Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Where do you get the free Sky Q upgrade?

You need to be a 15+ year customer, it will tell you in the Sky app on Android or iOS if you're eligible.
  • Got the sky q booked but the earliest they can give me is 7 weeks away 😡😡

Not happy that if I sign as a new customer I can get an install in less than 10 days

So much for priority deals on VIPs membership looks like they are prioritising new customers and this was confirmed by the sky rep I spoke to.

Might give my 31 days notice again or an email to the ceo
    [
  • Got the sky q booked but the earliest they can give me is 7 weeks away 😡😡

Not happy that if I sign as a new customer I can get an install in less than 10 days

So much for priority deals on VIPs membership looks like they are prioritising new customers and this was confirmed by the sky rep I spoke to.

Might give my 31 days notice again or an email to the ceo

I'd go for the email first and foremost as they'd have more clout to move it forward.
  • email worked a treat
    installation booked for this friday:j:j:j

Got to admit i was very close to leaving permanently but have now got a deal which i am happy with. might not be the best but it suits me and have to say if you go through the right channels the customer service has been superb
    [
  • Has anyone had a problem with there Sky account??..
    I am on a deal with Sky where I pay £35 a month for tv, have all channels apart from movies..
    This month Sky tried to take £79 from my account, but my bank stopped it.
    I phoned Sky and was told it was because they had upped there prices, then due to a price structure my deal had changed..
    I told him no way can they do that without letting me know, he said I was correct and would put a complaint in gave me a ref number and told to phone back today to check it had been sorted...

When I phoned back today, I checked my account online only to find that this month was still showing at £79 plus £7.50 late payment charge. Next month I have to pay £71 and this is with a £24 credit, but January and onwards my bill has gone back to £35....

I phoned back but got no-where as the guy said I had upgraded to all the sports channels!!!!, but I already have these..

The upshot is tomorrow Sky will take £79 from my account, but in order to stop this the guy from Sky has told me to cancel my direct debit and in 5 days phone Sky back so they can reinstate my direct debit so December I will pay £61..
    This is November payment of £35 and December payment of £35 with a credit of £11 for the hassle I have had!!!!...

My head is done in with all this!!!.. Anyone else had this hassle from them....
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone had a problem with there Sky account??..
    I am on a deal with Sky where I pay £35 a month for tv, have all channels apart from movies..
    This month Sky tried to take £79 from my account, but my bank stopped it.
    I phoned Sky and was told it was because they had upped there prices, then due to a price structure my deal had changed..
    I told him no way can they do that without letting me know, he said I was correct and would put a complaint in gave me a ref number and told to phone back today to check it had been sorted...

When I phoned back today, I checked my account online only to find that this month was still showing at £79 plus £7.50 late payment charge. Next month I have to pay £71 and this is with a £24 credit, but January and onwards my bill has gone back to £35....

I phoned back but got no-where as the guy said I had upgraded to all the sports channels!!!!, but I already have these..

The upshot is tomorrow Sky will take £79 from my account, but in order to stop this the guy from Sky has told me to cancel my direct debit and in 5 days phone Sky back so they can reinstate my direct debit so December I will pay £61..
    This is November payment of £35 and December payment of £35 with a credit of £11 for the hassle I have had!!!!...

My head is done in with all this!!!.. Anyone else had this hassle from them....

This is the same issue i had with Sky about the "new sports complete pack" in August.
    I had a 60% discount that had 3 and a bit months to run when i noticed a massive hike in DD. I called and they said i had upgraded to the new pack and my discounts had stopped.
    I was already on the sports pack with cinema and variety.
    They still took £120 that month as Sky cant stop/change DD but i will get a reduction next month. I did not and there was no discount as what i had before so more calls and still not sorted out.
    In the end an email to the CEO and i was refunded what they overcharged and i left 5 weeks ago.
    There was lots of people on here and Sky's own community website having the same issues but not a sorry from Sky and they still kept taking the money untill people complained.
    Watch your bills and keep calling emailling them to get it sorted.
  • Boohoo wrote: »
    This is the same issue i had with Sky about the "new sports complete pack" in August.
    I had a 60% discount that had 3 and a bit months to run when i noticed a massive hike in DD. I called and they said i had upgraded to the new pack and my discounts had stopped.
    I was already on the sports pack with cinema and variety.
    They still took £120 that month as Sky cant stop/change DD but i will get a reduction next month. I did not and there was no discount as what i had before so more calls and still not sorted out.
    In the end an email to the CEO and i was refunded what they overcharged and i left 5 weeks ago.
    There was lots of people on here and Sky's own community website having the same issues but not a sorry from Sky and they still kept taking the money untill people complained.
    Watch your bills and keep calling emailling them to get it sorted.

Thanks for that, will now keep my eye on this...
  • uF0n
    uF0n Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have been off for less than a week and just managed to get 60% off full package taking it to £32.60 a month on an 18 month rolling contract plus £25 credit
    Was happy with that
    Now onto the sky vip app and order the free sky q for me and that will do nicely

When you say full package, is that all TV, broadband and phone for £32.60 a month?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Thanks for that, will now keep my eye on this...
    Took me multiple phone calls and chats to sort my Sports pack issues- finally got it resolved by emailing the CEO of Sky - Exec. Complaints phoned me the following day!
    HOWEVER, they couldn't reverse the incorrect charges - just kept giving me credits until I was "ahead of the game".:)
    As a result the bills for October and November are a complete mess of unmatched debits and credits,which nobody will ever be able to unravel!!:rotfl:
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Took me multiple phone calls and chats to sort my Sports pack issues- finally got it resolved by emailing the CEO of Sky - Exec. Complaints phoned me the following day!
    HOWEVER, they couldn't reverse the incorrect charges - just kept giving me credits until I was "ahead of the game".:)
    As a result the bills for October and November are a complete mess of unmatched debits and credits,which nobody will ever be able to unravel!!:rotfl:

That's the same as what happened to me.
    I had loads of credits applied and the deducted on the same invocie/statement for 2 months and still don't know if there were correct.
    The Person who called from CEO complaints didn't understand why i had sent the complaint as "it will work out ok in the end" and eve she couldn't work out if i had uderpaid or overpaid. She even had the cheek to ask why i had added the sports complete pack.
    After that i lost the will to carry on.
    There must be 100's of customers who have had these issues.
    On a side note has anybody had any offers through the post as i have not had anything but a call 7/8 days ago.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback