PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    not been on for a bit but done some decluttering :

one golf car removed from back garden ( don't ask ! )
    60 books
    1 jigsaw puzzle
    2 coats
    3 scarves
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    somerandom wrote: »
    514 - old sofa - collected by council
    515 - misc. tat from DIY box
    516 - OOD coconut oil

517. DS's passport form completed & sent FINALLY !! it took me 4 attempts to complete the form properly (& I used to run a CAB Service :rotfl:)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • somerandom
    Forumite
    not been on for a bit but done some decluttering :

one golf car removed from back garden ( don't ask !)

:rotfl:But I want to ask soooooo much....... :rotfl:
  • sallymander
    sallymander Posts: 278
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all,

I'm a bit late to the party but can I join in please? You are all very inspiring and whilst my house isnt full to the rafters, I've got far more stuff than I need.

Im going to aim for a full 2017 items but will be happy to get past 1009 (half a years worth).

First on the list to tackle are shoes, my wardrobe, toilettries and the medicine cupboard. I have at least 10 lip balms that Ive been given as presents, God only knows why Ive kept all of them?!?

Out of interest, do you just count items that have been thrown out? If I got on with using them up would that count? i.e. the half used bottle of fake tan from last year?

Off to read the thread from the start....

Sally
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • sallymander
    sallymander Posts: 278
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Todays contribution are 35 books that have been scanned and sold. Ive boxed then ready for my OH to post tomorrow. Only another 1988 items to go........
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • So my granddads will is finally back from probate and my dad has a meeting with the executors of the will at the end of the month.

The first priority for us is to move house, so it is now more imperative than ever for us to clear out and get rid of/use up all the things we can so we don't take anything with us that doesn't really need to come with us

:o
  • somerandom
    Forumite
    somerandom wrote: »
    517. DS's passport form completed & sent FINALLY !!

518. cardi
    519. skirt
    520. dead socks
    521. bag of used batteries - recycing
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    813-814. Books sold online
    816. Jewellery box sold online
    817. Collectible figure sold online
    818. Handbag sold online
    819-221. Bags to charity shop
    822-829. Books to charity shop
    830-837. Purses to charity shop
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite

Out of interest, do you just count items that have been thrown out? If I got on with using them up would that count? i.e. the half used bottle of fake tan from last year?

Sally

Hi Sally, Welcome. Personally I have been counting things that I've been using up as I have a lot of half used things, but it's up to you what you count really. I think we're all just doing things in a way which works best for us, there are no hard and fast rules. Best of luck with the challenge :)
  • Threw away the day and night face creams, the eye cream and the serum I was using. I don't think I was getting on with them very well.

All I am left with now is an almost empty mini of my HG facial cleanser, an almost empty tube of my HG moisturiser and the Avon face wash which has very little left.

I'm still doing it where I wash with the Avon only in the mornings, but then use both the Avon wash and my HG wash in the evenings, just to use these items up. As soon as that's done I can move on to my new, sealed HG products :D

I also have out on the side to try and use up quickly - a hair serum that has very little left, a foot cream that doesn't have much left and the huge bottle of Avon cocoa body butter which I'm meant to be using as soon as I get out the shower but I just can't put heavy moisturisers like that on in this weather! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure