PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 19 April 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 19 April 2017 at 6:31AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 19 April 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Now light, blue sky but cold and slight frost. Will peg the washing out shortly.

Dinner last night was LO beef cooked in gravy, pork steaks, mash, cauli in cheese sauce, peas, LO yorkshires, I had extra veg with mine, as trying to up the veg intake. Tonight will be an easy fish, chips/jacket pot, beans/veg, all easy after a busy day at work.

Yesterday work was manic, with people off sick, and it really showed that whilst we can just about cope with the staffing at the levels management have set, as soon as someone is off sick or as we saw yesterday something unexpected happens, ie, a General Election is announced when no-one was expecting it! It has a major effect on us - this is really going to be even worse than we already thought as with General Elections more people want to vote, the amount of work created just yesterday from the announcement was noticable!

Can't wait until the end of today - time off!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Just been woken up for the fourth time by a power cut / power on which has plagued us all night. Power off is not the problem, power coming back on makes radios turn on and a couple of gadgets go a little bonkers as well as the electric blanket come on! May as well stay up now.

Weather looks rather horrid so far. I'm teaching this morning and then my cleaner is coming this afternoon. I don't know what my friends have planned for the day though I think there's a bar meal this evening.

I wish you all a happy Wednesday.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's shaping up to be a very nice day here today. My lovely friend is coming for a coffee and catch up this morning once she has dropped her daughter off at college. The living room is still tidy so all I have to do now is have a shower and get dressed.

I had a horrendous visit with another friend yesterday. There was a lot of drama plus she has a very big untrained dog who never goes out for any exercise. I was actually quite frightened by it and I consider myself a doggy person but the dog kept jumping up into my face and it bit me a few times, not hard bites but scary. I left feeling very depressed and unhappy at the whole situation and I am not going to get sucked back into the mess she has made for herself. I know I sound harsh but I have known her for over 20 years and most of her problems are of her own making. She asks for advice but never ever follows it so it gets very frustrating.

DD14 has just appeared for breakfast. She is on an increased dose of her meds and it seems to be really helping her sleep. She seems a lot brighter so fingers crossed, the meds are the right ones for her.

I have to dig some sausages out of the freezer for tea. It's an easy meal of sausage, egg and chips for the family. I have some of the leftover chicken traybake from yesterday. I really liked it but the two older teens moaned about all the veg in it:rotfl:.

Anyway, that's all my waffle for now, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, thanks for starting us off nmlc x
    I am up for work after 12 days off...getting the early train as I have a 9am meeting. Finished painting at 4pm yesterday, having started at 9am. Can't shut any interior doors at the moment as all door furniture is off. Hoping DH will put it all back on today.
    Drinks with fellow youth club leaders tonight ahead of the term starting next week. We are hopefully handing over to a new team after 8 years at the helm.
    On the OS front, I am taking in lunch today - that's about it!
    Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

It has got darker since I got up and is a bit drizzly, I'll keep the washing until tomorrow. DW emptied and PL of salad made, I ate far too much at lunch yesterday!

I went for a walk after work, it was lovely but a bit chilly, glad I made the effort.

Work was ok, we have slapped cheek virus going round and a member of staff off with Scarlet Fever, never a dull moment!

Enjoy seeing your teenagers again Gers.
    Good to hear you being so upbeat dumpling.

Happy Wednesday. Take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for starting us off NMLC.

After two good night's sleep I was getting complacent and thought I was on an even keel sleepwise. Not so! Last night was rubbish and I spent most of the night awake. Bah!

Another glorious day in store for us but sadly shopping to do today (hospital tomorrow). If I can get Mr TA cracking we might manage an early start, or we may not! Quite a few ports of call to make, including a trip down to Jollyes to stock up on bird supplies. Those birdies keep us poor but we get such a lot of pleasure out of watching them so it's money well spent!

Long chat with DD yesterday (still at the caravan) telling me of the "improvements" she has made to our surroundings over there! The "garden" is looking good with lots of new plants and tubs in place - she sent me lots of photos! I had better show willing and pop into the garden centre for a few more whilst out and about this morning. Then it's fingers crossed that the wild rabbits don't eat them!!

I have a pan of Bolognese simmering away. I like to keep a few tubs in the freezer as it's handy for a quick meal when needed. Nice cheap meals this time using the half price 5% fat mince I got last week.

Have a good day if you can and (HUGS) for the sad, worried or poorly who want them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    BUM Internet ate my post, have a good day everyone
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The work pile is going down nicely, I finally feel like I'm making proper progress and doing something useful. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've sorted through things downstairs, I have a big bagful of unwanted stuff which I need to sort into rubbish, recycling and shredding. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll make a start on upstairs but won't get much done, by the time I've taken Scampi for a walk and popped to the florists, it'll be almost lunchtime. I wish I could combine those two things, it would save so much time, but it's not worth the stress, lol. Miss tru will be home at lunchtime for our lazy wednesday afternoon so I'm looking forward to that.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.
    Well we finally made it, we travelled for nine hours yesterday, we navigated twelve locks,6 or 7 swing bridges and finally arrived at our home mooring to find that someone else was moored on our jetty! We have a temporary mooring for now and hopefully they will find space for us at some point today.
    I thought I would sleep well last night as I was exhausted, but I was in pain, all my joints ached and every time I closed my eyes all I could see was rushing water and lock gates.
    It's bright and sunny here today and the kettle is on and about to whistle.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm in no rush to get out of bed this morning. One of the hounds got me up twice in the night and hubby got rolled over onto his side again as he stopped breathing. He had a right go at me for waking him up too. Told him straight "your not dying in my bed!" :rotfl:

First summer break booked in our caravan. Only 5 days. Hubby has told the site foreman he is planning on working 3 weeks and then having a week off to spend at the van. The site foreman is ok with that.

We have a guest for tea tonight. Rubber chicken it is then.

Dumpling. Your friend and her dog needs a lesson in manners.:mad:

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Dumpling stand firm with the hard-work friend, and good to read your DD seems brighter.

Judi I am sure your friend will be grateful for you making contact.

Work today, got rid off most of the horrid cold but now have sinusitis instead :mad: Must get up to make my lunch, feed the cat and load the washer as have just stripped our bed.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills