Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    We have been Sky customers on and off for around 75% of the last 27 years. Even watching it in Germany in the early 90's when I was in the Forces.

We can live without it.

Took advantage of the offer that was shown on MSE in April 2016 and got the whole package for £30 instead of around £80. When it came up to 11 months we set about getting a similar offer but they would not go below £50 and wanted us to sign up to an 18 month contract. Said no and we gave them our 31 days notice.

Have not been using the Sky box but have kept it connected watching everything through the TV's Freeview.

Today I was sent a letter offing it all at a 60% discount. This made it £32.00

Decided to go ahead and got everything including Sky Sports HD at a 50% discount giving a total of £32.60 per month for 12 months.

Activated and back on within 10 minutes.

My reason for posting is that If you can go without it for say 4 to 6 weeks, you should get an even better deal. We have only been without it for 31 days. Obviously you have no guarantee they will comeback to you and you may have to go back to them.

Like many of us, you may have had an earlier offer on the MY Sky page ,under the left in last 12 months link.

I didn't know about the offer (been off over 2 weeks) until someone mentioned it on here. The offer was 75% off with £100 credit.
  • Geebsie
    Geebsie Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been on this deal for the last year and noticed that my future bills were showing this price even after the expiry of the full 12 months. Phoned up last night to be advised it was now applied to my account until 2022?!

Keen to know if anyone has done better than 60% recently through cancellation etc or if this is likely to be my whack. I pushed my luck to see if I could upgrade my rather elderly SkyHD box to a SkyQ box but that didn't appear to be on the agenda.
  • gibby9
    gibby9 Posts: 166 Forumite
    I recently cancelled sky and moved to Virgin. Thought I'd post their final offer for information.

60% off TV
    Free broadband
    Full price landline
    £50 credit
    12 month deal on 18 month contract.

The length of contract was the deal-breaker for me.
  • dvs
    dvs Posts: 826 Forumite
    gibby9 wrote: »
    I recently cancelled sky and moved to Virgin. Thought I'd post their final offer for information.

60% off TV
    Free broadband
    Full price landline
    £50 credit
    12 month deal on 18 month contract.

The length of contract was the deal-breaker for me.

I'm guessing the 18 month contract is because you have the broadband/phone. I was offered TV at 60% discount for 12 months and £50 credit on a rolling contract just a week ago. Perhaps do a deal for TV and then negotiate broadband separately (that's if you're not considering Virgin).
  • gunner786
    gunner786 Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Got the £30 deal last year ended 2 months ago. Finally got 60% off and took it.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    gave notice on my Sky Q yesterday, and today saw 50% off offer on the website.
    Went on to live chat and was initially told 25% was the best they could offer, though changed to 50% when i mentioned the offer on the website, but the agent said that was the most he could offer.
    I declined and will play the waiting game, ideally looking for the 60% and account credit, but not sure if that offer is available for sky q customers or just sky hd+. Will see
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Just called sky to see if they had any offers on my BB and talk and they best they could give me was £7.50 off the BB. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere, my tv deal finishes a month after the bb/talk one so that will be getting cancelled too.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just called sky to see if they had any offers on my BB and talk and they best they could give me was £7.50 off the BB. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere, my tv deal finishes a month after the bb/talk one so that will be getting cancelled too.

I was told the same when my offer was finishing on my fibre, but went on live chat dead on 8.30am when they opened the next day, and got the fibre half price for £10 and free line rental, all on a 12 month contract.... same offer as was expiring.
  • Played the usual game of cancelling, waiting (offered 50% discount over 12 month contract) then used Sky Chat to request 60%. They agreed and included the 12 month rolling contract deal so I can cancel early if necessary. £27.20 for Sky+ Variety, Cinema and Sports. I'm happy with that.

For some reason they tried to bump by next bill up to £52. I spoke to three different departments who tried to fob me off with it being a 'pro-rata' charge. I said it made no sense and that I wasn't forewarned and eventually they agreed and refunded the difference. Also offered me HD on all channels plus Sky Box Sets for another £2 per month.
  • richdeniro
    richdeniro Posts: 308 Forumite
    Hi All,

I currently have a TV deal which is due to expire at the beginning of August so was going to hit the live chat and see what I could get. Currently I am paying the following:

1. Line Rental at £14.99 for 10 months active until 30/10/2017
    2. Broadband Fibre Unlimited at £10 for 12 months active until 29/12/2017
    3. HD Sports Pack free for 10 months active until 3/8/2017
    4. Box Sets, Sports and Cinema for £25 for 10 months active until 3/8/2017

Any advice as to what I should be looking for? I have been a customer with this package for 2 years now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback