Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been off for a week tomorrow and beyond the original 50% offer,declined on cancellation, followed by the same offer by letter,there has just been the 30% discount offer, which surely, no one refusing 50% off would accept.

I doubt, if they do send an offer, I will accept, as they won't beat the offer which ended last weekend. Imay have to buy a more up to date Humax though as our smart tv ,only 2 years old, has a message saying the ITV hub app will soon cease to work .( It worked today,but there is no ITV catchup on Freetime)
  • spreadtrader
    Options
    I have been off for less than a week and just managed to get 60% off full package taking it to £32.60 a month on an 18 month rolling contract plus £25 credit
    Was happy with that
    Now onto the sky vip app and order the free sky q for me and that will do nicely
    [
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have been off for less than a week and just managed to get 60% off full package taking it to £32.60 a month on an 18 month rolling contract plus £25 credit
    Was happy with that
    Now onto the sky vip app and order the free sky q for me and that will do nicely

If you've been off for a week you don't have free Sky Q setup I think.
  • spreadtrader
    Options
    Discounted fibre Bb and line rental deal doesn't end until Jan
    If you stay a sky customer one way or another it doesn't affect your vip status

Sky q ordered free of charge just the £12 multi rooming you problem is first available date is beginning January
    Need to work on this now
    [
  • uF0n
    uF0n Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been on the phone to haggle with Sky today... been with them for 12+ years, but not sure that counts for much!

After threatening to leave, I've just been offered £71.40 per month (18 month contract) for Box set bundle + Sports + Movies, phone and Fibre unlimited (free Q hub and fibre activation). The broadband part is £18.99 for line rental plus £6.01 for Fibre. And £10 admin fee :mad:

Looks to me like 40% discount on TV prices and standard £25 for broadband unlimited that is advertised on the website for existing customers. Would this be considered a good deal overall? Should I cancel and see if they come back with a better deal. The lady went through the typical process, with this being the second offer she made, but I'm not convinced it is the best.

Seriously considering the jump to Virgin... much cheaper looking at their Full House plus Sky Movies at £62, or even sacking off Movies and getting Full House for only £46 (includes BT Sport, so rugby is covered :D ). 6 months Netflix for free too. My only real concern is lag issues with the Virgin SH3.
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    uF0n wrote: »
    Been on the phone to haggle with Sky today... been with them for 12+ years, but not sure that counts for much!

After threatening to leave, I've just been offered £71.40 per month (18 month contract) for Box set bundle + Sports + Movies, phone and Fibre unlimited (free Q hub and fibre activation). The broadband part is £18.99 for line rental plus £6.01 for Fibre. And £10 admin fee :mad:

Looks to me like 40% discount on TV prices and standard £25 for broadband unlimited that is advertised on the website for existing customers. Would this be considered a good deal overall? Should I cancel and see if they come back with a better deal. The lady went through the typical process, with this being the second offer she made, but I'm not convinced it is the best.

Seriously considering the jump to Virgin... much cheaper looking at their Full House plus Sky Movies at £62, or even sacking off Movies and getting Full House for only £46 (includes BT Sport, so rugby is covered :D ). 6 months Netflix for free too. My only real concern is lag issues with the Virgin SH3.

Terrible deal, run.
  • Closure2020
    Options
    Just wanted to post my recent success to help motivate others.

Previous Sky Q deal £49 a month.
    New quoted Price £87.50 a month.
    Cancelled with a month to the end of the contract. Ignored all calls and emails. Spoke on Live chat today with 6 days to termination. Offered £49.75 a month for 12 months with a £25 credit which makes it cheaper than what I paid last year. :T:T

Hang on in there.
  • rivergold
    Options
    Well I got it wrong! Couldn't get through to sky last night so took up the BT broadband/calls black friday deal before I lost it, figuring I had 14 days to change my mind.

Now that Sky have received notice from BT that the line will be taken over - for mid January - they are no longer able to cut any more deals.

I thought going through with the cancellation was the right thing to do!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    rivergold wrote: »
    Well I got it wrong! Couldn't get through to sky last night so took up the BT broadband/calls black friday deal before I lost it, figuring I had 14 days to change my mind.

Now that Sky have received notice from BT that the line will be taken over - for mid January - they are no longer able to cut any more deals.

I thought going through with the cancellation was the right thing to do!!

That's not true at all as plenty of people have done it this way and then just cancelled the new deal in the cooling off period after getting a much improved offer.
  • spikescot2005
    Options
    Was happy with that

Where do you get the free Sky Q upgrade?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback