Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smipsy
    • By smipsy 13th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 4Thanks
    smipsy
    Noddle score dropped for no reason
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    Noddle score dropped for no reason 13th Mar 18 at 3:38 PM
    I know these scores mean nothing, but nevertheless I'm the type of a person who takes everything seriously

Last report I had a score of 630 (out of 710), I have no big changes in my spending, no searches, everything is always paid in full with DD, and yet with my new report I've dropped to 588 without anything really changing on my report.

Just random numbers being random, or could it mean something else?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 17,225 Posts
    • 18,307 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    Random numbers do what random numbers do.

Change your pants and see if it goes back up. Your score, I mean...
    • Eagles1905
    • By Eagles1905 13th Mar 18, 3:44 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Eagles1905
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:44 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:44 PM
    Ha, my credit score has gone up and down more times than a used yo-yo this year with no real explanation (Honestly, its been a dull few months!)

Use it as a monitoring tool and nothing else....redic really.
    • smipsy
    • By smipsy 13th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    smipsy
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    okay, thought as much, thanks a lot
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 13th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    GM1880
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    Oddly, and though I know it's a load of rubbish I sort of enjoy trying to reverse engineer their methods and see what changes have what impact on the score.

There seems little rhyme nor reason to many changes. Only a 15 point rise or so on Equifax when my CCJ came off was particularly amusing and a 15 point drop when an old settled account dropped off. What would you as a lender see as a better thing. One more settled telecoms account or a CCJ removed? But apparently they have the same impact on the score for me???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,837Posts Today

8,390Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin