Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks savvy.

I mixed my soup shop as got excited to see French Onion my favourite and don't see it very often. :rotfl:

A lovely French Onion Soup recipe would be welcome from the cooks please? :D

Off to get a glass of something nice.

How about....

Onions....cooked in butter....over a low heat until they are golden brown...The longer they cook the better until they are very sweet and sticky....

Add some sherry....and cook until most of the alcohol smell has gone....

Add you own homemade chicken stock...Probably not the norm but very tasty together with a few sprigs of Thyme and a bay leaf....

Cook over a medium heat bringing it to a simmer...Simmer for 20 minutes before pouring into oven
    proof dishes....Having seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and discarding the bay leaf and Thyme stalk....

Using a nice rustic bread...buttered and rubbed with garlic...Pour some of the onion liquid into an oven proof dish...place some of the bread on top...some gruyerre cheese...more liquid and topped with more bread and cheese....Place in an oven to melt the cheese to a golden brown...

Serve and go to heaven....:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Marigoldsal
    Options
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isn’t much help! She asked me to reply and say she’s sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string that’s fixed to an imaginary cube and still can’t get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Options
    annieme wrote: »
    I bought 4 curly wurlys & a Cadbury chomp. Labels all indicated they were in the 5 for £1 deal. Was I wrong please?

The chomp acted as an invisible trigger, under the 5 for £1.00 deal a curly wurly would cost 20p.
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Evening elite:). For those making hampers for babies, Home Bargains have Highgrove baby oil, lotion, wash & balm all at 99p. rrp £20:eek: Never heard of it but it comes in posh looking boxes. :)

Is it this?

http://www.royalcollectionshop.co.uk/highgrove-baby-organic-bath-and-body-wash.html?nosto=nosto-page-product1
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Ooh....just seen the shop small ad on TV:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isn’t much help! She asked me to reply and say she’s sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string that’s fixed to an imaginary cube and still can’t get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.

What a pair you are?:rotfl::rotfl:

E8_EDB722-_D190-4_BE6-_BF85-_D7_AAE44_B5_C2_F.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • choirchick
    choirchick Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Dove hand wash didn't compare as expected

2x Dove Go Fresh Scents Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £3.00 £2.00

1x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £1.50 £1.80
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Marigold....
    Ask Sal to sort out that coke comparison.....Savvy’s hopeless:rotfl:

Can’t believe she once started a new thread with savvy:rotfl: he’s going to have to get his act together:rotfl:

:p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • annieme
    annieme Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I thought they all were in the mbuy. Has the mbuy ended on Curly Wurly (but still showing online)? The Chomp (BC 7 622210 723512) is on the mbuy - or was late this afternoon - as I bought it with the Black Jacks. The only "wrong" on your shop was that the chocolates are best vs S or M.

If the mbuy hasn't come off, you are very right as you should have a £2 GC:D. (Difficulty may be if the offer really has ended today or is ending soon, slowly reaching different stores over the next 24 hours, that the mbuy labelling may be pulled off and not be on the shelving when you next visit for the GC.)

I’ve just checked & the chomp has a different bar code: 7 622210 783929. Obviously that’s the problem, I’ll go back in the morning but is the multibuy ending in Asda or M please?
    Thank you for your help.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 10:26PM
    Options
    annieme wrote: »
    Just realised A didn't pick up the 5 sweets for £1 on my receipt. I might try for a £2 gc as overcharged if they don't scribble on my receipt which I'm sure they will.

The glitter ball is comparing to T's £5.62 now.

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    3x Impulse Glitter Ball Body Fragrance Gift Set (each) £30.00 £16.86
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.20
    1x McCoy's Mighty Meaty Ridge Cut Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Toasted Cheddar 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.13
    Comparison total (compared products only) £35.04 £20.59
    +£14.45 cheaper

Or, given the correspondence that has now passed between us (in effect), am I misunderstanding? When you say "on my receipt" do you mean physically on your till receipt so that you actually paid (by whatever method of payment) £1.40 plus the cost of the Chomp on your shop in the first place? Or, by "on my receipt" do you mean your receipt comparison, that you have posted, is showing full price (maybe you were unaware that the Chomp is currently part of a glitch?)?

Otherwise I am confused. I don't know why the mbuy didn't come off at the till/SS if that has happened. Perhaps a store specific thing? Small supermarket, different prices? I don't know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure