you wouldn't have to!
    :p
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There is also a possibility after the complaint they sent out a second to fullfill your order so possibly tried to resolve the situation instead of being considered a lie.
  • Of course you have to either pay or return the item; do you really think you have the right to keep it? It's a shame that you even had to ask this question
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I disagree with the above. If the item was sent after refund had been actioned the seller needs to make arrangements for it to be returned. Buyer will be expected to assist with the return , so OP ask the company or wowcher to supply a pre paid returns label so that you can return it safely.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I only came on asking for advice not for people to be having a go at me asking a simple question! Everyone who has ordered this product has had the same problem. I wont bother asking next time if people are so quick to make remarks
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ClaireC88 wrote: »
    I only came on asking for advice not for people to be having a go at me asking a simple question! Everyone who has ordered this product has had the same problem. I wont bother asking next time if people are so quick to make remarks

No one is "having a go" because you asked a question, but because of your, seeming, lack of morals. Being faffed around a bit over an internet purchase doesn't automatically entitle you to a freebie.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ClaireC88 wrote: »
    I redeemed a code from Wowcher for a jewellery advent calendar from Fakurma on 28/10/17. Wowcher stated delivery by 03/11/2017, then this moved onto 14/11/2017. Once that date had passed and the item had not been received, I contacted Fakurma on numerous occasions with no reply, same with wowcher, until I contacted them privately on Twitter. Wowcher emailed Fakurma to give me an update and copied me into emails. They had to chase Fakurma as did I. Finally we had a reply stating "We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order. We can confirm that your order has been processed and dispatched. Most of our customers are receiving their order on time but if your order does not arrive within the expected date then please allow up to 10 working days before requesting a replacement or refund since it is a busy Christmas period and it can take longer for the orders to arrive than the normal expected period. Unfortunately, we have no control over postal services and we apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this matter further if your items are not arrived within the Royal mail estimated delivery time frame. One again we would like to apologise for the inconvenience." This was received on 24/11/2017 after chasing again as I did not receive a response after 72 hours like they promised. I requested the date that the item was dispatched so I could work out the extra 10 working days but no response. Wowcher then offered a refund to close the case and I accepted. I received the refund and then the item arrived on 30/11/2017. BUT it had Royal mail 48 on the front, which proves it wasn't dispatched when I received the email from Fakurma stating it had been dispatched and had actually been dispatched once I advised I was going to complain and contact trading standards (I'm not the only person with this problem, there are lots!). They have now sent me this email today "Dear Wowcher, We have a response from escalation team that order has now been delivered. Therefore, we request you to advise the customer to return the item back to us or make the payment of the goods." Where do I stand with this? Do I have to re-pay for the item/send it back even though they have lied to me and only sent it after I advised I would complain? I'd appreciate any advice as I have told them I'm not willing to do that due to the stress and hassle it has caused me with their incompetence and lies

How does it being sent by Royal Mail 48 prove it wasn't dispatched when they said it was, does it have the date on it that is was sent?. How do you know that it wasn't severely delayed by Royal Mail?
  • ClaireC88 wrote: »
    BUT it had Royal mail 48 on the front, which proves it wasn't dispatched when I received the email from Fakurma stating it had been dispatched
    All that having "Royal Mail 48" on the front proves is that it was sent using this particular service but it doesn't prove when it was dispatched.
    The package could have been held up in the Royal Mail system after it had been passed over to them for delivery.

Just do as soolin advises and contact Fakurma or Wowcher and tell them that as the goods arrived far later than they should have done and as you have now received a refund, you do not wish to keep the calender.
    As the reason for the delay was not your fault, you want them to arrange for it to be collected or for them to supply a prepaid label to allow you to return it.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    All that having "Royal Mail 48" on the front proves is that it was sent using this particular service but it doesn't prove when it was dispatched.
    The package could have been held up in the Royal Mail system after it had been passed over to them for delivery.

Just do as soolin advises and contact Fakurma or Wowcher and tell them that as the goods arrived far later than they should have done and as you have now received a refund, you do not wish to keep the calender.
    As the reason for the delay was not your fault, you want them to arrange for it to be collected or for them to supply a prepaid label to allow you to return it.

I hope that was a typo otherwise the return could be bulky. But back to the OP, yes as has been advised, you need to tell the seller the item requires collection or a pre paid label so you can send it back.

As for your comment on the replies, perhaps you need to chill a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure