No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2017

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    maddie - I agree with what you have said, the only comfort for me is that I don't have to spend much now as I have so much in the stash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Partner has started using up my stash instead of buying new. Hurray!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A teeny little UU, but they all count:D

30ml hotel shampoo 12/55
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU tonight:

REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk 50ml WNBA. It didn't really wow me. It cleansed my skin okay, but it had a weird scent. I'm glad it's gone.

That's another cleanser gone. I'm down to 7 now :)
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Finally got my lists up to date and have some UU to add:D

. Lesson to (slightly) younger self....... use 1 thing, if you like it make a note of it, try something else and so on, you do not need loads and loads of different makes and types of toiletries stashed away, eating up potential holiday/treat money and taking up space, new things come along far quicker than you can use what you have and they all seem very desirable.:o

This really is a summary of how I have been (uncomfortable reading) and not a sermon to any one of you lovely people, we all have the right to do as we wish with our hard earned cash:D

Oh, so true! I just realized that my eyeshadow and blush stash will probably outlive me! I'm 58 and there is no way I will ever use all of that lot
  • Hi gang,

I have some mostly sample based UUs to share:

Samples:
    - Clinique dramatically different moisturiser WNB as not for my skin type
    - Clarins one step cleanser WPNB but this was used when staying over at a friends
    - Body shop honey mask WNB prefer the rose one
    - Mystery serum WNB as no idea what it was!
    - Oskia eye wonder WNB as too expensive for product
    - darphin light moisturiser WMB was really nice lovely and light yet hydrating
    - Vichy normaderm night detox WPNB don't really know what this was about!

Full size
    Neals Yard eye make up remover WMB was nice and gentle, and fairly effective liked that it didn't in any way bother my eyes.

Ins
    3x Clinique moisture surge for men samples (the lady on the counter said the formula is exactly the same as the 'ladies version' only blue which is frankly hilarious. They'd run out of pink version!)
    - Avene eye make up remover
  • Also step away from the palettes ladies! (If you can, I don't own any but I do want one a bit!)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh, so true! I just realized that my eyeshadow and blush stash will probably outlive me! I'm 58 and there is no way I will ever use all of that lot

Well in one week's time I will be 68, so I have no chance :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I own 3 blushers, but quite a few eye shadow palettes and single ones too, most palettes have too many taupes and browns for my colouring, so I am very selective these days:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    hello all,

plodding on here with UU: (thankfully no ins! I am trying to remain strong!)
    UU: Fat Har Hairspray - WISH I could buy again - this is my HG but sadly has been discontinued, I am onto my last from the stash :(
    UU: Colgate tooth paste - WBA but tend to go for whatever is on offer - replaced with oral b from stash.

Scores on the doors for June - 9 out 1 In
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I have UUs to share:

Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Eye Cream GWP. WMBA as I like the texture/results.

Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads 60 packs. WBA when I see them on offer.

Hope all well. I'm enjoying long evenings and not being able to read the forum much. Will catch up soon hopefully!
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport